[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

High-V boxes deleted before maintenance?

ZettoxlZettoxl
Reactions: 300
edited December 2016 in General Chat
1st of all, yes, I read that they were being delted at midnight. Since hot "days" technically reset at midnight PST, I assumed that they meant midnight PST. Especially since that's much closer to maintenance time.

Instead, Im guessing my 450 V boxes disappeared because they set it to midnight GMT, with no actual indication of it being GMT in the description, or the news post, or the forum post. So I saved them to open them tonight because they would have filled my inventory with scrolls yesterday, but alas, nexon is too inept to run a line of code and delete the items during maintenance, instead they would rather put new boxes for a new patch in before the patch actually happens. Likewise with the Vth job quests, which are awkwardly available but non-functional for 12 hours before maintenance because again, nexon is lazy and incompetent.

I sent in a ticket, and If i don't get some compensation I'm out. I didnt grind all week and get hyped for 5th job just to have santa boxes get capped and my V boxes get deleted early. Usually I take break from maple because its a bad addiction and i'm having too much fun, but this time, you've ruined an entire event for the casual players you're trying to bring back. I'll be sure to verbally denounce your company to everyone I know who has any interest in playing a nexon game ever again. I don't consider games a waste of time when I enjoy myself and feel rewarded by the developers, but nexon actually wasted my time wth this terrible event. I wouldn't have played unless I thought those boxes would be rewarding, and I got no significant reward for playing all week. There might as well have been no event at all for me. Clearly nexon doesn't appreciate my patronage. Bye

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    The server reset is at midnight UTC. This has been announced on the website and the forums.
    You can also see the server time on in-game clocks at airports.

I don't know why they keep doing stuff like Hot Days on PST and confusing people.

Regardless, stocking up on Hi-Five boxes was a bad idea. There was a limit of 30 nodestone fragments a day on them, so if you didn't open enough boxes each day for that, you've missed out on a lot of nodestones.
    SkyTheDestroyerDalethparkjinwooCatooolooo
  • ZettoxlZettoxl
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016
    I always opened 30 a day. The reason I stocked up was because of meso sacks, potential scorlls, and gold stamps. I would have been out of use inventory in 10 minutes if I opened them all earlier, and without any inventory I can't pick up more boxes and continue enjoying the event.

THe event was set up in a a terrible way that obligated you to save boxes till the last day if you wanted the actual rare stuff.

The nodestones honestly don't even matter, since I'm not gonna bother with 5th job. They brought me back with events, and then thoroughly F'd me in the A. I just wanted a single taste of decent gear for once in my life, and that ring + all those potential srolls really would have helped me out. Without those, it's just boring, laggy maplestory with an underpowered f2p character. If they wanted to keep returning players, they should have let them enjoy the event properly and taste of a little bit of that power, motivate them to drop some NX by showing them how strong a good ring or some cubes can make you. THats all I wanted, anyways. I was really enjoying myself and planned to drop decent money on this game if the event actually paid out. But it didnt. And yeah, it's not that hard to include (UTC) in the item description. It's Global MS. Making everyone assume what timezone an item expires is just irresponsible.
  • BewbzBewbz
    Reactions: 620
    edited December 2016
    '' you to save boxes till the last day if you wanted the actual rare stuff."

Ehh, no. Doesn't matter if you open 450 boxes at once or 450 boxes spreaded through the event. Your chances are the same
  • WantSumCandyWantSumCandy
    Reactions: 420
    edited December 2016
    it was clearly obvious it was midnight server time which is 4:00PM PST (-8:00 GMT)

as with everything else.
  • AsylumAsylum
    Reactions: 880
    edited December 2016
    You didn't miss out on much, I opened over 5k of them yesterday and only got medal of honors and potions.
  • SitzuSitzu
    Reactions: 305
    edited December 2016
    Lets be real here. You are going to get new v boxes that came out today. You will get them even if you don't need them (with all these 2x drop events coming up). As for opening 500 at last minutes; you woudln't have gotten much. I think the good stuff in them are limited, as I opened about 1000 on the last day and got nothing. I even left 500 left unopened, knowingly let them expire because I was too lazy.