[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Taking bets on maintenance time

BeadisBeadis
Reactions: 810
edited December 2016 in General Chat
This oughta be fun.

Also comment what you guys are gonna do for the next 20 hours
  1. How long will the maintenance be extended for?34 votes
    1. It will be done on time (lel)
       12% (4 votes)
    2. 0-2 Hours past
       21% (7 votes)
    3. 2-4 Hours past
       15% (5 votes)
    4. 4-6 Hours Past
       6% (2 votes)
    5. 6+ Hours
       47% (16 votes)

Comments

• VekiloVekilo
    Reactions: 875
    edited December 2016
    100% no faith lmao
  • DalethDaleth
    Reactions: 1,855
    edited December 2016
    666 mesos on -1 to +2 hours
  • BarfonwhalesBarfonwhales
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited December 2016
    i think it will be available on time maybe 20minutes delay. i do think there will be unscheduled maintenance later on tomorrow though. a 9 hour maintenance is a PRETTY long time to be adding what they are adding i mean i've seen other companies add more content more smoother then they have without even a maintenance at all. once it hit 12am the content was available you didn't have to log off to update that would have been done a few days ago where you updated the game but the content itself would be locked off until that day but yea this is nexon were talking about.

next 20 hours im going to level my main from level 1 then sleep because i have work tomorrow. im pretty sure the lag is going to be crazy tonight anyways
    Daleth
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2016
    Barfonwhales

i think it will be available on time maybe 20minutes delay. i do think there will be unscheduled maintenance later on tomorrow though. a 9 hour maintenance is a PRETTY long time to be adding what they are adding i mean i've seen other companies add more content more smoother then they have without even a maintenance at all. once it hit 12am the content was available you didn't have to log off to update that would have been done a few days ago where you updated the game but the content itself would be locked off until that day but yea this is nexon were talking about.
    Nexon has done this before with content like the Tower of Oz.
    Barfonwhales
  • BanzaiBanzai
    Reactions: 440
    edited December 2016
    In The History of Maplestory (GMS) after Big Patches.... 90% of the time it came with an UNSC Maintenance Right after. i probably log after first critical hours passed.
  • BeadisBeadis
    Reactions: 810
    edited December 2016
    Preloading content through an update earlier than whats posted works for smaller amounts. From what I know, this patch involved a lot of content plus they're doing some server side maintenance
    ICSOblivion
    edited December 2016
    Catooolooo

Barfonwhales

Nexon has done this before with content like the Tower of Oz.
    nice i just got back after many years. they should do this more often and save the long maintenances for fixing other problems like lag or bugs if they currently don't work on them during these type of maintenances but im sure they expect it and do. i just saw some of the content added a few days ago like the 5th job portal thing which was great imo i can't use it yet but seems like they are stepping up
  • VieltVielt
    Reactions: 530
    edited December 2016
    Aren´t they already 2hrs late?

edit: the web I get my pst time was wrong ._. we have 1 hour left
    Barfonwhales
  • GlirotusGlirotus
    Reactions: 1,520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    I always wait 24 hours before playing when it is Patch Day. I give Maple time to settle down after re-opening the servers because I know every active Mapler will swarm in all at once when the game goes online bottle-necking the servers lol

I have to use Maintenance-story calculation when Patch Day comes. Ex: 6-hr ETA = 10 hr ETA. 2 more for server checks, game up for an hour then 2 more for the unknown unscheduled issues such as game-breaking bugs. If that still doesn't fix it you can ad more hours after an hour or so of up-time to that. All averaging around 10-13 hours.
    edited December 2016
    Vielt
    Vielt said:

Aren´t they already 2hrs late?

edit: the web I get my pst time was wrong ._. we have 1 hour left
    i feel you i thought they were late until i looked up th PST time. i live in Hawaii so we don't have daylight savings time and i never keep up with it but it's 2-3hours ahead of our time depending if Daylight savings time is active or not.

Vielt
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited December 2016
    ok, so who bet on them finishing early?
    JettLuvsUCatoooloooBarfonwhales