[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

IT'S TIME TO UPGRADE THE SERVERS!

forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
Reactions: 2,815
edited December 2016 in Rants and Raves
@SavageAce , during the stream i think you said that if the lag issues continue, then that is when you guys will probably upgrade your servers right? Can someone else correct me if I'm wrong? Well guess what, it's time to upgrade! This lag has been happened for 3-4 weeks now EVERY. SINGLE. 2X. It's unplayable, can't you see? Please log on during 2x for just 5 minutes and try to train and you will see what everyone is talking about. We just want to enjoy the game, at least give us the chance to do so.
Celeste123LilyflowerBanzaiFennekinBooberpuppybaddenboy12LairKryptiveSekireiFTWJaaadddddddand 4 others.
  1. Upgrade Servers?63 votes
    1. Yes
       98% (62 votes)
    2. No
       2% (1 vote)

Comments

• SaelynnieSaelynnie
    Reactions: 915
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    This is a no brainer...

Yes, I seriously CANNOT stay in the server for more than 5 minutes without getting kicked. :\ It makes it impossible to kill any Erdas! This update is fun, but the horrible servers are REALLY dampening the experiences.
    Lair
  • Celeste123Celeste123
    Reactions: 840
    edited December 2016
    Wish I could vote more than once, I'll say that much!
    Lair
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    edited December 2016
    Saelynnie
    Saelynnie said:

This is a no brainer...

Yes, I seriously CANNOT stay in the server for more than 5 minutes without getting kicked. :\ It makes it impossible to kill any Erdas! This update is fun, but the horrible servers are REALLY dampening the experiences.
    I know right?!? I'm actually super excited for this 5th job patch and can't even play it
  • DragonRalphDragonRalph
    Reactions: 510
    edited December 2016
    agree, im about 7 lvls from 200 but cant even play because of the lag
    Lair
    edited December 2016
    DragonRalph

agree, im about 7 lvls from 200 but cant even play because of the lag
    After i DCed the 9th time, i gave up and decided to just afk. And then i DCed while afking.
    Lair
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited December 2016
    agreed Nexon needs to upgrade the servers but some would say that Nexon can't do that which is bs I dced twice because the server is unstable >http://www.southperry.net/stat.php.
    Lair
  • SirVVranwrapSirVVranwrap
    Reactions: 335
    edited December 2016
    2x is a great time to farm green snails. Anything else is invincible,
    Lair
    edited December 2016
    Lilyflower

agreed Nexon needs to upgrade the servers but some would say that Nexon can't do that which is bs I dced twice because the server is unstable >http://www.southperry.net/stat.php.
    Unbelieveable. What do you think Nexon does? Because I KNOW they are aware that this lag is SERIOUS
  • BanzaiBanzai
    Reactions: 440
    edited December 2016
    Pretty sure 90% of the community here could agree that is way better Remove any 2x DROP/EXP Event from GMS till Servers get an Upgrade. To resolve the issue about give to players the bonus exp/Drop? Easy..... Give Coupons Instead dear god is just Common Sense. Right now you giving 2x coupons no? Well why not?

Right Now i Rather Train /Farm wtvr with coupons than during 2x events.

BooberpuppyLairKanado
    edited December 2016
    Banzai
    Banzai said:

Pretty sure 90% of the community here could agree that is way better Remove any 2x DROP/EXP Event from GMS till Servers get an Upgrade. To resolve the issue about give to players the bonus exp/Drop? Easy..... Give Coupons Instead dear god is just Common Sense. Right now you giving 2x coupons no? Well why not?

Right Now i Rather Train /Farm wtvr with coupons than during 2x events.

Yes, i totally agree.
  • Celeste123Celeste123
    edited December 2016
    forumsareannoying

Unbelieveable. What do you think Nexon does? Because I KNOW they are aware that this lag is SERIOUS
    They hardly ever acknowledge the problem on their main site, they rarely give adequate apologies and hardly any suitable compensation for the disasterous messes they make of events, it is always NX centered messages like "new in CashShop" stuff like that, HEY what about the LAG ISSUE!?!! YA feel me?

We would like to hear something detailed from Nexon and not just "we are aware of the issue and are looking in to it" that looks like a lazy dismissal and people are thinking more and more that the NX company just don't care about our frustrations! P.S. I know about the podcast and what was said but not every one saw it, I think we need a better and more transparent news source on their main site which they communicate with us frequently about our most popular concerns!
    BooberpuppyLilyflower
  • SSVKSSVK
    edited December 2016
    i honestly like other games time for nexon to just surrender the rights to other decent publishers. A few games including Dragon Nest, DFO, and a couple others were migrated so why can't this game. maybe nexon in general needs a new owner, should be a child company and have a parent company who knows what they're doing.
    You've done your best Nexon, but i think its time to give up the PC game business...
    BooberpuppyLairLilyflower
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    SSVK
    SSVK said:

i honestly like other games time for nexon to just surrender the rights to other decent publishers. A few games including Dragon Nest, DFO, and a couple others were migrated so why can't this game. maybe nexon in general needs a new owner, should be a child company and have a parent company who knows what they're doing.
    You've done your best Nexon, but i think its time to give up the PC game business...
    You make a good point there. I'm sure some one will charge in with a counterpoint soon...but overall, I agree that Nexon should either amp it up or just hand over the keys to some one who can actually handle this monster of a game.
    edited December 2016
    Celeste123

forumsareannoying

They hardly ever acknowledge the problem on their main site, they rarely give adequate apologies and hardly any suitable compensation for the disasterous messes they make of events, it is always NX centered messages like "new in CashShop" stuff like that, HEY what about the LAG ISSUE!?!! YA feel me?

We would like to hear something detailed from Nexon and not just "we are aware of the issue and are looking in to it" that looks like a lazy dismissal and people are thinking more and more that the NX company just don't care about our frustrations! P.S. I know about the podcast and what was said but not every one saw it, I think we need a better and more transparent news source on their main site which they communicate with us frequently about our most popular concerns!
    I think kthxbainao tried to do that. But the fact that he got fired or quit kinda shows that it's something Nexon is not interested in. Which is a damn shame.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    forumsareannoying

I think kthxbainao tried to do that. But the fact that he got fired or quit kinda shows that it's something Nexon is not interested in. Which is a damn shame.
    What Nexon is "interested in"...
    edited December 2016
    Booberpuppy

forumsareannoying

What Nexon is "interested in"...
    You're right on the money. lol
  • detexdetex
    Reactions: 935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2019
    edited December 2016
    I'm not a computer expert, but I'm pretty sure that nexon needs to add more physical servers to handle all the traffic from the players playing maple. It's obvious that the issue is on THEIR end, not my connection to them. I honestly just can't believe that this has been going on for so long and it's not total anarchy yet.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2016
    forumsareannoying

I'm not a computer expert, but I'm pretty sure that nexon needs to add more physical servers to handle all the traffic from the players playing maple. It's obvious that the issue is on THEIR end, not my connection to them. I honestly just can't believe that this has been going on for so long and it's not total anarchy yet.
    Lol...my Dad can host a better server and have people coming from pretty far away with little to no lag...Nexon has a lot more servers than my Dad's measly one...but still...
    edited December 2016
    Petalmagic

forumsareannoying

Lol...my Dad can host a better server and have people coming from pretty far away with little to no lag...Nexon has a lot more servers than my Dad's measly one...but still...
    Well, Nexon uses cutting-edge potato technology. It helps the environment and has a carbon footprint of 0 so maybe that's why they don't want to upgrade their servers. Don't believe me? See for yourself http://imgur.com/a/q61UA