[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

IT'S TIME TO UPGRADE THE SERVERS!

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2016
    forumsareannoying

Petalmagic

forumsareannoying

I'm not a computer expert, but I'm pretty sure that nexon needs to add more physical servers to handle all the traffic from the players playing maple. It's obvious that the issue is on THEIR end, not my connection to them. I honestly just can't believe that this has been going on for so long and it's not total anarchy yet.
    Lol...my Dad can host a better server and have people coming from pretty far away with little to no lag...Nexon has a lot more servers than my Dad's measly one...but still...
    Well, Nexon uses cutting-edge potato technology. It helps the environment and has a carbon footprint of 0 so maybe that's why they don't want to upgrade their servers. Don't believe me? See for yourself http://imgur.com/a/q61UA
    Gotta upgrade to Sweet Potatoes or even some Onions...good Root veggies.
  • SSVKSSVK
    Reactions: 840
    edited December 2016
    when a pretty good PC and internet connection when getting on to maple crashes your computer 5 times in a row, that's a problem nexon you might want to fix that...
  • RyotaKisèRyotaKisè
    Reactions: 720
    edited December 2016
    2x exp + 2x drop = 2x lag
    but Nexon can never figure this out because this is math. They need azn dudes in the company.
  • VolumezVolumez
    Reactions: 1,335
    edited December 2016
    The game has gone to sheet since the V update, but they don't even fekn care.
    All they do is Cash Shop updates and x2 Events to lure people, well great fekn job Nexon, nobody can play your game cause you don't know how to treat it.
    What are you trying to prove? That you have thousands of players on at the same time? Well none of them can even play your game, is that what you want?
    Just come out with a message to your dam players, who fill up your game and your pockets on a daily basis, and tell them you are upgrading your crappy servers
  • SSVKSSVK
    Reactions: 840
    edited December 2016
    nexon should just give it up already, i've had no respect for them for the 8 years ive played. Every time a pro or bigger amatuer gamer hear they're name, its like a disease
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited December 2016
    I wish there was something we could do to make them address this lag issue and take it seriously.
  • JaaadddddddJaaaddddddd
    Reactions: 1,005
    edited December 2016
    Please can someone from the Nexon team address this issue the game is unbearable
  • SekireiFTWSekireiFTW
    Reactions: 810
    edited December 2016
    I believe they should've upgraded the server before the last couple of patches. They knew the server couldn't handle the EMS and GMS merge let alone 5th job. In a perfect world we would've gotten a new server, then the merge not long after. Then finish with a huge 5th job event for New Years. .
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited December 2016
    Jaaaddddddd

Please can someone from the Nexon team address this issue the game is unbearable
    I SECOND THIS! PLEASE!
    JaaadddddddSekireiFTW
  • JaaadddddddJaaaddddddd
    Reactions: 1,005
    edited December 2016
    forumsareannoying

Jaaaddddddd

I SECOND THIS! PLEASE!
    Same
  • Relic118Relic118
    Reactions: 725
    edited December 2016
    I play a level 201 Shade on Reboot, and have been struggling to do the arcane stone quests for the past 3 days since the update. So far I've filled up the first and I'm around two-thirds done with the second but I cannot finish it. I'm an hour and twenty minutes into it now, but my time keeps being whittled away because I cannot stay in the game to make progress with it. Since Friday night, I've tried to play the game, disconnected three or more times, and given up with the notion that I'd try again the next day. After this happening again today, I feel I don't have any options. I'm getting depressed with every failed attempt, and am considering shelving this game, because it is quite literally unplayable.

I don't use that word lightly. I am unable to play, not because I revile or despise anything about the game, but because the servers are in such disarray I experience repeated hard crashes over short periods of time. I rarely crashed prior to the beginning of December, and this is a gaming rig very capable of running MapleStory.

I don't know what to do, but if things don't get better, I won't have very many options anyway.
  • ShusuiShusui
    Reactions: 620
    edited December 2016
    I miss the days before the V patch when things would die after I finish using my skills, wasteland>this lag.
    SekireiFTW
  • SoreSore
    Reactions: 415
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Really wanted to come back to this game and start again but it takes forever to grind with the lag. Half the time the game is just way too slow when grinding, and the other half the game freezes every few seconds and sometimes crashes the game.
  • SoreSore
    Reactions: 415
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    The lag will end most likely when the xmas vacations are over and kids are back in school. Sadly that also means the game will be "dead" once again and the game will be not fun again due to lack of population. No clue why Nexon does not take the lag issue seriously. If they do they should at least address it so we know they are at least looking into fixing it. Staying silent is just making us think they don't care.
  • TalesGirlTalesGirl
    Reactions: 400
    edited January 2017
    I'm fine with playing with a lack of population, I just wanna actually be able to play! I completely missed out on the Christmas events because the freakin' game just won't run! So annoying!
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited January 2017
    I think it might be less a problem of server quality (it's a major problem, but not the whole problem), but also server distribution/location. For all we know, these servers are all in California. While West Coast players are mostly OK, imagine the strain of a literally Global player base.

I'm assuming alot here, but I suspect that not only are the servers 2-4 years past prime, but there are, perhaps, 5 servers, 1 for each large world/world alliance. In addition, I assume they kept the EU locations of servers. Those servers (I guess) are a little newer than the Global servers. Even then, they didn't keep ALL of the EU servers. Downsizing and all that. It's how I imagine Luna was formed, actually.

All told, yes, hardware is of concern, but so is server location. I could go on into ISPs, but that is a topic for another rant.