[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.224 Neo: Light's Wrath Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Stop doing x2 events (at least in Reboot)

KoKoKimKoKoKim
Reactions: 270
Posts: 9
Member
edited December 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I'm not sure for other servers since I haven't been on them for a while but every time there is a x2 event in Reboot the game becomes unplayable due to the immense lag. The exp gain is arguably worse since it heavily increases chances of us dying.

This game is notorious for failing to invest in its servers compared to the amount of money it makes. So either upgrade the servers or please just drop x2 events all together because at this point they aren't really "events".
PicapolloSpeakerGamesday

Comments

  • FreeSurveysFreeSurveys
    Reactions: 940
    Posts: 7
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    STOP GIVING US 2x EVENTS.

    Everyone would rather play in 1x with minimal lag than this unplayable 2x lag.
  • SaelynnieSaelynnie
    Reactions: 915
    Posts: 40
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Yup!
    I agree with many others... just give us good 2x coupons so people can spread even... until you have a solution for the lag.
  • FreeSurveysFreeSurveys
    Reactions: 940
    Posts: 7
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Saelynnie
    Saelynnie said:

    Yup!
    I agree with many others... just give us good 2x coupons so people can spread even... until you have a solution for the lag.
    I don't even need/want 2x coupons as long as there's little to no lag.
  • SirVVranwrapSirVVranwrap
    Reactions: 335
    Posts: 23
    Member
    edited December 2016
    To hell with the 2x this is outrageous. This spells the death of gms if left unfixed.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    Posts: 1,572
    Member
    edited December 2016
    ...Seriously would take a server downtime for a while for good servers.
  • SezuiSezui
    Reactions: 410
    Posts: 3
    Member
    edited December 2016
    They should make a reboot2 server like kms. After europe server merging with globa,l its stupid that they still have one reboot server
  • PicapolloSpeakerPicapolloSpeaker
    Reactions: 600
    Posts: 5
    Member
    edited December 2016
    Reboot 2 (with a 50% player migration) should be a thing, we're too many people at the Reboot server
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    Posts: 337
    Member
    edited December 2016
    Remove it from the main servers too
  • GamesdayGamesday
    Reactions: 870
    Posts: 46
    Member
    edited December 2016
    I am really confused my fellow maplers, at what Nexon is doing to our beloved game, it seems to me that they don't want us in a non pay to win server, seeing that it makes them the least amount of money. We have been lagging since 11/30/16 so we been lagging for about 17 days......... why hasn't Nexon added another Reboot server?, it takes like 3-4 days to add a new server, we been lagging for 17 days...... I keep seeing every day in my guild and in the world how people keep moving to reboot day in and day out. Reboot obviously seems more popular than the HALF EMPTY 17 servers.............

    Why isn't Nexon giving love to Reboot?, Why is Nexon continuously removing certain things from events that don't seem pay to win from reboot servers?, like the creation of Zero........ I'm beginning to think Nexon wants to make people feel so bad and feel like reboot is so unplayable that people will start to migrate back into the Pay to Win servers.
    They know their Reboot server is lagging so bad that people just CANT do their events, yet they continue to run event after event after event. I personally lost the Absolab weapon event due to constant disconnects and lag, all the GM told me was that they were sorry, the one thing thou that made me really angry was the fact that he literally said that as an individual player incident they couldn't help me........so in other words the individual player does not matter, only when its a large group of players complaining about the same thing will they actually "help" you.

    It is obvious that Nexon does not like Reboot, their actions prove that and I for one am very disappointed that I ever spent any currency in this company. I love the game I hate the company.
    VieltChukki
  • MoonliteMoonlite
    Reactions: 465
    Posts: 8
    Member
    edited December 2016
    Actually I don't think Reboot has too many people, it's that the servers can't handle the population. I like playing maplestory and seeing people in tons of maps. Makes the game feel alive and content packed and exciting.

    Keep the players, get better servers and bandwidth.
  • VieltVielt
    Reactions: 530
    Posts: 13
    Member
    edited December 2016
    Stupid event ._. the 2 HORNTAIL from today BUGGED! 1 the left head didn´t appear and 2 time it´s bugged after I kill the right head.
    The Portal Doesn´t Work Right Now.....
    Seriously Nexon please fix the lag u.u
    image
  • CybunnyCybunny
    Reactions: 775
    Posts: 33
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    There are 10 empty channel slots on Reboot right now, being unused. Why not expand on this? o wait money
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    Posts: 337
    Member
    edited December 2016
    SirVVranwrap

    To hell with the 2x this is outrageous. This spells the death of gms if left unfixed.
    We're all better off not even being online
  • GamesdayGamesday
    Reactions: 870
    Posts: 46
    Member
    edited December 2016
    Moonlite
    Moonlite said:

    Actually I don't think Reboot has too many people, it's that the servers can't handle the population. I like playing maplestory and seeing people in tons of maps. Makes the game feel alive and content packed and exciting.

    Keep the players, get better servers and bandwidth.

    Then add another reboot server? like Reboot 2?, in my guild and in the world I constantly hear players that say they just came from other servers...... its obviously trying to grow in an already populated server. Like I said we been lagging since 11/30, its been 17 days it takes less than a week to add 1 single server........ I don't think nexon wants people in non pay to win servers.

  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,885
    Posts: 587
    Member
    edited December 2016
    They should add +10channels and maybe another reboot, that could help, but even non-popular servers lag, it's the server that can't take a 2x, i wonder when they will actually upgrade, i mean people want to stay in the game, so they should adapt with the new player base, it won't go back to the dead servers like before....
  • ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    Posts: 181
    Member
    edited December 2016
    Gamesday
    Gamesday said:

    I am really confused my fellow maplers, at what Nexon is doing to our beloved game, it seems to me that they don't want us in a non pay to win server, seeing that it makes them the least amount of money. We have been lagging since 11/30/16 so we been lagging for about 17 days......... why hasn't Nexon added another Reboot server?, it takes like 3-4 days to add a new server, we been lagging for 17 days...... I keep seeing every day in my guild and in the world how people keep moving to reboot day in and day out. Reboot obviously seems more popular than the HALF EMPTY 17 servers.............

    Why isn't Nexon giving love to Reboot?, Why is Nexon continuously removing certain things from events that don't seem pay to win from reboot servers?, like the creation of Zero........ I'm beginning to think Nexon wants to make people feel so bad and feel like reboot is so unplayable that people will start to migrate back into the Pay to Win servers.
    They know their Reboot server is lagging so bad that people just CANT do their events, yet they continue to run event after event after event. I personally lost the Absolab weapon event due to constant disconnects and lag, all the GM told me was that they were sorry, the one thing thou that made me really angry was the fact that he literally said that as an individual player incident they couldn't help me........so in other words the individual player does not matter, only when its a large group of players complaining about the same thing will they actually "help" you.

    It is obvious that Nexon does not like Reboot, their actions prove that and I for one am very disappointed that I ever spent any currency in this company. I love the game I hate the company.
    This is right.

    +1
  • JaaadddddddJaaaddddddd
    Reactions: 1,005
    Posts: 28
    Member
    edited December 2016
    Yep yep