[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Why does nexon even have a live chat for appeals?

AdorableAdorable
Reactions: 1,235
edited December 2016 in General Chat
Recently I was falsely banned while AFK in henesys; I tried appealing no nexon, who claims I was hacking/botting, but they reply in a way that makes me feel like its a bot that looks for keywords and spits out an automatic response... As someone who directly reports to Nexon videos of players hacking or ksing, yes its in their "terms of service", its outrageous they wouldn't even look twice at my case. I even saved up around three thousand vcoins to get a ss ring but wont be unbanned in time to get it... or any other prizes I worked so long for.. What do you guys think. Wanting more players and not supporting their desire. more players = more staff and support / regulation on hackers needed...
WONDERGUYcarmenpop22Kuronekonova

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2016
    Yes, there is. It's available on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
  • XionicomadXionicomad
    Reactions: 820
    edited December 2016

Nexon looks at everything before deciding to ban people. It is very rare that that they falsely ban. If you have proof that you didn't hack or bot or whatever then feel free to show it.

Otherwise you'll get no support from the forum community.
  • AdorableAdorable
    edited December 2016
    Xionicomad

Nexon looks at everything before deciding to ban people. It is very rare that that they falsely ban. If you have proof that you didn't hack or bot or whatever then feel free to show it.

Otherwise you'll get no support from the forum community.
    My point exactly with the Mod right above you! Replying "Yes, there is. It's available on Tuesdays and Saturdays." shows he/she did not read my thread in a decent manner before replying, nor did he even fact check himself/herself. It is open tuesdays through thursdays from 10 to 5 pacific standard time...
    TubaTrayseeWONDERGUYdarikcarmenpop22Kuronekonova
  • SirVVranwrapSirVVranwrap
    Reactions: 335
    edited December 2016
    Skyrim, 4 years later still has 24/7 live support. Maplestory? 2 randomly selected days of the week with a sub human operator with an accent.
    WONDERGUYcarmenpop22
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016
    SirVVranwrap

Skyrim, 4 years later still has 24/7 live support. Maplestory? 2 randomly selected days of the week with a sub human operator with an accent.
    A single-player game that hasn't had a content-oriented update since December 4th 2012 and does not require players to create accounts solely to play it, compared to an MMORPG that gets a substantial amount of new content at at least two separate points each year and requires the creation and use of an account in order to play.

Yeah that sure is some BS, right?

Also, calling them sub-human is pretty racist, not to mention unnecessary. But I must say, I'm rather impressed that you're able to discern accents through text.
    MegaScienceNiightseekerdarikFuhreakcarmenpop22
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    In the past, appealing bans worked, sometimes too well. As in, people who deserved to be banned would ask nicely and get unbanned right away.
    We complained about that, and the policy was changed, to where you can only get unbanned if you prove you didn't do whatever they accuse you of (as opposed to "yes, I did it, but I'm sorry, it was my first time, and I will never do it again, honest!")

However, the result of the change is that they basically tell everyone, "you did the crime now do the time." They just assume that the GM who banned you was justified in doing so. So the ban appeals chat (and tickets) are now kind of pointless.

The only way I know of to get unbanned from a false ban is to have the Community Manager ask Customer Support (the GM team) to "look into this again." This made them really check the game logs or whatever evidence, and I've heard of numerous people getting unbanned as a result. (And some that weren't, because they were trying to abuse the CM's help and really did hack or whatever).

Unfortunately, we don't currently have a CM (unless @OneLetter counts), so I don't know what you can do to make them really check your case again :-(
    Adorablecarmenpop22
  • AdorableAdorable
    edited December 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

In the past, appealing bans worked, sometimes too well. As in, people who deserved to be banned would ask nicely and get unbanned right away.
    We complained about that, and the policy was changed, to where you can only get unbanned if you prove you didn't do whatever they accuse you of (as opposed to "yes, I did it, but I'm sorry, it was my first time, and I will never do it again, honest!")

However, the result of the change is that they basically tell everyone, "you did the crime now do the time." They just assume that the GM who banned you was justified in doing so. So the ban appeals chat (and tickets) are now kind of pointless.

The only way I know of to get unbanned from a false ban is to have the Community Manager ask Customer Support (the GM team) to "look into this again." This made them really check the game logs or whatever evidence, and I've heard of numerous people getting unbanned as a result. (And some that weren't, because they were trying to abuse the CM's help and really did hack or whatever).

Unfortunately, we don't currently have a CM (unless @OneLetter counts), so I don't know what you can do to make them really check your case again :-(
    A company that wants to grow must first adapt to the potential change. I can understand being overwhelmed, but falsely banning someone who cannot prove anything is rediculous. Many people AFK overnight while logged in; does nexon expect us to record non-stop? I wouldn't mind waiting the few days, opposed to my whole ban duration, to get my case solved, but it seems nexon fails to understand that. Even a kid can understand the ideas of supply and demand: when demand goes up, so does value; nexon advertises in hopes of gaining more players, the demand up: increasing the need for more staff and upgrades.But when they do not meet the requirements for change, they are essentially achieving the opposite goal of advertising: losing players. Terrible support and too laggy to play = returning players just quitting again.
  • Me2UMe2U
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited December 2016
    LoL yes they do falsely ban people. For instance, while I was on a different character (same account) my main was banned! I was like WTF how can this be if I'm on the same account but different character looking for stuff I put on my other characters as storage. (once I logged off I couldn't go back on) I explained to them and one of the mods told me that they can't do anything about it. They did not look into it nor did they even read my appeal. Its like they have a automated recording to read and respond to emails
  • XionicomadXionicomad
    Reactions: 820
    edited December 2016
    Me2U
    Me2U said:

LoL yes they do falsely ban people. For instance, while I was on a different character (same account) my main was banned! I was like WTF how can this be if I'm on the same account but different character looking for stuff I put on my other characters as storage. (once I logged off I couldn't go back on) I explained to them and one of the mods told me that they can't do anything about it. They did not look into it nor did they even read my appeal. Its like they have a automated recording to read and respond to emails
    Let's put it this way. The amount of of people who hacked and ask for an appeal is far greater than those who didn't hack and asking for an appeal.

Unless you have proof you didn't hack; most people will assume you hacked.
  • AdorableAdorable
    edited December 2016
    Xionicomad

Me2U
    Me2U said:

Let's put it this way. The amount of of people who hacked and ask for an appeal is far greater than those who didn't hack and asking for an appeal.

Unless you have proof you didn't hack; most people will assume you hacked.

Let's put it this way. In the real world[maple], you cannot sentence[ban] a man without explicit proof of the action; if needed, the person has the right to know the crime he is being convicted of[support chat: "let me pull up your account".]. If, at the time, they already have my account pulled up, why can't they give me proof of my action? Does nexon not trust it's own employees to give the actual information? Admin(s): I will tell you how they got banned, but I wont provide any information the players need, like screen shots[which should be via command when they ban to control moderators] or any sort of proof[packets;etc], so they can't prove themselves because we know they don't record 24/7.

If nexon ever goes in the paper, here's the headline. "A once great company seeks to bounce back but does not accommodate the players/customers with adequate service!"

I mean, I understand Nexon is busy and can make mistakes - thats completely fine - but when they falsely ban a player, regardless if they report hackers as much as me, but don't provide sufficient evidence aside from a reason, then it is kind of hard to not get mad at a company you have been behind and supported for quite a long time. Give me a screen shot, give me packets to analyze, give me something aside from just a wall of pre-typed text!
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Adorable
    Adorable said:

Let's put it this way. In the real world[maple], you cannot sentence[ban] a man without explicit proof of the action; if needed, the person has the right to know the crime he is being convicted of[support chat: "let me pull up your account".]. If, at the time, they already have my account pulled up, why can't they give me proof of my action? Does nexon not trust it's own employees to give the actual information? Admin(s): I will tell you how they got banned, but I wont provide any information the players need, like screen shots[which should be via command when they ban to control moderators] or any sort of proof[packets;etc], so they can't prove themselves because we know they don't record 24/7.

If nexon ever goes in the paper, here's the headline. "A once great company seeks to bounce back but does not accommodate the players/customers with adequate service!"

I mean, I understand Nexon is busy and can make mistakes - thats completely fine - but when they falsely ban a player, regardless if they report hackers as much as me, but don't provide sufficient evidence aside from a reason, then it is kind of hard to not get mad at a company you have been behind and supported for quite a long time. Give me a screen shot, give me packets to analyze, give me something aside from just a wall of pre-typed text!
    Give you packets to analyze?
    So you admit you know the packet structure? And you want to know which ones gave you away?

Nexon doesn't like to tell people why they got banned, because they're afraid it will help hackers avoid getting caught in the future.
    Suspect: "How do you know it was me?"
    Cop: "We found your fingerprints at the scene of the crime!"
    Suspect: Note to self and criminal friends: use gloves next time.
    In reality, the police have to present all the evidence they have, and you can be sure that criminals make use of the information thus revealed. But it can't be helped because our society goes by "innocent until proven guilty" and the judges (or jury) are separate from the police.
    In the game world, the game company is free to make whatever rules they want, and the compnay is both cop and judge.

You're right that when they make mistakes and refuse to even check, they lose players. But that's just part of their all-around incompetence. Buggy content loses players. Laggy servers lose players. And yeah, lazy customer service loses players. That's Nexon.
  • AdorableAdorable
    edited December 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Adorable
    Adorable said:

Give you packets to analyze?
    So you admit you know the packet structure? And you want to know which ones gave you away?

Nexon doesn't like to tell people why they got banned, because they're afraid it will help hackers avoid getting caught in the future.
    Suspect: "How do you know it was me?"
    Cop: "We found your fingerprints at the scene of the crime!"
    Suspect: Note to self and criminal friends: use gloves next time.
    In reality, the police have to present all the evidence they have, and you can be sure that criminals make use of the information thus revealed. But it can't be helped because our society goes by "innocent until proven guilty" and the judges (or jury) are separate from the police.
    In the game world, the game company is free to make whatever rules they want, and the compnay is both cop and judge.

You're right that when they make mistakes and refuse to even check, they lose players. But that's just part of their all-around incompetence. Buggy content loses players. Laggy servers lose players. And yeah, lazy customer service loses players. That's Nexon.

Admit to what? I didn't do anything.. Just because I can analyze a packet structure, doesn't mean I am automatically a hacker?

A hacker, or hack developers, know what theyre doing.. You think they dont know what could possibly bite them back or cause them to lose customers / accounts? If a hacker truly was hacking, they would know how he got banned simply by when he got banned.. A player only gets banned if they are caught in the action of doing so; therefore they can narrow down the possibilities to a few in an instant. I know this and so does Nexon..
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited December 2016
    SirVVranwrap

HAHAHA some imbecile called you racist for saying subhuman.
    WONDERGUYcarmenpop22
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016
    Tuba
    Tuba said:

SirVVranwrap

Ah yes, another totally-necessary post from our dear friend Tuba.
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited December 2016
    Aggraphine

Tuba
    Tuba said:

SirVVranwrap

Ah yes, another totally-necessary post from our dear friend Tuba.
    Yes!!!! And sorry if you felt threatened I'll go ahead and give you a 15 second head start to run to your safe space (; xoxo
    WONDERGUYcarmenpop22
  • jasonxddjasonxdd
    Reactions: 740
    edited December 2016
    Their live appeal is pretty much a bunch of incompetent morons. I'm pretty sure they all get paid minimum wage, hate their jobs and just want to get over the day each day doing as little work as possible like a bunch of waste of human skins they are.

I was one of the few people we got falsely banned AND unbanned recently. Hell, these morons even blocked me from sending anymore appeal ticket after they denied my first appeal, wondering when their miserable day will end.
    I was able to get the old community manager KTBN's attention on Reddit. He looked into my ticket and was able to figure out a "bug" on their end and unbanned me.

Nexon is very stubborn about getting rid of their players. Paying or not. What a joke. You wonder why Maple is losing player base and everyone sees Maplesotry as a meme? This is why. And let me tell you, these morons should all get fired, not the community manager who actually does work and enjoy what he was doing.

To all the Nexon staves looking at this post, please take your 8 smoke breaks everyday (looking at you mr. producer of nothing). I hope your company dies and you all lose your jobs. Enjoy lung cancer too. Kthanksbyenow
    WONDERGUYcarmenpop22
  • carmenpop22carmenpop22
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2019
    help my lift permanent ban
This discussion has been closed.