[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Hackers starting to infest Arcane River

DilbertDilbert
Reactions: 510
edited December 2016 in General Chat
Could we maybe get some GMs patrolling that area or something? It's only going to get worse because of nodestones. What's sad is that it looks like "legit" people are turning to hacking for nodestones. I say this because most of the hackers I've come across are fully equipped with RA, Gollux, NX, and even have guilds.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016
    Videos, screenshots, submit a ticket. If they've got full CRA, gollux, NX and even guilds, then it'll hurt them substantially.
  • DilbertDilbert
    Reactions: 510
    edited December 2016
    I recorded a couple just in case, but I thought we weren't allowed to point fingers even if proof is provided because it's considered "attacking another player" or some BS.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited December 2016
    Aggraphine

Videos, screenshots, submit a ticket. If they've got full CRA, gollux, NX and even guilds, then it'll hurt them substantially.
    Wish it actually did something. They failed to ban the people botting for their levels before the V update and they failed to ban them before Arcane river came out and now those same cheaters have simply moved to Arcane river and are botting for nodestones and arcane symbols.

You sure you have 24/7 patrolling GMs Nexon? They should not be at low levels. They should be nipping any hacker/botter and player macro botters that are 200+. It takes so little time to hit 200 especially for a hacker during the 2x events. Just don't waste your time. Those same hackers will make their way to the new areas eventually and you'll get rid of them all there with ease. It's not hard Nexon. Use the few people and resources you have and actually have them patrol areas that matter.
  • VekiloVekilo
    Reactions: 875
    edited December 2016
    Dilbert
    Dilbert said:

I recorded a couple just in case, but I thought we weren't allowed to point fingers even if proof is provided because it's considered "attacking another player" or some BS.
    Just as long as you're not making it public on the forums. Just submit the evidence via ticket.
  • xRenZiiexRenZiie
    Reactions: 675
    edited December 2016
    LF> Hackers to bring down the prices of node stones lol -nudge- -nudge- *wink* *wink* kms prices are 5mill per stone lol
    IDontKnowWhatMyNameIs
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2016
    Dilbert
    Dilbert said:

You are not allowed to accuse another player of hacking/botting on the forums (or, for that matter, the subreddit) specifically because it:
    1. Is not the proper place to report a player and will not help the player get banned faster
    2. Is wildly open to abuse
    3. Creates a toxic environment full of mudslinging, deserved or not
    4. Is finally just plain against the rules here
    If you have proof, please submit it through the proper channels to get hackers banned; either an in-game report or through a ticket. Probably a ticket if you have video evidence.

Additionally, if these people are in guilds, try contacting the guildmaster and reporting the player to them. Many legitimate guildmasters will kick out and report hackers.
  • genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited December 2016
    Good, at least then nodestone prices will go down. 200-250 mil each in Windia atm what the actual fk.
    xRenZiie
    xRenZiie said:

LF> Hackers to bring down the prices of node stones lol -nudge- -nudge- *wink* *wink* kms prices are 5mill per stone lol

This. Although GMS economy is just insanely inflated compared to KMS, also more players surely contributes to abundant stock. Absolab weapons clean cost a few hundred mil or a bit more in KMS lol, while in GMS, people will try to sell you for 10bil+.
  • XionicomadXionicomad
    Reactions: 820
    edited December 2016
    genji123
    genji123 said:

Good, at least then nodestone prices will go down. 200-250 mil each in Windia atm what the actual fk.
    xRenZiie
    xRenZiie said:

This. Although GMS economy is just insanely inflated compared to KMS, also more players surely contributes to abundant stock. Absolab weapons clean cost a few hundred mil or a bit more in KMS lol, while in GMS, people will try to sell you for 10bil+.
    I still remember when the FM channels sold MISC items for quests, funny armor/weapons, OP PQ items, mounts, horntail necklaces, zakum helmets and so on.

Now it's just all perma NX and insanely priced Potential gear. I miss the old FM days where the screen was covered in nothing, but white text of people selling stuff lol.
    Nightcrawl3r
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited December 2016
    Dilbert
    Dilbert said:

Could we maybe get some GMs patrolling that area or something?
    They would but they have to wait 22 hours to get in there
    Retr0_Ivangold
  • mon0mon0
    Reactions: 780
    edited December 2016
    Good luck with reporting them is all I can say, I've been reporting players for a long time they claim they're gonna investigate them but week later that same player is still botting.
    But they sure don't mind banning people who spend a lot of money on them game and go ks a bunch of punk kids running their mouths.

I mean this is what gets me about nexon how someone like me records people botting uploads it to YouTube months later that same player is still botting.

Now the only accounts they do ban is the account maybe botting they never hit their main accounts.
    I mean when your hosting a shop with 9999 arrows selling for 9.9mil ea and you got bots coming into your FM shop buying mesos which they gained from botting how are they not banning the account with the shop?

Ohh and by the way just a warning people are duping Frenzy Totems and selling them for $400 just a heads up so if you don't wanna lose $400 I'd watch out who you buy from I know buying them is against the TOS anyways but I personally talk to people who know of at least 2 people who are duping Frenzy Totems and Perm hyper rocks and perm pendent slot coupons and selling them for real money,

They also have duped [A] 4% all stat nebs and no booms.

Be warned don't cry later if your stuff gets deleted.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited December 2016
    mon0
    mon0 said:

Good luck with reporting them is all I can say, I've been reporting players for a long time they claim they're gonna investigate them but week later that same player is still botting.
    But they sure don't mind banning people who spend a lot of money on them game and go ks a bunch of punk kids running their mouths.

I mean this is what gets me about nexon how someone like me records people botting uploads it to YouTube months later that same player is still botting.

Now the only accounts they do ban is the account maybe botting they never hit their main accounts.
    I mean when your hosting a shop with 9999 arrows selling for 9.9mil ea and you got bots coming into your FM shop buying mesos which they gained from botting how are they not banning the account with the shop?

Ohh and by the way just a warning people are duping Frenzy Totems and selling them for $400 just a heads up so if you don't wanna lose $400 I'd watch out who you buy from I know buying them is against the TOS anyways but I personally talk to people who know of at least 2 people who are duping Frenzy Totems and Perm hyper rocks and perm pendent slot coupons and selling them for real money,

They also have duped [A] 4% all stat nebs and no booms.

Be warned don't cry later if your stuff gets deleted.
    Please.... you really think Nexon will do something about this? They indirectly profit from hackers and dupers.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited December 2016
    forumsareannoying

Please.... you really think Nexon will do something about this? They indirectly profit from hackers and dupers.
    Their history of taking action is inconsistent so in certain cases yes, but mostly no.

• bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited December 2016
    there's also people using bots set up to pick up everything but the node-stones/ arcane symbols, then just sitting around on their mains picking them up. It's definitely disappointing to see people already resorting to illegitimate game-play for 5th job. it's not like there's a rush to level up the arcane symbol, you really only need 80 AF before chew chew comes out.