[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Ice Onslaught - Live Dangerously?

WarameWarame
Reactions: 675
edited December 2016 in General Chat
On this new Ice onslaught event, there is an achievement on the boss tab called "Live Dangerously".
It is the only one I still didn't figured out how to do.

Does anyone know what do I need to do to complete this achievement?
Thanks ^^
Dragventurer

Comments

• WarameWarame
    edited December 2016
    Can any GM tell me this? It seems no one is doing this event...
    Btw I was never able to sucessfully defeat the invasion because it is impossible to do alone.
  • TrayseeTraysee
    Reactions: 730
    edited December 2016
    Also curious
  • DragventurerDragventurer
    Reactions: 1,701
    edited December 2016
    I also have the same question (and issue of doing it alone cause I do it too.....)
  • WarameWarame
    edited December 2016
    Anyone, please?
    Tried lots of things and still didn't find out.
  • yeendevyeendev
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited December 2016
    I have no idea what to do for it but if you kill the Snow Queen enemies during an invasion, you get an ETC item:
    puu.sh/t02Cm/229bf871f8.jpg

Maybe it's a clue? I haven't tried collecting 3 because the Snow Queens are so rare....
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    So friend told me someone posted on Reddit that you have to kill the boss and leave the map with less than 1000 hp.
    I can confirm that this fulfills the achievement.
    JettLuvsUWarameFuwaFuwaMechTrayseeMomTeresa
  • WarameWarame
    edited December 2016
    I'm going to try that. Thanks for the info.
    MomTeresa
  • WarameWarame
    edited December 2016
    Confirmed.
    Gotta kill the boss and leave the map with less than 1000 hp. Thanks YinYang16.
  • TheTranManTheTranMan
    Reactions: 410
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Deathmobs
    Deathmobs said:

What do you get for doing this? My character auto-heals so trying to get them below 1,000 and killing the boss in the same instant is like near impossible. This whole event was so poorly planned, such a disappointment. :(
    Make sure Inverno spawns some monsters before you kill it. Then take damage from them until under 1k HP then leave. That still counts as the achievement and you get 4 slot EQP expansion.

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Deathmobs
    Deathmobs said:

What do you get for doing this? My character auto-heals so trying to get them below 1,000 and killing the boss in the same instant is like near impossible. This whole event was so poorly planned, such a disappointment. :(
    TheTranMan

Deathmobs
    Deathmobs said:

Make sure Inverno spawns some monsters before you kill it. Then take damage from them until under 1k HP then leave. That still counts as the achievement and you get 4 slot EQP expansion.

Kinda late, but you could have also used the crossbows on the side for damage.
    Also, other than the bad invasion times and almost nearly impossible to stop invasion (6 maps + 30 some barriers in 30 not possible even with like ~20 high lvl ppl), what was poor about the event? Got every achievement other than the stop the onslaught ones.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Deathmobs
    Deathmobs said:

YinYangX
    YinYangX said:

Kinda late, but you could have also used the crossbows on the side for damage.
    Also, other than the bad invasion times and almost nearly impossible to stop invasion (6 maps + 30 some barriers in 30 not possible even with like ~20 high lvl ppl), what was poor about the event? Got every achievement other than the stop the onslaught ones.
    Again, no, the only way was to jump straight into the monster spawns but even then you only had a split second chance, but since the game needs longer than that split second to register that you're below 1,000 HP it was simply outright impossible. It also didn't help that they made the boss so it could destroy experience, meaning every time you tried and died you wound up losing an exp charm in the process.

And no, you most certainly did NOT 'get every achievement' if you didn't get the onslaught ones. If you didn't get those, which NOBODY did, then you wouldn't have even been able to fully complete the main rewards. That's not "every achievement' unless maybe you're from the participation trophy generation where simply showing up with shoes and a shirt on counts as "winning".

The event was VERY poorly planned.
    Okay, mb that I wrote "every achievement other than the stop the onslaught ones" instead of "every achievement other than the ones that had any relation to the stop the onslaught ones". Thought you would have enough common sense to figure that out, my mistake. No need to lose your cool over it.

Other than the impossible/hard to stop onslaught, you have yet to say why this event was soooooooooo poorly event. Imo, compared to some of the other bugged events, it wasn't as terrible as you're freaking out about.