[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

BIS equipment for non-reboot

ACEisdaACEisda
Reactions: 310
edited December 2016 in General Chat
Is there an updated guide/breakdown of BIS for non-reboot servers? Googling brings up everything for reboot but nothing up to date for any other servers. Which is really frustrating if we don't want to meso-grind but have no idea which equipment is worth investing in.

Looking for something similar to this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/5dvh47/reboot_bis_changes_after_5th_job_patch/

Thanks.

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2016
    the BIS is basically the same, only minor changes would be the 2nd, 3rd and 4th ring, and add the heart and android slots. the BIS for those slots would be Reinforced gollux, Forest guardian, Mag/Hilla Rage, Outlaw heart, Battleroid.
    ACEisda
  • ACEisdaACEisda
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2016
    Catooolooo

the BIS is basically the same, only minor changes would be the 2nd, 3rd and 4th ring, and add the heart and android slots. the BIS for those slots would be Reinforced gollux, Forest guardian, Mag/Hilla Rage, Outlaw heart, Battleroid.
    WOW. See this is exactly what I am talking about. I haven't even heard of any of those items except for reinforced gollux. At least now I can google SOME terms. Thanks for that. If you have any other comments regarding upgrade path that would be great. If you could expand just a little bit on what those items you mentioned are/where you get them, I would be even more grateful.

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2016
    ACEisda
    ACEisda said:

WOW. See this is exactly what I am talking about. I haven't even heard of any of those items except for reinforced gollux. At least now I can google SOME terms. Thanks for that. If you have any other comments regarding upgrade path that would be great. If you could expand just a little bit on what those items you mentioned are/where you get them, I would be even more grateful.

the rings (Magnus Rage / Hilla Rage, Forest guardian) come from Gacha or marvel, the Battleroid and Outlaw heart comes from either Philo books or Marvel, or you can buy them from other players for hefty prices.

for the outlaw heart to be the best you have to Prime scroll it.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited December 2016
    Well, actually I have best equipments ever on Hero, besides Shoulder cuz idc. I don't have any transposed tyrant. I also have Fairy Heart.

I luckily got Bounty Legend set from Bounty Hunter event between Kritias and Princess No contents, moments they came out i mean, in this time. Got it on my main Hero, Shade submain and a MM.

My current Hero equips and set effects (Note I don't count Arcane set):

Totems: 3x Dark Doom Totem, one of them with 4 STR 2 w.att above average

Rings: Superior Gollux Ring, Reinforced Gollux Ring, Scarlet Ring and Bounty Legend Ring

Pocket Item: Model Student Pencil (ik there are better ones, but no luck with RNG)

Pendants: 2x Superior Engraved Gollux Pendants

Weapon: Fafnir 1h Sword (1h axe would be better for a Hero)

Belt: Tyrant

Hat: RA

Face: SW Tattoo

Eye: Bounty Legend Sunglasses

Top: RA

Bottom: RA

Shoes: Tyrant

Earrings: Superior Gollux Earrings

Shoulder: Krexel Pauldron (Currently, Absolab is better or if lucky (pay2win), Black tinkerer shoulder)

Gloves: Tyrant, SW is a good alternative as well OR, for unfunded players or unlucky, High Quality Dimension Gloves)

Emblem: Lv100 of your class

Badge: Ghostship Exorcist Badge

Medal: Beater (or if you missed SAO event for Black Swordman medal, quests from revamped Masteria, storyline, give you a 15 all stats 8 att medal and a NPC android !)

Secondary Weapon: For my case, as Hero, Terminus Defender (Lv160 shield), VIP Warrior Shield. For DB, it's SW Katara, Haku Fan would be Absolab, then SW and other classes, Princess No.

Cape: Tyrant

Heart: Fairy Heart

Set effects I currently use on my Hero:

- Lv150 Bounty Legend Set (3 out of 4): Scarlet Ring (cuz this set has a higher ID than Superior Gollux and same level). Thats the main reason of why I got this set on my Hero AND Shade. (+13 att and +10% damage. Having an additional piece would give me 9 additional ATT and +15% boss, but I dont want break Gollux set UNLESS we get a return of Bounty Hunter and would equip multiple Bounty Legend Ring to replace Reinforced.

-Lv150 Superior Gollux (full set): 2x pendants, Ring and Earrings

-Lv150 Root Abyss Set (full set): Weapon, top/bottom and hat

-Lv150 Tyrant (it's not a set): Cape, Boots, Belt and Gloves

My shade has same equips except I dont have tyrant belt yet, and dont plan to buy 2nd pendant slot yet, even if i worked on 2nd pendant. I got gold doom totems and crap medal.
    Here is my imgur album link uploaded on pre-5th job patch, just before the Blackfriday week:

imgur.com/gallery/K8K5v