[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

DMT should be changed to DCT = Double Crash Time..

Comments

• ShiroiSenkouShiroiSenkou
    Reactions: 580
    edited December 2016
    They should seriously consider separating the reboot DMT time slot from the pay to win worlds. There is no reason for us suffer because everyone in reboot wants to cube.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    Our other comments from other topics being deleted/relocated/funneled in this this one, or was that just mine? Fascinating approach to damage control, fellas. Bravo.

It goes without saying they should compensate us for this mess. A lot of people are quite dismayed over it for multiple reasons. As for me, I'm becoming rather numb to these issues and just expect them to happen now. I know a lot of people in MS who are also like that now and it's just sad. I just rather ignored the event, made the best of it and enjoyed the 2x training, briefly experiencing it, remembering what it used to be like before the lag hit.

Special thanks to Invulgo for working to get the word out about this. We need to be heard on this one.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    "
    Booberpuppy

On the plus side, training in 2x has never been more blissful and lag-free!
    "
    Omg yes, the enemies were ACTUALLY DYING when I hit them, I was so amazed. I still crashed every 15ish minutes though. And near the end, the lag picked up again...

Miracle time was also a pain in the butt. Constantly DCing throughout the hour trying to get cubes. At least the shop actually loaded for me lol.

"
    Invulgo
    Invulgo said:

Quoting is broken for me.
    "

Quoting's broken for everyone. All html parsing thingummywuts seem to be off actually. Preeeetty annoying.

• BrendiruBrendiru
    Reactions: 530
    edited December 2016
    I never had a problem logging in from Hungary. But during DMT, I could not log in for the entire hour. The reward points are still showing "0", so I cannot buy a single cube with RPs. As soon as DMT ended, I could play no problem. I hope we get another scheduled event, when it's not 2x.
  • KnofbathKnofbath
    Reactions: 740
    edited December 2016
    The biggest problem on Reboot was that the BIG/HUGE/MASSIVE CUBE SALE(20-25% discount) started at the same time as DMT.

So literally the entire server rushed into the CS and crashed it, then we crashed the login server trying to get back in-game. Then 40 mins later we finally manage to get back in, and maybe buy a few cubes at a rate of 1 per 30 seconds before DMT ends.

The smart way to do it would be to have the sale start on the 23rd, and DMT on the 24th. That way everyone can calmly buy their cubes before DMT starts.

This is what Reboot looked like at 12:50am PST during the middle of DMT:
    http://i.imgur.com/5PNL79t.png
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited December 2016
    I typically am exempt from most server lag, dc's and connection issues, but I can't get onto the game either. I've been trying for around an hour now, to try to boss with a friend, but when one of us manages to get on, the other crashes.

I'm honestly not even mad about this, I'd just like to play and enjoy bossing with some friends.

The best compensation that you guys at nexon can give, is getting the servers back up.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Invulgo
    Invulgo said:

: "The servers are set to run DMT at the time they scheduled it. If it was to be active longer they would have to set that up in advance, and not extend it at the last minute. "
    Of course.
    But why did they schedule it that way to begin with?

It didn't take much clairvoyance to know what was going to happen. As soon as the schedule was posted, people were predicting Double Miracle 2x Lag & Crash. There were countless threads here and on the subreddit pointing it out.
    Cash Shop *always* lags during Double Miracle Time, especially when the cubes go on sale at the same instant DMT starts. Why couldn't they have started the cube sale earlier? Like, oh, I don't know, maybe midnight UTC? Since, you know, they insist the servers must remain on UTC because it somehow makes things easier to schedule for a global playerbase...
    And the servers, especially Reboot, have been lagging every 2x event for a month, so just how surprising was it that they'd lag today, too?

Seems to me that the people at Nexon who schedule this stuff are only looking at their target Concurrent User Count. They don't give a flying fig about player experience. In fact, they might even be happy if we can't take advantage of DMT (both because it's on Christmas and because of the lag and disconnect): this way they can claim they gave us what we wanted while at the same time not losing income from people having to buy cubes at the regular price and use them at the regular rank-up rates. Or so it seems from where I'm looking.
    Booberpuppy
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    The funny part was when I was training instead, waiting for a few minutes before attempting the cash shop, like I said I would (to no avail) and had zero lag 2x training for the first time in a month. Also, it was not so funny though, realizing why it was happening that way.

I only just now got in to the CS which was lag-free, about an hour out of the 2x training end time. It was busted broken for me with complete disconnects happening at every attempt, right up 'till about 5 minutes ago. Loaded my NX crates full of cubes, ready for round 2, where I won't have to enter the nightmare. Not every one has this kind of time on their hands, though
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited December 2016
    ARLONG NO HAPPY
    POUTY FACE :(
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited December 2016
    @Akradian

"But why did they schedule it that way to begin with?"

I assume that things like that need to be approved a long time in advance, even if we have had known stability issues and player feedback about that for a while now. I bet there is a reason that DMT runs for the hours they do, I don't remember them ever being extended. Perhaps? However I do remember this one time we had issues with Double Miracle Time in the past. We then got DMT again the weekend after. If my memory is correct we got 2 red cubes as compensation.

I do agree that the sales should be available at a more convenient time, allow us to prepare at different times. And absolutely not run 2x at the same time when we have known stability issues. Just to be more clear the stability issues were not known this morning, they are now however.

Lets hope the servers are more stable for next DMT later today.

• ZexikaZexika
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016
    I think its time for Maplestory to look for other publisher just like Dragon Nest did... Nexon america is for sure one of the worst if not the worst game publisher i have ever seen in my life...
  • LairLair
    Reactions: 1,225
    edited December 2016
    They could at least seperate 2x time from DMT.... it's obvious there will be server crashes ;/
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    I wonder if they will ever remove the pointless chat notifications... it just causes more lag
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited December 2016
    Quick DMT log.

Okay doing some fast DMT among family, yay for laptops.

However the Marvel Machine White Cube Coupon (5) doesn't work. I Knew it's bugged though. Doesn't hurt to try!

World: Luna

No lag or crash yet, using a somewhat okay laptop.

• ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    It took an entire 5 minutes for me to take a cube out of the cash shop in reboot. And that's just ONE cube.
  • JannaJanna
    Reactions: 640
    edited December 2016
    ふかせ
    ふかせ said:

"It took an entire 5 minutes for me to take a cube out of the cash shop in reboot. And that's just ONE cube."
    I bought cubes in advance but used them up, and from then on it took me literally 50 minutes--until 5:50PM EST--to even be able to buy one cube. Then I couldn't even take it out of the CS. Haha. ;_;
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited December 2016
    I didn't get any problem when I went to the DMT at 2pm PST (5pm EST), but the results deceive me. I usually get 3-4 tier up with 60-70k worth of NX. This time, I had 66 red cubes total ( 6x 11 cubes), I got two tier up to legend for %drop .... one after 12 cubes, then next legendary, took me 35-40 red cubes before I could receive another blessing .... A couple of ppl in BL or guild got bad luck with tier up, like if it was nerfed o-0 There was one moment, maybe 1-2 min in arow without any blessing announcement which was very strange.