[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I need your help guys :)

MeikosMeikos
Reactions: 630
edited December 2016 in General Chat
Hey Maplers.
I am play maple story for long time ago like 11-12 years since the beta.
New there is 5th job and alot of jobs with diffrent skills and gamestyle, and i cant even choose a main.
I want you guys try to help me with your personal experience and your knowledge in the game.
If you guys can share your pros and cons of the class you choose it will be great :)
So there is what i looking for in my main
First i am playing in reboot have all links and character cards
1. Mobbing i need a decent training skill for Tot Sh Hoh and all new maps
2.Great bossing i play i reboot and bossing is huge part of this server and this game.
3.Attack speed and good Hitbox i want fast attacker with 6-max lines/ very fast attack with low lines and op damage
4.Def There is the best part on my char all the jobs like NL with low def is not for me hate to burn my pots on stupid mobs
5.Critical Rate&Dmg Decent Critical rate and dmg cause its still important part on this game
I am attaching poll so if i miss job or you have job that you want to advice me ill be happy to hear your opinion about your choice
you can choose job that not in the poll ill like to hear about somthing new that i didnt think about him.

Hope you answering me soon :)
  1. Vote and make me smile :)7 votes
    1. Demon Slayer
       43% (3 votes)
    2. Demon Avanger
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Dawn warrior
       0% (0 votes)
    4. Wind Archer
       14% (1 vote)
    5. Thunder Breaker
       14% (1 vote)
    6. Cannoneer
       0% (0 votes)
    7. Buccaneer
       0% (0 votes)
    8. Kaiser
       0% (0 votes)
    9. Shade
       0% (0 votes)
    10. Mercedes
       0% (0 votes)
    11. Write your choice if i not write her here
       29% (2 votes)

Comments

• fraddfradd
    Reactions: 500
    edited December 2016
    I have played every class you listed in your poll up to 120+, besides TB, Kaiser, and Shade.

1. Every class in the game has a decent mobbing skill, besides maybe Night Walker (? not sure--I've never played one). Other than that...yeah, all pretty decent. As for EXCEPTIONAL mobbers, including mobility? Well, from your list: Demon Slayer, Thunder Breaker, Mercedes are all above average I'd say. Demon Slayer because of multitude of skills, mobility, and large AoE skills. Thunder Breaker and Mercs because mobility and being able to round up mobs and combo and that sorta ****.

2. Demon Slayer because they have pretty good damage and bossing skills I guess. Demon Avenger because of surviability and highish damage. Kaiser I guess, they were known for bossing for a long time, I'm not sure now but if they're good for anything it's bossing.

3. Um, Wind Archer has their version of Hurricane. Dawn Warriors have a shitload of lines but attack is awkward if you have any latency. Mercedes also has Hurricane skill. Kaiser has very fast sword attack with lots of lines (can't tell if you want lots of lines or not...but I assume you want a lot because lines are good).

4. Yeah this is especially a problem in Reboot. Demon Slayer would work because decent defense, HP drain. Demon Avenger because HIGH HP and suvivability and stuff. Bowmen suck at surviving, and pirates aren't necessarily good at it either.

5. Yeah the bowmen have high critical rates, I know Demon Slayer has pretty good crit too, and maybe Demon Avenger. Not sure about the others.

Overall I think you should go with Demon Slayer.
  • MasumuneZMasumuneZ
    Reactions: 540
    edited December 2016
    Hayato ticks all those boxes,

1.By 5th job has 2 huge AoE mobbing skills and can hit 15+ monsters up with 12? maybe 13 lines with hitokiri strike. You have so many different combinations of skills you can use to clean out mobs it doesn't get boring quickly :)
    2.Has one of highest DPS with Shinsoku which is 330% dmg
    3.Shinsoku again one of fastest attacks
    4.Your damage actually scales off of your defence with Shimada heart passive skill. Your damage is actually determined by your min/max crit dmg. Hayatos katana mastery is 95% overall but there is a visual bug with shimada heart which displays the min/max range gap of hayatos wrong, it's actually just a small difference but nexon confirmed the actual damage has been fixed just the visual bug remains. A class that has high def and actually benefits from %DEF lines on Pot aswell as %STR lines.
    5. With Quick draw stance + Hitokiri hyper skill level 177 cooldown cutter, making it instant cooldown, you gain 100% Crit chance everytime you use hitokiri strike for 30 seconds. Which combined with Shinsoku brings huge dmg lines.
    Mrjovoni