[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Guys a moment of your time ~~~>

GamesdayGamesday
Reactions: 870
edited December 2016 in General Chat
Hello fellow maplers, I had hoped you all would be more than happy in these glorious days of Maple Story events that keep coming every day. Let's be honest among each other, Nexon does not care at least right now about its player base.

Let me add some context before you all think this is just another anger infused post.

Since the arrival of Pre-V update (11/30/16 ) we players have been experiencing lag day after day, event after event, I personally cant play my phantom be it peak hours or at low population I just disconnect after 15 seconds of attacking monsters. I had a long discussion with a GM who told me time and time again that I can't be helped, even thou I bought 2 pets a water of life at least 2 sets of clothing 1 effect and several other goodies like pet accessories. So id say about 60 dollars worth is sitting on my phantom as I speak, even with all this the GM literally told me and this is directly from the GM, "we just aren't able to provide any compensation for specific single player cases such as your request", this literally means that if there isn't enough people complaining that I'm just not worth the time and effort to assist. So if you get that one item destroying bug and it just happens to be you....... well according to this gm you are on your own. That to me is such a horrible business practice on so many levels, its like they want to lose players due to poor customer service. The GM went on to waste my time by running all kinds of troubleshoots that I knew were not going to work ( I live with 2 very intelligent roommates who are lead web developers ) but I went with it either way, and oh look!, they didn't work......."Were sorry we are just going to have to wait for this issue to be resolved via the developers". Meanwhile my items just rot and continue to count down on the timers, no compensation no resolve no individual care to the customer no sense in wanting your customers happy, I really felt they were legitimately making me feel so bad that I would stop investing in their game......if their only solution to the lag and disconnections is to make your player base dwindle down by making them feel so unwelcomed that eventually they will leave, they are doing a fabulous job ill tell you that.

We are all aware that Nexon is aware of these issues, yet this does not stop them in any way to continue events that keep the game at unplayable levels, and continue to tell us that we will not be compensated for the losses. No playable events No compensations I don't know what else to say that can make Nexon look worst than it itself does flawlessly.

Also I'm convinced that Nexon hates Reboot, the truth is in the evidence : Events that aren't pay to win ( Zero character creation ) / Not adding servers even thou Reboot is the most popular server, they keep like 10+ servers open that are half to below half in population yet hesitate to add a single additional Reboot server. And it makes perfect sense not to add more Reboot servers......... Reboot is a server where pay to win methods are not allowed, you work for your gear you work for your meso, many or should I say most of the player base new and old that has set root in Reboot love that. But what does that mean for Nexon's wallet?, that means less income, why add more servers to a concept that earns them less income than a pay to win server that in its hayday made them extraordinary amounts of money.

In closing, my theory due to my personal experience, is that Nexon is continuously executing a plan, which makes the player hate Reboot so much due to its unplayable server, that eventually the population will dwindle down and pour over into the pay to win servers to again regain that income it once had. Now some people say that its just as bad in the pay to win servers I have not tested this myself, but the people mentioning this are a handful at best, either way I as a customer, feel really unwanted and disappointed in the level of customer service and business practice conducted by Nexon.

PS: I love Maples Story,
I dislike Nexon.

MomTeresaMidnightFox

Comments

• forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited December 2016
    Yup, they do not care. Here is a similar thread in which a fix has been suggested yet again but Nexon will probably ignore, yet again( http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/9318/dear-nexon-please-read#latest ).
  • ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited December 2016
    "We are already aware of the issue"

Why is Nexon re-creating issues that they are already aware of?
    These events are putting majority of the people onto the servers at a certain time of period that causes stress to the servers.
    Nexon is literally giving their own servers stress.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2016
    @forumsareannoying

Your past four comments have been spamming this single link. You're allowed to be angry, but please do not spam.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016
    That link doesn't even explain anything. All it really shows is people are much more vocal about negatives than they are about positives, and this is in no way exclusive to Nexon or their games.

PEOPLE COMPLAIN LOUDLY WHEN THINGS BREAK, REMAIN QUIETLY CONTENT WHEN THINGS WORK AS INTENDED

MORE AT 11
  • GamesdayGamesday
    edited December 2016
    Love Maple Story I just think Nexon is handling it poorly at least in this important moment where its trying to lure its old players and new by the V update.
    edited December 2016
    @Neospecter
    Forgive me for being one of the few forumers who still care enough to voice my opinion and be somewhat active on the forums.

@Aggraphine
    Sure it does. It explains that Nexon does not care for about customer support. Also, it seems that people have given up Nexon. I find it hard to believe that there are so many people in-game but not in the forums. I know it's the holidays, and the ratio from in-game:forums has always been very different, most of the people I asked why they dont post on the forums simply said they don't want to waste their time since Nexon doesn't listen.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016
    It doesn't really prove anything when people will screech to the heavens and back when they feel wronged, but keep quiet when they're treated well.

I just went and looked at the site. It gives ratings to businesses entirely based on user feedback and seems, at a glance, to be one of those sites no one ever troubles themselves with looking for unless they're feeling particularly salty and spiteful, and want all the world to know their opinions(presented as fact, of course) on one single company.

All the screenshot from reddit tells me is that 38 people, out of however many actually play the game, felt salty enough to go and try to drag Nexon through the mud. Which leads us back to my first point, people are much more willing to bring attention to a poor experience than they are a good experience.

And let's look back at that 38, shall we? Let's just assume that 500,000 people play this game. That would mean that for every one negative experience someone had(or perceived, because they didn't get the result they wanted) there are roughly 13,200 instances of either a positive experience or simply having no need as of yet to HAVE an experience.

TL;DR: stop parading around that reddit link like it's the be-all-end-all of the argument of whether Nexon is a horrible company or not. It's biased toward people who feel negatively enough about the company that they'll go out of their way to trash them, and skewed in that 38 is not a significant amount in any regard.
    edited December 2016
    @Aggraphine
    I can do what I want though o.o Idk why I get the feeling that you're defending the way Nexon treats their player base. If people don't feel that Nexon does a good enough job to leave a positive comment, but feel compelled to leave a negative comment when they're displeased, that is their right. If you care so much about people dragging Nexon through the mud, you should go on every post and just prevent people from complaining, especially since most of the forums nowadays are negative. Also, why don't you ask Nexon to release their own statistics on the surveys they implemented many months ago when we close the game?
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    Aggraphine

: "PEOPLE COMPLAIN LOUDLY WHEN THINGS BREAK, REMAIN QUIETLY CONTENT WHEN THINGS WORK AS INTENDED

MORE AT 11"
    So true! On the contrary, gotta give a shout out to Nexon for snapping to it with the green alliance text spam issue. That was very disruptive.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Aggraphine

: "That link doesn't even explain anything. All it really shows is people are much more vocal about negatives than they are about positives, and this is in no way exclusive to Nexon or their games.

PEOPLE COMPLAIN LOUDLY WHEN THINGS BREAK, REMAIN QUIETLY CONTENT WHEN THINGS WORK AS INTENDED

MORE AT 11"
    Yes, but you have to remember that that is true for all 800+ companies "rated" on that site. They were all rated primarily by angry customers - and yet Nexon manages to make its customers the angriest.

I do agree with you that this site seems completely unimportant.

However, there is no argument that MapleStory's customer support shows some absolutely mind-boggling obtuseness at times.

The latest example being the person who complained about their 4% DEX [A] nebulite turning to 2% once installed - and being told pretty much that "we can't confirm you ever had the item and anyway it's working as intended." Similar examples pop up all the time on here and on the subreddit. And of course we have the famous false bans that got stonewalled until KThxBaiNao told CS "look at this again, please" and new evidence somehow surfaced.
    I have no idea what fraction these failures are of all tickets opened. Maybe most tickets are the sort that CS agents have specific procedures for solving (e.g., "I lost access to my email" or "my character is stuck in an old map") so they get proper service. Maybe it's only some CS agents who haven't the slightest clue or any desire to do anything but brush customers off. But the fact that we get a steady supply of these examples of incompetence/laziness is enough to raise a red flag.
    IvangoldBooberpuppy
  • GamesdayGamesday
    edited December 2016
    Aggraphine

"people are much more willing to bring attention to a poor experience than they are a good experience".
    Sorry friend but that is false...
    More people tell friends and post in facebook / thumbs up / and share their great experiences with friends than bad experiences, the only difference here is that the good experiences are seen way more while the bad experiences are kept behind closed doors inside GM discussions with one on one players, and or forums.
    edited December 2016
    Gamesday
    Gamesday said:

Aggraphine

"people are much more willing to bring attention to a poor experience than they are a good experience".
    Sorry friend but that is false...
    More people tell friends and post in facebook / thumbs up / and share their great experiences with friends than bad experiences, the only difference here is that the good experiences are seen way more while the bad experiences are kept behind closed doors inside GM discussions with one on one players, and or forums.

Gamesday, what you're talking about is socializing among friends + followers. We're not "friends" with Nexon. They provide a gaming service and we consume it, its very different.

*also this broken quoting issue is annoying*
  • MidnightFoxMidnightFox
    Reactions: 410
    edited December 2016
    honestly why would you bother spending money on something that doesn't earn you as much money? it's simple business.

if reboot cuts into their profits why should they bother upgrading it to a half-usable state?

Guess I'm just cynical.

Oh,hope I don't hurt any nexon employee's feelings with this post!
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited December 2016
    @MidnightFox

Even if Reboot is a profit to Nexon, still why would they bother upgrading if they can just dodge the entire community with lackluster comments such as in live chat "it must be on your end causing latency issues".

They're probably "working on it" like how they did for the recent Anniversary Maple's Eleven, they let it pass by for all the events to vanish hoping that latency issues will go down after, and it worked.

I'll say it again, V Patch has been a disaster ever since it's initial release. I'm not surprised, just disappointed.
    edited December 2016
    Nexon simply does not care. I hate how they act like they do, I hate how the it's the Volunteer's duty to make sure the forums don't get out of control with hate and spam but it is the way it is because it's how nexon wants it. And we're all just here because we either like the game too much, are too committed, or too invested.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    Its2Sharp4U

: "I'm not surprised, just disappointed."
    That's exactly how I feel about all of this V crap. Nexon America was very ill-prepared, that is, not even close to ready for even half of what they dumped in to the game with this new update. Too much, too soon, I suppose. Seems they can't keep up with the pace that needs to be set for all this new content pouring in.

I've just come to expect certain behaviors from Nexon's past patterns. I've said it before, history repeats itself with this company. I just try to enjoy what's left to enjoy, but it's difficult to do that when you have so many thorns in your side whilst playing. I do appreciate the few things they do that are positive changes, but I believe their prioritization is way out of whack when it comes to what they actually get done.

I guess time will tell, but I'll likely taper off soon and go on hiatus again for another however many weeks or months, then check back in with the false sense of hope that they actually got their **** together for reals by the next big update.

I think we all can see the insane potential for this game to be an absolute market-dominating force, if only they would just pull out the stops, listen to people and respond accordingly with care and genuine concern, and become a real MMO giant that serves us player's needs instead of the rather apathetic empty profit-generating shell Nexon America has seemingly become. I know, I know. All easier said than done, right.

By and large, most people are NOT happy with what Nexon has done with this game. That is evident in-game and out. We all wish for better service. But like my mama always use to tell me, "if wishes were horses, beggars would ride".
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    MapleStory is a great game, but the customer support is mediocre at best. I've been waiting 6-8 weeks on a ticket and my problem is still unresolved as well as my other tickets.
    edited December 2016
    @Sorrow

"Mediocre at best" is still giving them too much credit. Especially if you're still waiting on a fix to a problem that you reported 6-8 weeks ago.
  • xRenZiiexRenZiie
    Reactions: 675
    edited December 2016

here's something to cheer you guys up