[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I'd like to suggest fixing the hacker problem.

YuuzenYuuzen
Reactions: 905
edited December 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
They are prominent in many places... (this just being one spot)...
https://postimg.org/image/4wsajkclz/

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2016
    You can't report them here...but I mean...tons of possible solutions have been suggested :T
  • YuuzenYuuzen
    edited December 2016
    I'm not reporting anyone, specifically... I'm *suggesting* the problem be dealt with by Nexon. It would be nice if other members of the community could speak up, instead of cowering and just living with the problem.

Believe me,. I've reported frequently. Being a solo voice gets nothing done...

I'm not complaining about a beef I have with some frivolous change to my player, traits or UI... hacking is systemic to all of Maple and needs to be dealt with.

If you wish to excuse it (hacking) as Nexon does, so be it. I refuse and will keep posting about it. It is BS and a slap in the face to those who play the game honestly.
    Tuba
  • AnimeWatcherAnimeWatcher
    Reactions: 830
    edited December 2016
    It would be nice if they had someone online at all times like some other MMOS.
    So when you report someone with in 10 min or so, they could investigate that person.
    As well they should always have one GM online in each world to maintain get rid of these hackers.
    The free market is dead for these hackers there is not reason to merch anymore.
    there are to may clean slates in free market all the boss item drops are cheap makes it pointless to even buy them.
    Red flag one person had 700 clean slate scrolls in the shop? really?!
    takes like 50 days for that but this person has 700 every day with new stock with a name thats just random letters.
    keeping at this the game will die in about 2 years may be less if they don't do something.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited December 2016
    @Yuuzen

If only it were that easy to just "suggest" things and have Nexon actually care. They are well aware of hackers being very common in many different places. Many awesome and efficient suggestions have been made in the past, such as making the process of creating new accounts MUCH harder than it already is so that hackers can't always come back so easily when they get banned. Sadly, it just seems like Nexon likes having hackers around to stimulate the economy. If you haven't noticed, a lot of the items that many players use on a daily basis( epic potential, clean slate, innocence, protection scrolls, golden hammers, etc) are amassed in HUGE quantities by hackers and sold at a somewhat cheap price in the FM. Can you imagine how expensive those items will be if there were even 50% less hackers? Casual players will be even more discouraged to want to upgrade their items since Maplestory has become a "pay2win" kind of game. And Nexon will lose many players/potential customers.

Anyways, that's just my theory on it all. Even though it makes sense, Idk what Nexon knows.
    AnimeWatcher
  • YuuzenYuuzen
    edited December 2016
    DeeMon
    DeeMon said:

I've been wanting to hunt for a Reindeer familiar from Reindeer at Mu Lung, but every single map and channel with this mob has a damn hacker in it. Xmas was ruined, dood.
    I made a post about this (hacking) in the 'Rant and Raves' forum. Only to have the images of the hackers removed (to protect them?) by the poor moderator, bound to uphold Nexon and rules that don't exist (at least not shown or revealed after asking) ...
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/7111/why-fixing-the-servers-isn-t-the-problem#latest
    AnimeWatcher
  • YuuzenYuuzen
    edited December 2016
    forumsareannoying

@Yuuzen

If only it were that easy to just "suggest" things and have Nexon actually care. They are well aware of hackers being very common in many different places. Many awesome and efficient suggestions have been made in the past, such as making the process of creating new accounts MUCH harder than it already is so that hackers can't always come back so easily when they get banned. Sadly, it just seems like Nexon likes having hackers around to stimulate the economy. If you haven't noticed, a lot of the items that many players use on a daily basis( epic potential, clean slate, innocence, protection scrolls, golden hammers, etc) are amassed in HUGE quantities by hackers and sold at a somewhat cheap price in the FM. Can you imagine how expensive those items will be if there were even 50% less hackers? Casual players will be even more discouraged to want to upgrade their items since Maplestory has become a "pay2win" kind of game. And Nexon will lose many players/potential customers.

Anyways, that's just my theory on it all. Even though it makes sense, Idk what Nexon knows.
    I do not disagree with you, to a point.

As a casual player for nearly 10 years... I've not bought anything from the Free Market since the Big Bang update. .

There is no 'win' endgame.... I just like being able to explore. If I can't complete a quest or, hackers are crashing the game...aside from me, NO ONE trying to do the same gets to enjoy the game, despite how they decide to play.

If you don't get to enjoy the game because it crashes on loadup, rooms you visit are occupied by hackers or, the hackers make the game unplayable via lag/crashing... guess what... as a new player. (or even seasoned,,,.)..you quit!

AnimeWatcher
  • YuuzenYuuzen
    edited December 2016
    Another room, Mu lung, Mardia (as probably other 'worlds').. more hacking I suggest be taken care of.

http://s28.postimg.org/tbjk657t9/Image11.jpg
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited December 2016
    The sad thing is, Nexon is already aware of all of this. They simply choose not to do anything about it.
  • AnimeWatcherAnimeWatcher
    Reactions: 830
    edited December 2016
    Gms are myths? there is nothing being done..... if anything put all worlds in one with 40 channels so they can't just over populate the everything and then hackers will fight other hackers for maps! hahahaaaaaaaaa
  • YuuzenYuuzen
    edited December 2016
    Dear Diary,
    Day whatever... still no sign of change despite reporting. This seems a fruitless endeavor for one single person to do but, yet, I will persist...
    Just like the Jett story quest in game... this sucks to do but yet, I carry hope it gets better....

https://s29.postimg.org/o0a67509j/Image2.jpg
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited December 2016
    Well I don't know what the players of KMS think of their security system thing but from what I heard hackers in KMS are pretty scarce. I wish GMS wasn't so crappy in every aspect of the game. GMS can't even manage their own forums it's sad.
  • KariArisuKariArisu
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited December 2016
    KMS requires a Korean Social Security Number to register an account. An account ban there basically means you can't play anymore, without stealing someone's KSSN which is basically identity theft (and is pretty common, but still).
    This dissuades hacking by quite a bit. On GMS, you can literally register hundreds of accounts with one gmail and the dot trick, and they're all disposable. Many hackers run upwards of 10-20 accounts at once, all hacking/botting with full-map damage and teleporting pets. Eventually they have lvl 200+ characters with tons of mesos, and they can sell those to the highest bidder -- or keep the account for themselves to farm expensive items to sell for real money. Most of the extreme botting is all about Real Money Trading.

Removing hackers is a never-ending game of whack-a-mole that Nexon has given up on years ago. Everyone is truly wasting their time trying to get anything done about it.
  • YuuzenYuuzen
    edited December 2016
    I'd agree with that except for the fact 'in game moderators' could be employed

Aside from that... hackers are not even hiding.

The problem is a matter of laziness.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2016
    Yuuzen
    Yuuzen said:

I'd agree with that except for the fact 'in game moderators' could be employed

Aside from that... hackers are not even hiding.

The problem is a matter of laziness.
    I would work with an actual resume...C'mon Nexon...I want a job :C -continues to wish I could be CM-
  • YuuzenYuuzen
    edited December 2016
    Petalmagic

I would work with an actual resume...C'mon Nexon...I want a job :C -continues to wish I could be CM-
    I'd gladly work to be an in game moderator, for free. I've been a moderator to a message board before and ran my own website in the past. I''ve
    been a player of Maple for nearly 10 years... thus my passion to fix the hacking problem that gets worse every year/"upgrade"

The problem is, the hacker issue wants to be hidden, not fixed.There is the positive of a fake player base occupying rooms inflating game player numbers.

I may not be able to be daily active but, I'll damm well continue my gripe until I'm heard or, enough join in being tired of the hacker problem to
    make the complaint loud enough for Nexon to know the player base, the life of Maple surviving, is tired of being ignored.