[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Gold Farmers Spam

MaraBellaMaraBella
Reactions: 845
edited December 2016 in Rants and Raves
I freaking hate them. They always spamming the chat in Market Place!
I don't understand why Nexon doesn't censor certain chat messages(like gold farmers website addresses) or add in a spam filter. Its impossible to block them because block one, another will pop up. There was even a time they would spam your whispers.

Theory: Nexon is in deep with the farmers.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2016
    There are several gold farming sites in the censor.

It's fairly easy to bypass the censor (I.E. adding spaces, periods, or other symbols), though, and many players are asking for a less restrictive word censor. The bot sites simply find a way around. I've actually seen the particular site change several times myself.
  • YuuzenYuuzen
    Reactions: 905
    edited December 2016
    Neospector

There are several gold farming sites in the censor.

It's fairly easy to bypass the censor (I.E. adding spaces, periods, or other symbols), though, and many players are asking for a less restrictive word censor. The bot sites simply find a way around. I've actually seen the particular site change several times myself.
    Maybe a real person, in game moderator, would help be a solution to ridding the game of hackers as opposed to relying on some stupid filter or algorithm

MaraBella
  • adgnadgn
    Reactions: 1,395
    edited December 2016
    Why would they block them? Meso site bots are like Nexon customer support. They're based off the same principal. Leave your bot to spam and users can decide what they want to do.
    JettLuvsUQilby