[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Skills from the old days

Xenon92Xenon92
Reactions: 2,125
edited December 2016 in General Chat
Name some skills you miss that were removed.

Mine is the original Quad Throw, Vampire, and Savage Blow

Comments

• XionicomadXionicomad
    Reactions: 820
    edited December 2016
    Dragon Knight skills. All of them.

Hate how they completely revamped 3rd job for us. Dragon moves made us very unique, now we feel like everyone else.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Golden Eagle. He was my bro throughout third job back in the day. Was even more useful than Articuno in some cases (Jr. Newties come to mind).

Also miss Strafe, Arrow Eruption, and Blizzard lol.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Xionicomad

Hate how they completely revamped 3rd job for us. Dragon moves made us very unique, now we feel like everyone else.

I remember playing that, and I'll be honest I didn't like it one bit. It didn't feel unique anymore than it did make me feel like I was just using a modified basic attack.

Anyone remember the Cygnus Knight summons? The little balls of element that followed you around and did absolute FA? I liked those, wish they would come back.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited December 2016
    I miss arrow eruption, it was cool that bowmaster's one fall from the sky and marksman's one merged from the ground, and they were good skills that hited plataforms and behind you.

In a way we are slowly getting removed skills back, look at the bowmater's arrow rain, and the shadower dash, it's basically the old skill but SUPER, yet i guess some skills like the old dragon knight skills might not come back in DK class...., shadowers got their ''multiple ninjas'' back with the new 5job skill.
  • DiaperSweetyDiaperSweety
    Reactions: 630
    edited December 2016
    Dark avenger! You know.... the skill they now sort of bring back as a 5th job skill in the beyond update?
  • SwordofShieldsSwordofShields
    Reactions: 745
    edited December 2016
    I would trade Flash Jump on my Explorer Warriors for Slipstream back any day. It was much tighter in its control, which made evading boss attacks much easier. Sure Flash Jump makes farming mobs less painful, but Slipstream felt better on bosses and because there wasn't a lot of vertical movement on it, it was a fantastic move to fight Magnus with. I'll miss the cool extended jump with it that you could do with Jump+Slipstream input at the same time, it was fast without putting you in too much unnecessary risk.
    AKradian
  • LairLair
    Reactions: 1,225
    edited December 2016
    i miss Bishop's snail cc. It was so fun in Battle Area (PvP).

Speaking of Battle Arena, when will nexon bring it back? I feel like all the fun and good contents are removed/nerfed: CPQ (carnival pq), Battle arena, LHC, SH, HoH
  • 4EvarANubie4EvarANubie
    Reactions: 815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Man there are so many skills that have changed or been removed. But of all skills I miss, I would have to say Oz's Flame Gear.
    This was such a fun skill. All you had to do was put them everywhere and they did all the work for you. Now, only Ultimate Adventures have them. Nexon, please bring this skill back or bring back the Ultimate Adventure system.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    @4EvarANubie , you can still get Oz's Flame Gear on non-ultimate adventurer magicians, by doing the Empress' Might quest (the infamous Lunar Dews) and subsequent quests.
  • TheCAProjectTheCAProject
    Reactions: 800
    edited December 2016
    The Mechanic's seige mode and Laser Blast! Seige mode single-handedly helped me way back in the day when I reached third job to fourth job. Another skill that I really miss from the Mech would be the Satellite. That was incredibly useful. I really hope Laser Blast and the Satellite skill make a return for a future 5th job skill. One more skill that I forgot to mention would be the atomic hammer.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Xenomata
    Xenomata said:

Xionicomad

I remember playing that, and I'll be honest I didn't like it one bit. It didn't feel unique anymore than it did make me feel like I was just using a modified basic attack.

Anyone remember the Cygnus Knight summons? The little balls of element that followed you around and did absolute FA? I liked those, wish they would come back.
    Ermergerd, that was my favorite part of playing a Cygnus. Took so many ss's when I heard they were taking it out. f4 (new f5, >.>)
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited December 2016
    Sometimes I miss Twister Spin, the one where you could move.