[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

DC at specific areas of Arcane River

CatharanthusCatharanthus
Reactions: 1,115
Member, Private Tester
edited January 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type:
Disconnection

Brief bug summary:
Disconnection at all maps of Eree Valley, Skywhale Mountain, and Chu Chu Island PQ when hitting many monsters at once. Disconnection does not happen at Five-color Hill or Slurpy Forest.

More details:
Often happens suddenly while I am still in the middle of attacking a group of monsters with Mille Aiguilles, Penombre, or Joker (Luck of the Draw). It kicks me back to the log in screen immediately. The type of monster does not seem to affect the disconnect. I am fine attacking a mob of Unripe Wolfruit in Slurpy Forest, but will disconnect when attacking a mob of Unripe Wolfruit in Chu Chu Island PQ. The class I play may be relevant. A dual blade friend did not disconnect at all. Stolen skills also do not disconnect. Because Joker (Luck of the Draw) and stolen skills are fine, it may not be an issue with the skills Carte Noir and Carte Blanc.

(Updated: It's likely a problem with hitting mobs too many times with reduced damage hits that don't kill immediately. Happens in different areas of Arcane River for different people.)

Steps to reproduce:
1. Go to any Eree Valley map, Skywhale Mountain map or Chu Chu Island PQ.
2. For highest chance of disconnection, use Mille Aiguilles continuously on a large mob of monsters.
3. Disconnection should happen suddenly while attacking.

Character name: Hierophantom
Character level: 214
Character job: Phantom
World name: Yellonde (MYBCKN)
Date and time of the incident: Multiple times since release of Chu Chu Island on 12/27/16 EST
GamesdaykaisermeanaTorvah

Comments

• GamesdayGamesday
    Reactions: 870
    edited December 2016
    Yup same happens to me on my windarcher
  • GMSDillonGMSDillon
    Reactions: 480
    edited December 2016
    I cant even make it to Chu Chu, I've completed all the pre quests in Vanquishing area and everytime I jump off the waterfall it goes black and I can hear a video for a split second than maple just completely closes without any message or errors or anything. Kinda frustrating
  • KnofbathKnofbath
    Reactions: 740
    edited December 2016
    Bug type:
    Disconnection

Brief bug summary:
    I'm getting disconnections in Eree Valley and Skywhale Mountain

More details:
    I don't think I'm doing anything unusual, Shadow Bat, Quintuple Star, Shadow Spark, Dark Omen, and Decent Speed Infusion.
    Also using EXP and Drop coupons.
    Both the Eree Valley: Torrent 1 disconnections were on the far right side.
    Skywhale Mountain: SkyWhale Peak - I had ridden the left upcurrent and then drifted down slightly to the right of the upcurrent.

Steps to reproduce:
    Not reliably reproduced, hitting large groups of mobs with Dark Omen/Shadow Spark combo might do it.
    Eree Valley: Torrent 1, clear mobs from Left to Right and ride currents, then hit last group with Dark Omen/Shadow Spark.
    Could be movement related to the currents.

Character name: KnofbathCygn
    Character level: 220
    Character job: Night Walker
    World name: Reboot
    Date and time of the incident: 12/29/2016
  • RegretfuIlyRegretfuIly
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited December 2016
    I've noticed this as well, except it seems to be almost every map. It's worse when you're actually doing the quest line, since you're likely to disconnect around 15-20 times.
  • GabayGabay
    Reactions: 810
    edited December 2016
    I am getting DC too on my Phantom, most of the timse in Chu Chu Island when, hitting high number of mobs with the keydown skills..
    also got DC'D for the same reason in Dimension Invasion PQ..
    Just like you said - to login screen
  • KariArisuKariArisu
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited December 2016
    Kanna using Kishin on any map with a river seems to be disconnecting too. In my experience it disconnects other people on the map, too.
  • CatharanthusCatharanthus
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    It sounds like it's not a class-related bug but an issue with us hitting monsters too many times and not killing fast enough.
  • RegretfuIlyRegretfuIly
    edited January 2017
    Gotta love that classic Nexon coding.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited January 2017
    Bug type:
    Disconnection

Brief bug summary:
    Disconnection at all maps of Chu Chu Island often happens suddenly while in the middle of attacking a group of monsters with any multi-attack skill.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Go to any Eree Valley map, Skywhale Mountain map or Chu Chu Island PQ.
    2. For highest chance of disconnection, use Blade Fury while lagging in order to achieve this. You must not be strong enough to kill monsters within 4 hits or less.
    3. Disconnection should happen suddenly while attacking.

Character name: Its2Sharp4U
    Character level: 219
    Character job: Blade Master
    World name: Scania
    Date and time of the incident: Multiple times since release of Chu Chu Island on 12/27/16 EST
  • NoisyBoyNoisyBoy
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited January 2017
    i have that problem to. I dc every time i go in chuchu pq when atacking mobs whit Mille Aiguilles.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    I've submitted a ticket about this issue, but the GM responding to my ticket is just going around in circles. I would highly suggest everyone with this issue to submit a ticket. It's the very least we can do to get somebody to notice.
  • RegretfuIlyRegretfuIly
    edited January 2017
    It's not just Chu Chu Island - it's almost every Arcane River map accessible. Chu Chu Island may just be the more prominent cause of disconnections out of the three areas.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited January 2017
    I'm disconnecting specifically in torrent zone 3 out there in Chu Chu. I've DC 8 times in a row within 20 seconds of being on the map and using standard mobbing skills on my kinesis.
    Top of that, I disconnect frequently when using the skill Psychic Tornado no matter where I'm at, and have been accused of "HACK REASON" by the "GM police" many times for it. Apparently it is too powerful to register as legit damage or whatever.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    RegretfuIly

It's not just Chu Chu Island - it's almost every Arcane River map accessible. Chu Chu Island may just be the more prominent cause of disconnections out of the three areas.
    Updated the first post. I think it differs for each person because I don't dc at all in Vanishing Journey, but my ice/lightning mage friend does.
  • NectarineNectarine
    Reactions: 450
    edited January 2017
    I d/c from Lachelein Clocktower 5F at the top near the portal almost every time. What triggers it is hitting a ton of mobs at once, most often with showdown.
  • iMuciMuc
    Reactions: 200
    edited January 2017
    Bug type:
    Disconnection

Brief bug summary:
    Disconnects when attacking mobs.

More details:
    Beam Dance makes the DC happen nearly instantaneously. I get the same type of disconnect in other areas too but, in the Hungry Muto PQ, I can reproduce the DC at any time of the day and any day of the week 100% of the time. Since the release of the PQ, I've attempted to run it ~50 times and every one of those times have resulted in me disconnecting. My PC specs are definitely not the problem (i7 6700k 4.8GHz, 32gb RAM, GTX 780ti) and, when the DC occurs, it does not stutter or anything before kicking me to the login screen (i.e. it suddenly just goes black and kicks me out of the game).

Steps to reproduce:
    - Enter Hungry Muto
    - Attempt to clear the PQ at any pace with any skill
    - At some point, before the PQ is cleared, the DC occurs. In my case, it happens very shortly after the PQ is started.

Character name: iMuc
    Character level: 211
    Character job: Xenon
    World name: Demethos
    Date and time of the incident: 12/XX/2016 - XX/XX/2017
  • kimchikimchi
    Reactions: 540
    edited January 2017
    I'm a dual blade, and chu chu pq DCs me a lot. I've lost quite a few mpe pots bc of DCs...
  • TorvahTorvah
    Reactions: 410
    edited January 2017
    Hi guys!

I'm having this problem too. I've tried experimenting with some factors that may lead to this. What is working for me so far are some very odd things:

- Have a familiar out (I've used the Big Spider or the Mutant Snail)
    - Turn off your weapon booster skill (I clicked off my Cane Booster skill and my Decent Speed Infusion 5th job skill)
    - Anything like an LGR or any type of AB ring effect is OK.
    - Try NOT to attack 50 billion monsters at once. I use Mille Aiguilles to cut down the monsters. Using anything like Tempest is just asking for a d/c.

So far, as a Phantom, this has not d/ced me. It seems that the game engine recognizes fast attacks and disconnects you in the map. However, this is just a hypothesis, but I can confirm that I am not d/cing. It has been over 10 minutes and I have not d/ced yet in Eree Valley: Torrent Zone 2. Of course, I did attempt attacking a game-breaking number of monsters, and I am logging back into the game as I type this...

Edit: Hungry Muto PQ is still unplayable. A few seconds into the PQ (alone), on Normal or Hard mode, and a few monsters hit on any platform, leads to an instant disconnection. This is regardless of the above steps. With or without your weapon booster or familiar out, you will d/c.

Character name: Torvah
    Character level: 212
    Character job: Phantom
    World name: Windia
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited January 2017
    It's something related to Maps and Mobs files in MS folder. I couldn't even farm since Monday morning. By staying in map of monsters, even when doing nothing at all, I lagged then d/c in a very short moment. So, I got tell to defrag my C drive cuz Maps and Mobs were the ones of most fragmented files. It went slight better but the problem still occurs. I really hope Nexon will fix that.

thrakkes
    Hero Lv223
    Mardia
    I live in province of Quebec, in Canada
    It happens to me since the night of Sunday-Monday morning

Look if Maps and Mobs files aren't corrupted of whatever is the problem here.
  • iMuciMuc
    Reactions: 200
    edited January 2017
    thrakkes
    thrakkes said:

It's something related to Maps and Mobs files in MS folder. I couldn't even farm since Monday morning. By staying in map of monsters, even when doing nothing at all, I lagged then d/c in a very short moment. So, I got tell to defrag my C drive cuz Maps and Mobs were the ones of most fragmented files. It went slight better but the problem still occurs. I really hope Nexon will fix that.

thrakkes
    Hero Lv223
    Mardia
    I live in province of Quebec, in Canada
    It happens to me since the night of Sunday-Monday morning

Look if Maps and Mobs files aren't corrupted of whatever is the problem here.
    I have the game installed on a Samsung 960 Pro M.2 SSD and still get DCd which leads me to believe it's not related to anything that could be solved by defragmenting your disk; solid state drives address their memory in a way that is not negatively affected by fragmented files like magnetic disk drives do since you're not dealing with a physical medium. The reason behind all of us getting disconnected on a regular basis is insufficient server performance. If you look up a graph showing the relationship between server cpu utilization and server response time you'll probably notice that at a certain point on the graph the axis for server response time flat-lines and what that indicates is server-sided packet loss. My theory is that the way session/instance logic is set up makes it easy to choke the server simply my attacking multiple mobs at the same time. However, that's just a theory by me, a random irrelevant mapler (;