[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Getting huge lag opening quest log? Here's a fix!!

rmhusermhuse
Reactions: 100
edited September 2016 in General Chat
It's so funny how I could've missed this. I hate opening my quest log due to the fact that I get huge lag spikes when opening it but I still have to do it so I try and minimize how much I open it. Well I've found a fix! And if it's working for me, then I'm sure it'll work for you. Just go to the quest helper (hotkey "L"), click on the little blue "Q" in it's top-left corner and have instant access to all of your quests. And if there is lag, it will only be a fraction of what you had before. Idk why someone hasn't wrote about this. Anyways, get this thread going, so that it will get all the googles. Happy Mapling! :D

Comments

• KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited September 2016
    Nope I still get the same amount of lag regardless of where I open it from. The first time opening the log per session is always the worst, but it gets slightly better after that.
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited September 2016
    KeepComingBack

Nope I still get the same amount of lag regardless of where I open it from. The first time opening the log per session is always the worst, but it gets slightly better after that.
    so true, which why I don't open it until absolutely necessary .
  • KurtKurt
    Reactions: 1,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    I always just open it right away when I get into game. That way when I re-open it the lag is minimal.
  • YuniorYunior
    Reactions: 1,575
    edited September 2016
    I gave up on quests for this exact reason, and I'm sure many others have as well.
  • FawkoFawko
    Reactions: 2,360
    edited September 2016
    Didn't work for me