[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

bug on drop rate

ZzAsynHoixXZzAsynHoixX
Reactions: 305
edited January 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type:
Incorrect drop rate

Brief bug summary:
Drop rate has worked incorrectly during x2 event starting from 2nd January 2017 6h PM PST

More details:
There was no different drop rate during x2 event compared with normal day. In particular, I also bought x2 drop coupon from cash shop, this issue is till happening. This problem can be determined by checking number of Shining Santa Box dropped.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Log in game and go to particular map during x2 event
2. Hunt monster, but low drop rate
3. Go in cash shop, buy x2 drop coupon and then there is no difference

Character name: JenniferP
Character level: 226
Character job: Night Walker
World name: Galicia
Date and time of the incident: 6h PM PST

Comments

• jasonmbrownjasonmbrown
    Reactions: 635
    edited January 2017
    Just wondering but have you Confirmed that the drop rate was broke by discussing it with other players? And was it specifically during todays 2x?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Describe your hunting conditions and give numbers?
    I get a lot more santa boxes per DIPQ run during 2x than during 1x.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017

: "
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Describe your hunting conditions and give numbers?
    I get a lot more santa boxes per DIPQ run during 2x than during 1x.
    We all do, I think he was mentioning todays specifically.

Did you do x2 today?"
    Me? I did, but not DIPQ and not counting the crap I got. Seemed to fill my inventory just the same as other 2x's though.

I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work on one specific day. It's prescheduled and preprogrammed and is identical to all previous 2x's.
  • jasonmbrownjasonmbrown
    Reactions: 635
    edited January 2017
    Sometimes You can just get super unlucky if your farming nodes... Unless I farm for the full 2x, I usually get totally Random counts (If i farm for 1 hour ive gotten between 10 and 30 nodes, If i farm for 4 hours I almost always get 55-65. (and thats on 6x)

Just saying that because the drop rate on them is so low, you might not see much effect during 2x... Its like grinding for the Old Lunar Dews Quests, Even during 2x It really doesnt make much difference in the drop rate unless your also lucky. (The quests after lunar dew are even worse, Ive done 12x drops before and gotten nothing in 4 hours)
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2017
    I was farming inhibitors and samples earlier today, and most certainly noticed a difference in the drop rate. Both before and after activating Lucky Winter as well. So I cannot reproduce.

I can't say how reliable counting the number of santa boxes is, however. Because of the randomness of RNG, it's still possible to get nothing, even if your chances are doubled.
  • ZzAsynHoixXZzAsynHoixX
    Reactions: 305
    edited January 2017
    I farmed at Lying in Repose : Below the Cave map. About hunting conditions, I have Kishin, 330% drop gears,wolf and x2 drop coupon. Normally, in another x2 event, I roughly get 110 nodes per hour. Unfortunately, in this issue time, I get only just over 20. I absolutely understand that number of Nodestones dropped cannot be determined exactly and it depends on luck. However, the gap between 20 and 100 is huge and it is unacceptable. To emphasize that in the last x2 event period from 10 AM to 1 PM PST, with the same hunting conditions, i got 326 nodes after 3hours. So.....
  • EtherealM5EtherealM5
    Reactions: 200
    edited January 2017
    I have had a similar issue. i have 20% on each gear with wolf, 2x card, and HS. I normally get about 230 nodes for 3 hours (76/hour) then the last 4 2x have been so awful that i only got about 24 ish nodes after the first 2 hours. I was in the dealie bobber forest 2 map.

Something definitely felt like it broke after new years. or the server lagged so bad it just prevented drops from happening which also looked like the scenario since i didnt fill up in santa boxes.

• OrblitOrblit
    Reactions: 970
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    I roughly get 0 nodestones for any time frame as they never drop, regardless of drop rate. And it'll be seen as just pure unlucky in the eyes of nexon.
  • KnofbathKnofbath
    Reactions: 740
    edited January 2017
    There does seem to have been a noticeable decrease in drop rate for at least the past 2 days.

It could be put down to a horrible run of RNG...