[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I honestly don't get it.

mon0mon0
Reactions: 780
edited January 2017 in Rants and Raves
I don't get why the people at Nexon keep releasing content updates when they fail to fix a lot of old issues with the game as it is.

I mean when are they gonna get more servers to handle the lag during 2x events?
I mean the biggest issues I have is dcing during a 2x and losing my map and then either having to ks someone to get my map back or be willing to give it up just because the server kicks me out of the game.

The other issue is Dragon Rider PQ has been broken for at least a year that I know of only a few people who can manage to not use their arrow keys can manage to finish the PQ.
The next issue lays with Multiple pets I mean really? I buy 3 action demon pets for 28k NX and now I can't use all 3 of them at the same time because their is a bug with the npc not giving you the quest but he steals your snack food and that's the end of the quest you try going to the kitty's in the basket at the top and it says, I couldn't find anything.
check beginner skill section and their is no follow the leader skill there.
Checked the light bulb nothing in there for that pet trainer either.

I mean I'm wasting 120 days not being able to use my pets now I gotta waste like 8K NX to bring them back to life after 120 days as it is the least they can do issue issue me NX to at least get the 3 water of life's when they fix this issue.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Dragon Rider PQ hasn't been broken for over a year.

I mean, yes, it's been glitchy since forever, but it was quite possible to complete, and most everyone did, with only one or two disconnects (and none of that nonsense with arrow keys). The current situation, where you disconnect even at Crimson Sky Dock and it's nearly impossible to complete the PQ without painstaking management of keypresses, is only a matter of about two months.

I realize two months seem like an eternity to someone who really wants that Leafre Codex Set, but exaggerating helps no-one. In fact, if Nexon's devs were to believe you that the PQ has been just as broken for over a year, they won't even know where to look for what code change broke it.
  • mon0mon0
    Reactions: 780
    edited January 2017
    I knew their was a good reason I never watch any of your YouTube videos now lmao. smh.
    You're just like Matt and God have mercy on MapleStory having people like you or him as a Community Manager hiring a bunch of kids fresh out of high school.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    I don't know who you think I am, but I don't make youtube videos.

And you can check the bug reporting threads if you want. People only started complaining about DRPQ constantly disconnecting and crashing at the end of October, and most posts were in November and then again in December after the "fix" failed.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited January 2017
    @mon0 I don't know where you're getting a "year" from for Dragon Rider Party Quest being broken. It started when the v177 Patch which was in October as AKradian stated.

But hey, I do know a few things that are (this is not an extensive list):
    - Crusader Codex
    - Changing Channels may require multiple attempts
    - Changing Channels may result in a 1-2 second freeze or complete disconnection
    - Mining Veins or Shoveling Herbs may require multiple attempts
    - At any random time you may disconnect to the login screen or have the client crash for an unknown reason
    - Throwing Stars cannot be recharged in most shops

You know what else came during v177?
    Normal Vellum Missing Animation Frames
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/971/normal-vellum-missing-animation-frames/p1

The thing is I don't lie about when the bug first started. Or else the developers may want to look into and next thing they realize that it wasn't broken that far back. You're causing more trouble than it is being helpful. That also includes "childish" remarks which serves no purpose but to provoke people.

Congratulations captain, you showed them!
    -----

@AKradian What I find rather interesting is that they reduced it from a complete client crash to disconnecting to the login screen.

Also the fact that a lot more complaints came when the "Mega Burning Project" (November 30th, 2016) was happening, followed by "Let's Party Quest" (December 15th, 2016) event all under V Patch.
  • adgnadgn
    Reactions: 1,395
    edited January 2017
    Because the Nexon Game Team is full of idiots that can't fix shet. They're probably college dropouts that couldn't get a degree in computer related field.
  • MekMek
    Reactions: 1,170
    edited January 2017
    Embrace yourselfs massive lag is upon us once again.

Hasty event brang massive lag along with it, this 2x exp event will just be a downfall. If there isn't and unschedule maintenance to fix it I have to tell you that disappointment will hit you hard, real hard.
    You have been warned.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited January 2017
    @Mek The last time we got the Hasty Hunting Event there was a Hidden Weekly Mission that required hunting 88,888 monsters within your level or 44,444 for the first week and 55,555 for the second week.

They didn't fix it the first time it was around, what makes you think they'll have an unscheduled server maintenance to fix it the second time around? We have people who are not able to log-in to their characters (and I'm not affected by this) and obviously they haven't fixed that yet. They will partially miss events of the V Patch instead of frame rate drops or freezes every-time you get a kill with Hasty Hunting active which I am affected by every reset.

I'd give Nexon a round of applause for a royal screw up for advertising and hype through social media just to crash and burn throughout this big update. I'm not surprised at all. It's just a really sad joke.
    jkl