[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Kerning Square?

AyoitsianAyoitsian
Reactions: 1,170
Member, Private Tester
edited January 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I know it's random and that there are bigger issues at hand, but I was wondering if Kerning square or Florina beach will ever return and why they were ever removed in the first place. Thanks!

Comments

• chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Kerning Square is coming back as Kerning Tower in our next patch after the one today. They removed them to revamp them. KMS is working on revamping Omega Sector.
    YinYangX
  • KisjKisj
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited January 2017
    chaoscauser

Kerning Square is coming back as Kerning Tower in our next patch after the one today. They removed them to revamp them. KMS is working on revamping Omega Sector.
    what was wrong with them in the first place?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Kisj
    Kisj said:

: what was wrong with them in the first place?

Nothing really.
    When Nexon did a complete overhaul of monster levels all over Maple World, they could not decide on a level range to give these areas, so instead of leaving them as they were they decided to lock them off.
    They originally intended to update them quickly, but other, more important things, got in the way, and here we are, years later, still with chains over parts of our world.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2017
    Kerning Square will be revamped into Kerning Tower in a future patch. Most likely the spring patch, judging by KMS's release dates, unless we receive some region-exclusive content.
    https://orangemushroom.net/2016/09/28/kms-ver-1-2-265-kerning-tower/
    The revamped area will be level 145+ and feature a brand-new storyline involving an idol group. This patch also includes numerous QOL changes.

Omega Sector is slated next for a revamp during the Union part of the BEYOND update. The new Omega Sector has not yet been released in KMS, so the details are fuzzy. However the storyline will involve the Mesorangers and infiltration of a UFO with a brand-new alien villain. You can see some of the artwork in the BEYOND trailer:

Around 1:03
    AyoitsianYinYangX
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited January 2017
    @NeoSpector ahhh yes. Maplestory x LoveLive
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited January 2017
    There's also how this and other areas aren't as usefull as before, since everyone level so fast, so making it for more high lv(145+) is better and give more options to train, and since KMS have less places than GMS, it's not a bad idea(they don't have MP3 or singapure i guess).
  • AyoitsianAyoitsian
    Reactions: 1,170
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    I hope they still have the old soundtrack for Kerning Square somewhere in Kerning Tower. That was the best part of training there.

EDIT: I just watched the tour video and the old OST is still there. THE NOSTALGIA.