[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Gives Players the BAN HAMMER

steamconesteamcone
Reactions: 795
edited January 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Yes. There will obviously be abuse as with any powerful tool but its so tiring. Clearly nothing is being done by GMs if they even exist. So many bots, hacks and spam. Give trusted veterans the Ban Hammer pls. The community is willing to do free what Nexon is paying their employees to do.

An appeal system to counter the player abuse is obviously the wise compliment to incorrect Bans

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited January 2017
    Or justh ave a scrutinous recruitment process through actual applications so it is treated like a real job.
    JettLuvsU
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    How can they know the difference between a player and a hacker they haven't even finished their investigation on why mana potions don't work on kinesis. I think we need a pretty serious explanation as to why their customer support knows nothing about the game. I mean you apply for a job it's pretty much second nature to have some sort of background in what you apply for.
    steamconeJettLuvsUPetalmagicIvangoldKisj
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited January 2017
    Honestly...Nexon rejected my Resume with my 5+ years of Maple experience and knowledge of the game mechanics...Q_Q
  • TribalStarTribalStar
    Reactions: 1,015
    edited January 2017
    Seriously Nexon all you have to do is go i all maps f Mu Lung its full of botters
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited January 2017
    @Petalmagic

If I were a GM, I think I would be giving players shivers down their spines, but I will still be accurate with their cases.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    steamcone
    steamcone said:

: "Yes. There will obviously be abuse as with any powerful tool but its so tiring. Clearly nothing is being done by GMs if they even exist. So many bots, hacks and spam. Give trusted veterans the Ban Hammer pls. The community is willing to do free what Nexon is paying their employees to do.

An appeal system to counter the player abuse is obviously the wise compliment to incorrect Bans"

So you think Nexon has the competent manpower to handle the ban appeals?
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited January 2017
    Petalmagic

Honestly...Nexon rejected my Resume with my 5+ years of Maple experience and knowledge of the game mechanics...Q_Q
    There are other things they need you to be qualified in. Problem is the GM most of us want to be isn't what Nexon's GM job description is. There are a lot of things and if you are applying for the job you are expected to have experience in all those other areas.

As for this suggestion it could work but it's a risky move and time consuming one to organize as well as the fact it could potentially bring a lot of other issues which they probably don't want to deal with nor have the manpower to do so. It's really sad.

If anything I think they could have certain veteran players have direct contact with GMs at all hours of the day to pass on reports directly that need attention asap. They could have systems in place to build up trust for these specific players before hand so they don't have to deal with a influx of fake reports. Getting people who specifically know what they're talking about and have vast knowledge on the game and know how to identify hackers and macroers with 99.9% accuracy.

This is something they could work with and something they should definitely do. There are so many instances where I find people botting at off hours. Hours where I cannot contact live support to notify and hours where GMs simply aren't around checking and so all of them get away with it.
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    I think they have since MisusingTV seems to have access to their "test server" or whatever this is:
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Sorrow
    Sorrow said:

: "I think they have since MisusingTV seems to have access to their "test server" or whatever this is: "
    That is the test server and it has nothing to do with banning hackers on the live game servers.
    Several youtubers and streamers were given access to the test server before 5th job, mostly to add hype to the patch. Whatever bugs they found and reported (such as the 1 blank ring limit in V Shop) weren't fixed.
  • KisjKisj
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited January 2017
    Sorrow
    Sorrow said:

:How can they know the difference between a player and a hacker they haven't even finished their investigation on why mana potions don't work on kinesis.
    HAH! brilliant xD
  • genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited January 2017
    Lmao dumbest suggestion i've read. The players are as incompetent as the GMs, except players will abuse it. Just like every single volunteer program this game has had.

PeepPeep said: PetalmagicPetalmagic said:Honestly...Nexon rejected my Resume with my 5+ years of Maple experience and knowledge of the game mechanics...Q_Q

Not sure if trolling or just 10 years old.