[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

When will this lag be fixed !?!?

forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
Reactions: 2,815
edited February 2018 in Tech Support
Seriously this has to be some kind of a joke. It has been well over a month since the lag has been more than usual and Nexon is not even trying to do anything about it anymore. They haven't had a maintenance to improve server stability or anything!

@OneLetter , do you just plan on letting players quit to decrease the amount of players? Is THAT how you plan to fix the lag issue? If it is PLEASE ANSWER US. Im sick of this false hope and waiting for the game to be playable. Not to mention, here come even more 2x events that make the lag UNBEARABLE! We. Do not. Want. 2x events. What's the point of having these dam forums if you don't listen to us or our opinions/input? So frustrating!
  1. Fix the lag?28 votes
    1. We demand action!
       75% (21 votes)
    2. It's cool nexon
       25% (7 votes)

Comments

• foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    They will NEVER fix it.
    I wish that its gone too but it seems they are not able to.
    Seriously I got kicked two times because of the lag.
    Also i couldnt fight bosses with my ice lightning mage cause the lag delays my teleport and I die.

FIX IT NEXON

WE ARE IN THE 21 CENTURY.
    IF OTHER MMOS HAVE MOSTLY STABLE SERVER WHY CAN'T MAPLESTORY HAVE THEM TOO.
    JettLuvsULilyflower
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    edited January 2017
    I don't really see what they're excuse could possibly be. They've known the migration + 5th job patch would have A LOT more people. They should've anticipated this would happen and have properly fixed it by now. The migration was announced over 6 months ago!
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited January 2017
    TFW> You can run FFXIV on full settings with no lag...run Maple on full settings...Good luck.
    IDontKnowWhatMyNameIs
  • ShiroiSenkouShiroiSenkou
    Reactions: 580
    edited January 2017
    Oh please by the way.... Can we also bring the moon bunny out of the event hall? This crap is driving me nuts.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    edited January 2017
    ShiroiSenkou

Oh please by the way.... Can we also bring the moon bunny out of the event hall? This crap is driving me nuts.
    ============================================
    Yeah seriously. We've been complaining about the event hall for over a month as well. If you can't fix the lag, at least get the moon bunny out >_>
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited January 2017
    I stopped playing ever since the lag began which is well before I made my lagonball thread which was back in October. I haven't played since October. Nexon can take that as they will. I can easily continue not playing so long as the lag persists.
    JettLuvsULilyflower
  • MomTeresaMomTeresa
    Reactions: 1,585
    edited January 2017
    i have never seen a game client that big...and hence so much problem on our side

(and some ppl take advantage of that too...then nexon use hack shield...then...it is a vicious cycle)
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited January 2017
    im confident in their ability to fix the server issues, a little bit of patience from all of us will go a long way.
    JettLuvsUXionicomad
  • XionicomadXionicomad
    Reactions: 820
    edited January 2017
    bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

im confident in their ability to fix the server issues, a little bit of patience from all of us will go a long way.
    ==========================================================================================
    It's the new community forums. If you don't demand fixes at an unreasonable time frame or don't call Nexon incompetent of some sort then people won't like you here.

As for the lag. I'm sure it will be fixed. Seems it's very much playable judging from how the server populations look.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited January 2017
    I still just play during the slower times outside of 2x events. I'd also rather just not have them going on, but it looks like they have no intentions of getting rid of timed 2x events. So the best we can do right now is to just play during 1x. I don't even know how some people can run a group of 6 in populous areas during those events, but I still see it happening and somehow they still stay connected and can actually see their skills enough to mob. Maybe they know something we don't.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited January 2017
    @Booberpuppy They don't need to see anything if they have transparency options set for graphics. In terms of connection though that's a completely different story. Although I do know that one of my friends that went on a vacation was pretty close to their headquarters and had little to no lag during 2x. While me in Canada had to suffer an unholy amount of lag that I've never seen in the past decade.

During 1x it is a little less laggy and I start to notice some channels are better for me than some others. One thing is certain, something must have been changed that started all this lag. As if the anti-hack disconnection, bugs, and unstable client wasn't already a problem itself. It's quite a headache to deal with since we players can't just "fix it". We have to rely on the devs and publishers to get things done.

While I'm not optimistic that they'll get down to it, I just really hope they do, eventually.
    Booberpuppy
  • XionicomadXionicomad
    edited January 2017
    Its2Sharp4U

@Booberpuppy They don't need to see anything if they have transparency options set for graphics. In terms of connection though that's a completely different story. Although I do know that one of my friends that went on a vacation was pretty close to their headquarters and had little to no lag during 2x. While me in Canada had to suffer an unholy amount of lag that I've never seen in the past decade.

During 1x it is a little less laggy and I start to notice some channels are better for me than some others. One thing is certain, something must have been changed that started all this lag. As if the anti-hack disconnection, bugs, and unstable client wasn't already a problem itself. It's quite a headache to deal with since we players can't just "fix it". We have to rely on the devs and publishers to get things done.

While I'm not optimistic that they'll get down to it, I just really hope they do, eventually.
    ===============================
    Even major games like World of Warcraft have that issue with their games. When you don't live close to the primary servers you play on then it will cause lag of some sort. Countless mmo's have this problem.
  • StayGoldStayGold
    Reactions: 1,670
    edited January 2017
    I would advise you to not play during 2x EXP and DROP because Reboot's lag skyrockets during those times. I'm not sure if that affects server lag, but boy.. is it laggy during 2x in Reboot.
  • XionicomadXionicomad
    edited January 2017
    StayGold
    StayGold said:

I would advise you to not play during 2x EXP and DROP because Reboot's lag skyrockets during those times. I'm not sure if that affects server lag, but boy.. is it laggy during 2x in Reboot.
    Personally I don't think the server can handle that many people. Even I had a hard time coming to terms with how many people returned for ReBoot and 5th job.
  • genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited January 2017
    Fix is coming. It's called when all the returning players who came back for 5th job hype quit again near when the holidays end.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited January 2017
    Its2Sharp4U

: "@Booberpuppy They don't need to see anything if they have transparency options set for graphics."
    Does the graphics setting make a difference with lag during busy times with groups? I haven't noticed any difference, personally. I like to keep the player graphic set to opaque so I can see if I need to thump some kishin caster's head for slacking off.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited January 2017
    @Its2Sharp4U
    Honestly, most of the time i don't see much diference with or without the graphics in low in my computer, mosf of the lag is either the server/their connection or my internet, so i don't think that really helps the lag, overall seens to be the amount of new players and the v patch with new stuff, all we have to do is wait now.

The tendency is that more people play in relation to before so if it would be connection issue they should upgrade it(i think it's more the codes tought).
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Nexon
    edited January 2017
    StayGold
    StayGold said:

too be honest it seems like the server spikes the moment the 2x exp begins, it's rather odd.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited January 2017
    @Ivangold Yeah I would doubt upgrading would do anything if a majority of my alliance complains about random disconnections, lag, bugs, etc. Can't really fix something that isn't the problem of the players.

@bumbertyr So I'm not the only one who experiences this strange phenomenon of 2x EXP/DROP Event causing more lag the moment it starts, and halts when it's over.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Nexon
    edited January 2017
    Its2Sharp4U

Ivangold Yeah I would doubt upgrading would do anything if a majority of my alliance complains about random disconnections, lag, bugs, etc. Can't really fix something that isn't the problem of the players.

bumbertyr So I'm not the only one who experiences this strange phenomenon of 2x EXP/DROP Event causing more lag the moment it starts, and halts when it's over.
    @its2sharp4u no you're not, they're definitely connected.