[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

changes at nexon america

PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
Reactions: 2,140
edited January 2017 in General Chat
in other news, also interesting in seeing who broke this news, not sure if nexon will allow this news, but personally i am happy about this, we know how bad things are currently so any change at least has a chance at being positive http://www.mmorpg.com/news/rumor-nexon-korea-to-take-over-leadership-at-nexon-america-1000042737
JettLuvsUIDontKnowWhatMyNameIsValryia

Comments

• MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited January 2017
    It'll be very interesting to see how this plays out if it's true. I'd be skeptically optimistic about it. Hopefully customer support, legacy issues and current issues will be taken care of in a better fashion if the leadership switches.

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    For those who go by the title of the subreddit post, rather than actually click the link, there's been an update:
    "UPDATE: We have received word from Nexon about the rumors swirling around Nexon America (see below):

Rich Williams has announced he will be leaving Nexon America at the end of the month to start his own marketing firm. We’re pleased to say Nexon America will be his first client. Jungsoo Lee, who is currently the executive director of live games and has been with Nexon America since he helped establish this subsidiary in 2006, will be promoted to lead the company moving forward.

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/news/update-jungsoo-lee-to-take-over-nexon-america-1000042737#GISCCvd9JElFF1m1.99"

The new CEO is not from Nexon Korea (although judging by his name, he is Korean), and has been at Nexon America for 10 years already.

I don't expect anything to change as far as we are concerned. I don't believe anyone who has been with NexonNA for 10 years could possibly care about such things as product quality or player satisfaction. They'd have gone insane by now if they did.
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited January 2017
    I don't care who's in charge, just fix the game
    JettLuvsUKlaraPlasticHolly
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited January 2017
    @Arlong said:

I don't care who's in charge, just fix the game
    but how the game is fixed depends on who is in charge.
    gorateronJettLuvsULair
  • ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited January 2017
    I really hope so.
  • jasonxddjasonxdd
    Reactions: 740
    edited January 2017
    thank GOD
  • RyotaKisèRyotaKisè
    Reactions: 720
    edited January 2017
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

For those who go by the title of the subreddit post, rather than actually click the link, there's been an update:
    "UPDATE: We have received word from Nexon about the rumors swirling around Nexon America (see below):

Rich Williams has announced he will be leaving Nexon America at the end of the month to start his own marketing firm. We’re pleased to say Nexon America will be his first client. Jungsoo Lee, who is currently the executive director of live games and has been with Nexon America since he helped establish this subsidiary in 2006, will be promoted to lead the company moving forward.

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/news/update-jungsoo-lee-to-take-over-nexon-america-1000042737#GISCCvd9JElFF1m1.99"

The new CEO is not from Nexon Korea (although judging by his name, he is Korean), and has been at Nexon America for 10 years already.

I don't expect anything to change as far as we are concerned. I don't believe anyone who has been with NexonNA for 10 years could possibly care about such things as product quality or player satisfaction. They'd have gone insane by now if they did.
    This interpretation is definitely correct. The new CEO is not from Nexon Korea.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    I am not expecting much change it might get even worse but we always have hope.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited January 2017
    I'm not sure what to expect because there's little to no information besides something filling into the position after one steps down. Aside from "has been with Nexon America since he helped establish this subsidiary in 2006". We have no idea what to expect.

I won't hold my breath, but we'll see the effect of this eventually, if there is any.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited January 2017
    Nothing will change. Ever since the V update everything has been a mess. So many issues, mistakes and wrong moves. Servers still horrible during 2x events. So many other games have 2x events and they never have such horrible issues with their servers even at peak hours. I don't know what's going on because they aren't transparent with us. Still no CM after removing one of the better ones we've had for years. So many bugs that have been around for a long time now being ignored. Not looking up for Nexon atm.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited January 2017
    Deathmobs
    Deathmobs said:

"Ever since the V update everything has been a mess."

...you haven't been playing long, have you? ;)
    Been playing since 2007. I know there's been a lot of bad before but there was nothing really bad for a long while until the V update which has been a downhill road since then.
  • XionicomadXionicomad
    Reactions: 820
    edited January 2017
    Peep
    Peep said:

Deathmobs
    Deathmobs said:

"Ever since the V update everything has been a mess."

...you haven't been playing long, have you? ;)
    Been playing since 2007. I know there's been a lot of bad before but there was nothing really bad for a long while until the V update which has been a downhill road since then.
    Nothings beats the huge rollback that happened in 2008 or 2009. I forget which. They rolled back the server by a few days. Oh boy was that a mess. All to get rid and patch the mass duping on Maple Warrior skill books.
  • MomTeresaMomTeresa
    Reactions: 1,585
    edited January 2017
    hope they keep maplestory
  • XionicomadXionicomad
    Reactions: 820
    edited January 2017
    MomTeresa
    MomTeresa said:

hope they keep maplestory

Oh they will. Nexon owns all rights and it is a cash cow. They won't sell it to anyone regardless of who is the new CEO or Maplestory lead.

People don't like hearing this, but Nexon is one of the better F2P gaming companies out there. Trion, JoyMax, NCsoft, IGG, Netgames, Gametribe and plenty more are so much worse than Nexon. I doubt anyone would be able to do a better job than Nexon unless a Pay 2 Play company takes it over. But like I said they'll most likely never give up the rights to Maplestory or their other games and honestly i'm happy that they won't.

• JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Make maple great again.
  • ShiroiSenkouShiroiSenkou
    Reactions: 580
    edited January 2017
    Yea, right.

Just another ploy to regain user's trust.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2017
    You guys realize there's more that goes on at Nexon other than just MapleStory, right? I mean, you do realize that they host nine games beside this one, and that not every action taken, or every change made, within the company is directly as a result of, or in any way effects, this game?
    JettLuvsU