[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Disable Megaphone chat

ChukkiChukki
Reactions: 1,525
edited February 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I'm not asking you to remove megaphone chat, i'm asking you to have a option for players to hide it.

I keep my chat box small because of the game's resolution being too low.

There's a problem.
The megaphone chat spam is annoying.
I miss my guild chat/alliance chat important comments because of this.

I'm on reboot.
WatcherCCG

Comments

• MomTeresaMomTeresa
    Reactions: 1,585
    edited January 2017
    just one reason for me...lag...and it is good enough to have a mute option
  • LairLair
    Reactions: 1,225
    edited January 2017
    One way that i disable smega when people spam is switching to "combat" tab of the chat
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited January 2017
    There's no way to disable it because people are paying money for those things and by god you're going to see them.
  • StéphyStéphy
    Reactions: 1,440
    edited January 2017
    I agree that there should be an option to unable it, as it can be pretty annoying.

Although as above has been said: click on 'alliance, combat or anything else' during grind, then you won't see it. Only sad thing is that you will miss 'buddy chat or another chat' with swapping.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited January 2017
    I don't know about any one else, but my chat tabs are buggy when I try that stuff. Deactivating one means another stays open at the same time as the one I just clicked to be open only. It's sort of like bad plumbing. All-around annoying in accordance to what I mentioned and what OP said.

We should be able to turn off the stupid. Because 99% of what comes through smega is repetitive stuff they should be asking friend list/guild/google only, or just an insert of cringy crapola, complete waste of precious chat space.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2017
    Once the play V event ends(again), the spam will subside. You've got three more weeks as of yesterday.