[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Functionality] Night Walker Shadow Spear

OverlordUltimaOverlordUltima
Reactions: 500
Member, Private Tester
edited January 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Functionality

Brief bug summary: Using the Night Walker 5th Job skill "Shadow Spear" will disconnect the user.

More details:
Since the 5th job patch, using the Shadow Spear skill often results in the user disconnecting. Seems to disconnect when attacking a large number of monsters.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Buff and activate Shadow Spear
2. Attack a large group of monsters

http://imgur.com/a/fnAoI

Character name: OverlordNW
Character level: 225
Character job: Night Walker
World name: Reboot
Date and time of the incident: 10:00pm PST 1/9/17

Comments

• RegretfuIlyRegretfuIly
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited January 2017
    Depending on where you are, it's not the skill itself. If you're training in Arcane River maps, you'll most likely disconnect from using any skill.

The Arcane River maps seem to have a hard time registering multiple hits on mobs, which results in latency and disconnections. You'll mostly encounter this problem in Chu Chu Island.
  • KnofbathKnofbath
    Reactions: 740
    edited January 2017
    Nah, I've DCed using Shadow Spear in Scrapyard - Deck1, Fallen World Tree - Upper Stem Crossroad, and Chaos Zakum.

The Arcane River maps I can DC using Shadow Spark and Dark Omen, don't even need Shadow Spear for those. Problematic maps are Chu Chu 's Eree Valley and Skywhale, and Lachelein Clocktower that I've found so far.
  • StéphyStéphy
    Reactions: 1,440
    edited January 2017
    Yes same here.
    I hate how whenever we hit to many lines duo skills, we get dced.
    It's been a while now and i have sended alot of emails to nexon,
    They keep saying they're investigation but i don't see much happening, as sad as it is beside this bug we delt now for i think 4-5weeks with alot of dc bugs at nightwalker.
    I really hope they start fixing those issues.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Definitely map dependent, not the skill.

Run DIPQ and use every buff and never dc. Only been dcing on Arcane River and Pollo+Fritto.
  • KnofbathKnofbath
    Reactions: 740
    edited January 2017
    The Shadow Spear DC might be latency and/or minimum computer specs. I'm running an AMD Phenom 2 quad-core, so I have bad single processor performance, and Maplestory isn't multi-threaded at all. My GPU is a Radeon HD 7770, so there shouldn't be any problems there.

Map DC affects other classes as well. Important to not confuse the two issues.
  • Kawai1Kawai1
    Reactions: 510
    edited January 2017
    Me too .
    When my nightwalker farm in the clock tower 2F and use shadow spear, it will D.C. after the spears hit large amount monsters....
    I'm so sad about this bug. I lose a good skill to level up now.
    Anyway, why nightwalker has skills' D.C. all the time since the immigration? Hahahahaha.........