[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Hackers In Arcane River

SuperSuper
Reactions: 520
edited January 2017 in General Chat
Hey Nexon plz BAN all of this Hackers. This Guild called -Removed- is hackers. See in this Video i recorded one member using hacker:
-Removed-

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2017
    Alexandre is correct. We do not allow naming-shaming on the forums.

Let me take a moment to point out that this particular post is a very good reason why we don't:
    You recorded the person's name as containing an upper-case I (i), which is identical to the lower-case l (L) in the game's font. Normally this would be less of an issue, however in this specific case if you spell the same person's name with a lower-case L, you will get an entirely different player, with a completely different class who is not involved in this video.

This is why caution needs to be taken before accusing someone, and one of the few reasons we do not allow accusations on these forums.
  • AlexisShionAlexisShion
    Reactions: 905
    edited January 2017
    Yeah let them hack freely, poor hackers dont deserve to be punished or shamed

#MPpotforPP
    IDontKnowWhatMyNameIs
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2017
    You obviously didn't read Neo's post in any sense. You saw "we don't allow naming and shaming on the forums" and you immediately went down to post a stupid comment
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited January 2017
    @AlexisShion

It's not about letting people hack freely. It's about keeping possibly innocent people from being accused and, moreover, to prevent an environment where mudslinging is considered acceptable. Most examples of letting people shame hackers, even with definite proof, have devolved into arguments and further unacceptable behavior.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/5flvkk/subreddit_rules_you/

Excessive amounts of sarcasm, such as what you're doing, is part of that mudslinging environment. This is a game forum, not an internet drama board.

As stated, the name of the accused in this particular post was incredibly similar to another user who is uninvolved. Had I not searched the rankings to double-check, I would have forwarded the wrong name myself. Please keep your memes and sarcasm to yourself.
  • jasonmbrownjasonmbrown
    Reactions: 635
    edited January 2017
    Honestly I Hope Nexon Prioritizes Banning hackers in Arcane river, Over everywhere else... Nodestones are expensive... Let them stay that way, otherwise all the drop rate gear Ive been working on is worthless to me
  • xMuramasaxMuramasa
    Reactions: 650
    edited January 2017
    If there are real hackers when i get my account back - ill have my recording software ready and all the evidence they will need to get rid of them ^^

Some of my early early work xD

-Removed-
  • jasonxddjasonxdd
    Reactions: 740
    edited January 2017
    Neospector

Alexandre is correct. We do not allow naming-shaming on the forums.

Let me take a moment to point out that this particular post is a very good reason why we don't:
    You recorded the person's name as containing an upper-case I (i), which is identical to the lower-case l (L) in the game's font. Normally this would be less of an issue, however in this specific case if you spell the same person's name with a lower-case L, you will get an entirely different player, with a completely different class who is not involved in this video.

This is why caution needs to be taken before accusing someone, and one of the few reasons we do not allow accusations on these forums.
    =========

except some of the hackers we report do not have i OR L in their names with illegal action that is done SO OBVIOUS
    we report these videos to support (Nexon supoort in 2017 lol) and they just ignore the report video and move on their lives
    even with multiple video evidence, nothing is done.
    it makes you question a few things: 1. is nexon letting people hack? 2. is nexon support incompetent because they cant tell someone is hacking? #MPpotforPP 3. are nexon GMs lazy? 4. ?????????????

Something needs to be changed
  • xMuramasaxMuramasa
    edited January 2017
    I can guarantee you that they do not allow hacking, i know from experience ive helped ban multiple hackers when i provided correct information - videos and detailed proof of the name (correct characters)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    @jasonxdd , what do you expect posting videos on the forums to do?
    If Nexon's GMs don't act on videos sent them in their report queue, that they are supposed to deal with, why would they ban by videos on the forum that they never visit?
  • xMuramasaxMuramasa
    edited January 2017
    They do act. or atleast they did.
  • jasonxddjasonxdd
    Reactions: 740
    edited January 2017
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

@jasonxdd , what do you expect posting videos on the forums to do?
    If Nexon's GMs don't act on videos sent them in their report queue, that they are supposed to deal with, why would they ban by videos on the forum that they never visit?
    raising awareness possibly. I pointed out the IGN and video evidence because the reasoning of mod not wanting people to post videos here is because they dont want "false accusation", which is nonsense
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    The reason the forums - and also the subreddit and other fansites - don't allow naming&shaming / witchhunting / accusations is because all it does is create drama.

Honest reports might be good for "raising awareness", but people aren't always honest. People can post fake accusations for any reason or no reason. Or do you truly believe that every "X is a scammer" smega is truthful?

Screenshots and even videos can be faked. And often people make accusations without even supplying either. I could post "I saw jasonxdd botting" or any other accusation, and the thread would be filled with your denials, and your friends and my friends arguing, and people who don't know either of us taking sides just because drama is fun. It would devolve into a flamewar. Eventually the mods would lock the thread (because even if accusations were allowed, flamewars aren't) and we'd just be left with a bunch of people with tainted reputations and bad feelings.

Nothing good would be gained by allowing people to accuse others on the forum.

If you want a hacker banned, you have to get Nexon to do it. Posting on the forums is about as effective at getting Nexon's attention as smega'ing in-game. They don't look here, they don't act on what they see here. The mods might forward a report before deleting it (as implied by Neospector's post about nearly reporting the wrong IGN), but if you think they are more listened-to than a random ticket, you can PM them your evidence.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    It would be great if we had a way to actually report hackers/botters/etc.

Instead I watch more and more cheaters hit 250 with 0 action against them.
  • JakewaveJakewave
    Reactions: 400
    edited January 2017
    there is so many hackers in Scania sever at mu lung that needs to be looked at its in every map there
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited January 2017
    i do admit im a bit concerned about the presence of hackers inside the Arcane river at this time. Sad part is most of the people i'm seeing are doing it on their main accounts, the normal throw away bots are far and few (at least in scania). What's even more worrisome is the fact that if we follow the same course as kms, obtaining 5th job will take around 1/4 of the time that it used too. It's fairly disappointing since the nodes market was actually doing fairly well.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited January 2017
    @xMuramasa

Again, please don't accuse people of hacking on the forums.

@jasonxdd

As said before, this is just a very good example of ONE of the reasons we do not allow this behavior. The subreddit post I linked explains it far better than I ever could:
    "We used to allow people to discuss if groups or individuals were hacking if they had proof, but this quickly turned into people throwing accusations with nothing more than word of mouth or poorly edited screens.
    It became quickly obvious that most of the community could not handle discussing these issues without bringing in unnecessary drama. In order to avoid it I believe it is best we do not allow these type of discussions anymore.
    This does not mean we will prohibit all discussion about hackers and bots. Openly discussing about the amount of hackers or botters the game has is fine. It is when certain groups, or people, are brought up that we have an issue."
    "Raising awareness" does not help. You and I, members of the community, cannot ban people. Us knowing whether or not someone is a hacker will not do anything to get them banned faster.

Now, I'm going to say this one final time; the reasons we do not allow naming and shaming on these forums are as follows:
    1. False accusations and mistaken identity
    2. Faked evidence (both video and picture evidence)
    3. Pointless and excessive drama and infighting
    4. Toxic behavior such as attention seeking, excessive (and pointless) Nexon bashing, and mudslinging
    5. The fact that the forums are not the place to report players in the first place and will not help them get banned faster

Or I could just put my foot down and point out that it is against the rules, and that continuing to ignore the rules which you agreed to upon joining this forum will result in warnings and suspension, whether you like it or not, because it is not a particularly arduous task to follow the rules as they're listed, and outright refusing to do so is not heroic or good-intentioned, it is simply being stubborn.

Now, I have explained numerous times why we do not allow naming and shaming and I have given clear example that it is not purely Nexon who invented this rule in some convoluted conspiracy to let hackers keep hacking. If you don't agree, then fine, good for you, but it is a rule on this forum.

This discussion is going nowhere and this topic is not up for debate. Closed.
This discussion has been closed.