[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Kaiser Dragon Link Quest and References Bug

ClawStaffClawStaff
Reactions: 2,950
Member, Private Tester
edited November 2016 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Quest/Functionality

Brief bug summary: The quest "Dragon Link Practice cannot be completed" and the "removed" dragon link combos are still displayed.

More details: The monsters this quest tells you to kill do not count to completion, using the non dragon link version of the skill it tells you to use does not count. You cannot use the correct version of the skill, because Dragon Link no longer exists, the command icon still appears, but instead of showing a key for the second part of the command it shows an !.

Steps to reproduce: Complete Kaiser's quests until "Dragon Link Practice". Follow the quest's instructions and directions. Use flame surge on the enemies. Notice killing them does not progress the quest.

Character name: EmperorFlamé

Character level: 70

Character job: Kaiser

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: N/A ongoing.

I've noticed this has been a common issue among Kaiser players (in fact I don't think it's possible for any new Kaisers not to experience it). The thing is I never saw it actually reported in the bugs section of the forums.

Comments

• IKiritoIIKiritoI
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2016
    so its a bugg??? cuz i can not do the skill links what so ever
  • ResaikLunaResaikLuna
    Reactions: 505
    edited November 2016
    They changed Kaisers Dragon Link! You have to use basic attack before you use the dragonlink in order to create an attack with key combination. If I understand you right you are going to clear the quest with using the skill by using Dragon Link. If so this should work!
  • IKiritoIIKiritoI
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2016
    ResaikLuna

They changed Kaisers Dragon Link! You have to use basic attack before you use the dragonlink in order to create an attack with key combination. If I understand you right you are going to clear the quest with using the skill by using Dragon Link. If so this should work!
    stilldosent work
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Trust me I tried that numerous times, it doesn't work. Either the skill is bugged or the quest is, that's why I figured I'd mention both.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Sorry for double post, but this is an important new piece of information I found @IKiritoI @ResaikLuna Dragon Link is in fact supposed to exist, I just went on a Kaiser I made before Reboot, went to beginner tab, and there was Dragon Link.

I'm not sure if it's a Reboot bug, or a new Kaiser bug, but for some reason new Reboot Kaisers do not get the skill. I saw it before, but guess what, that yellow ! it's not just a keybind, that is the actual icon of dragon link. I think

somehow they replaced Dragon Link with the Reboot skill, instead of just adding it.

Reboot Kaiser

Non-Reboot Kaiser
  • JohnMillerJohnMiller
    Reactions: 530
    edited January 2017
    Just completed the quest, and found out that it only counts when the morph gauge is full, but it doesn't show in the quest tracker.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Um... this post was from a while ago, the skill is in the beginner tab for me now.
  • PhantomErevePhantomEreve
    Reactions: 1,105
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Dragon Link was always in the Beginner's tab. They changed the way Dragon Link works. GMS Kaiser used to have a Dragon Link that worked similar to Aran via use of directional keys, now you have to deliberately use the skill, Dragon Link, in combination with the Attack Key and arrow keys. This makes Dragon Link extremely clunky, unusable, and reduces DPS rather than increase it even with the damage boost from pulling it off.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    It wasn't for any new Kaisers for a bit, hence this thread, as I said it was since fixed though.
  • TrueshadowTrueshadow
    Reactions: 200
    edited February 2018
    I'm a new Kaiser using xbox360 controller for some reason Dragon Link is the only ability that doesn't work at all on controller however it works fine in the keyboard is this some sort of bug or?