[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Fire/Poison Mage Flame Haze -> Poison mist Bug

jasonmbrownjasonmbrown
Reactions: 635
edited January 2017 in Bug Reporting
I submitted a ticket to nexon, and they told me the bug isn't reproducible. Then after badgering them for a few days, they told me its intended (Which Seems absolutely Ridiculous).

I'm posting to find out how many other people Believe this should be considered a bug or not.

(As a side note, Flame Haze and Mist explosion are F/P's Highest Dps Skills, And they only ever really get used on bosses. And as comparison, I can Easily Solo Hellux as I/L With my range, But cannot on F/P Because I cant Use my primary bossing skills on it).

When using Flame Haze on Many of the Larger bosses, Poison mist Is Created well outside the boss's Hitbox, So you are unable to effectively boss as F/P (Occurs on Commerci Union PQ, Pink Bean, Gollux Stage 2/3, Horntail (Best Example is Hellux Which I made a video of))

Please Ignore the deaths I was having a lot of Frame Rate Lag when I made the Video, Making it harder to play.

I want to get player opinions on If this should be considered a bug or not.
  1. Is This a bug or not, in Your opinions?3 votes
    1. Yes
       33% (1 vote)
    2. No
       67% (2 votes)

Comments

• EternityMaxEternityMax
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited January 2017
    I've been maining a F/P mage for about 3 months now, and I always thought it was intended. I even read guides prior to opening this character that mentioned this, so I simply got used to casting Poison Mist manually from the get-go. I don't see this changing any time soon, or at all, though it would really make life easier for us.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    The mist always spawns on the ground, which may not be in a useful position for large bosses such as gollux, HT, etc.

It's annoying but not a bug. Perhaps fire will be revamped one day and have the clunky mess that it is fixed up.
  • jasonmbrownjasonmbrown
    Reactions: 635
    edited January 2017
    hmm... Ive always thought of it as a bug ever since flame haze came out... Since it drastically lowers FP Damage output... Its nice to hear other peoples opinions though. Still Casting Poison mist is annoying because it has a longer Casting speed compared to Flame haze. (Its got a similar delay to Explosion, When compared to Paralyze Or Flame haze)

Anyway thanks for the info.