[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Master SS ring

BrendiruBrendiru
Reactions: 530
edited January 2017 in General Chat
So the V event and the coin shop is about to end.

Ever since the 2nd season coin shop opened, I pretty much spent all the V coins I could each and every day, and would you look at that, I am still missing 1 S grade gem to finish the ring.

I know it's RNG, but with this 60 box limit per day and the previous shop bug (not being able to purchase more than 1 craft ring) it's pretty much a middle finger to the less lucky players..

What are you thoughts on this? Will we be able to finish the ring with the upcoming events?

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    I believe the jewelcrafting event will be back in some form or another in the future.
    We had it years ago. Back then, you could only craft up to S rings, and they were still considered pretty strong.
    Now we had two of these events in close succession, with the SS ring.
    Nexon likes to recycle events, so this probably will come back at some point, but it could take a long time. Probably at least a year. No knowing whether the SS ring will still be worth working for by then.

I do hate these pure RNG events. It's just not fair that one can do them with utmost diligence and end up with nothing. I've suggested before that such events need to have a "diligence backstop", http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/1098/rng-events-should-have-a-diligence-backstop/p1
    BooberpuppyLair
  • AntroxiousAntroxious
    Reactions: 870
    edited January 2017
    Very sorry to hear you didn't know, but with the Party quest event (Which you could also solo DIPQ for), you could get another 40 V-coins per day. And from doing 5x DIPQ you'd get about 100-150 vboxes, depending on your droprate %. From this, you could also get a V-coin coupon, giving you 10 V coins. So you could get 11 boxes per day, not 6.

I've been doing the SS ring attempt since the beginning too, and was unlucky too. But this is Maplestory, and everything that is strong is RNG. This is a choice you decided to take to get something strong. Keep the items untill the next SS ring event comes along and then go for it again.

The only thing I really agree on is that it'd be a nice chance for the odds to increase a small bit by every failure. But if you do this too much, everything that is OP won't be as hard to obtain anymore.
  • BrendiruBrendiru
    edited January 2017
    Thanks for the tips, and yeah, maybe I should've looked into this party quest event, I just don't like the whole concept (even tho I tend to run DIPQs for event drops). I certainly won't drop any ring or jewel that I have.

Fortunately, I got the vengance ring in time, since I'm playing on reboot, it gives a really nice range boost with 21% stat.
  • AntroxiousAntroxious
    Reactions: 870
    edited January 2017
    See, that's a good ring!. There's a new coin shop coming up, the New Year coin shop. Pray for yourself that it has the SS ring in it again, who knows.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited January 2017
    I know that WoW does progressive chance RNG stuff now. I've experienced it and I like it, knowing that if I put my heart and soul in to the game, eventually I'll get my prize, even if it is a little later than some others were granted. In other words, after a while of severe daily grinding, you're pretty much guaranteed at least some consolation for your efforts. There is still that factor of good/bad luck that gets some people the goodies before others, which grants some excitement for possibility, and smearing one's luck in everyone else's face because you got it first.

And then here we have Maplestory, which gets outright ridiculous with how terrible its RNG can treat you. Smart MMOs are doing this progressive thing to keep players interested, and so should Maple. Yes, I agree that they should not make it TOO easy, but when the requirements span over days or even effin WEEKS, you should give your dog a damn bone for all that hard work. These people are passionate enough about the game to deserve something like that. I've seen people outright quit the game over this stuff because they felt completely jipped out of a prize and lost of hours and hours of time of dedicated efforts with no avail, while their few lucky friend have the goods, simply because they got lucky, and some times at a small fraction of the time otherwise put in by many others.

There is an element of unfairness here that is way our of balance...to say nothing of that moon bunny being in the spaghetti event hall, where some absolutely dare not trudge. That was total BS that they did not move it to a better and more accessible location.Shame on Nexon for not getting that fixed IMMEDIATELY.
  • ShiroiSenkouShiroiSenkou
    Reactions: 580
    edited January 2017
    At least you got 3.

I can't even attempt the jewel crafting, since the event hall is all f'ed up for me and a lot of other people.

I sure hope Nexon remember to include the SS ring on the next marvel machine ;)
  • OrblitOrblit
    Reactions: 970
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Spent around 4,000 Vcoins on RNG damage skin boxes, I only wanted vanishing journey. I received every other damage skin a minimum of 5 times, and 0 of the vanishing journey. Never will I use coins on RNG again.
  • BrendiruBrendiru
    edited January 2017
    Aww, sorry to hear that. I hope you'll get another chance to obtain the damage skin. Btw I failed so many 70% attempts with grade C jewels, that it really makes no sense how 30% could proc so many times, but ONLY when it affected me negatively, lol.
  • Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 2,065
    edited January 2017
    Got it in the last day. Lucky af. I got 3 S rings from the first VVekend Perks 3x coins event and 2 weeks later i got the last one...i wanted lachlein dmg skin so much doe...not tradable either. Sucks...
    http://i.imgur.com/EqiO836.png
    So purrty and easy to read. But i guess the ring was worth it. Took me 1200 coins. Give or take a couple hundreds.