[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Event hall Lag

Comments

• nenenenenenenenenene
    Reactions: 1,095
    edited January 2017
    I am surprised that I'd be the first to mention this fix: open the quest list light bulb and the star icon from the left and clear up and forfeit them as much as you can (mine has only 3 left). The event hall lag will go away.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited January 2017
    Perhaps there is just not enough incentive present to do the extra job of adding a workaround for this event's shop outside the spaghetti hall like they did with the V coin store. Perhaps they are just focused on other things of higher Nexon priority *coughcashshopcough*

The very first V event was of extreme importance and the V coin shop with all of its goodies was a pivotal selling point to get people corralled back in for the Big Taco Grande V release. Without the shop easily accessible, they would have lost crazy amounts of player interest, thus all those obscene profits gone right down the drain. This event hall issue has obviously been shelved as low priority, because the hype is over, and NX Murica's bank account is already filled up again from the first round of V craze. They have plenty of wiggle room for irate Maplers leaving (temporarily) now.

NPC in event hall code is what they were handed down from their Korean overlords, and so it is what they plugged in, "just leave it be, we'll get to it later, they'll get over it, as usual, we're doing fine right now anyways" is what it looks like they are thinking, at least to me. I will be absolutely STUNNED if they bother to cater to our needs on this issue before the event is done and long gone.
  • StéphyStéphy
    Reactions: 1,440
    edited January 2017
    It's been a huge lagzone for over 2 years.
    They probably don't know how to fix it.
    It's indeed best to jus transfer the npc/shop outside to a certain town.
    For now i don't even know what i'm collecting those coins for as i cannot check the shop. Owell the loveletters and traits u get out of them are nice i guess.
    MaverickRed
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited January 2017
    An idea i got would maybe do to re-make the map or instead make like the shortcut in the towns for some of the NPCS, maybe make like cassandra in henesy, gaga in perion and something like that if the same lag would occour, or even make a small map for each of the NPCs can help...(cassandra's room, gaga's room and so on). And all shops be at least on main towns like henesys/leafre.
  • KingDragonKingDragon
    Reactions: 2,005
    edited January 2017
    I've heard it was the maple admin that caused the lag due to the coin exchange
    (something about scaning your inventory for coins that you can exchange)
    the lag wasent nearly as bad untill then

possible fix: move her to a new map and call it the "Admin's Office"
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2017
    -removed-
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited January 2017
    I never lagged in Event Hall until the V update. Now with the most recent patch, I only get 1 frame every 5 seconds. I'm completely unable to participate in any events that require going into Event Hall now.
  • MaverickRedMaverickRed
    Reactions: 800
    edited January 2017
    Stéphy
    Stéphy said:

It's been a huge lagzone for over 2 years.
    They probably don't know how to fix it.
    It's indeed best to jus transfer the npc/shop outside to a certain town.
    For now i don't even know what i'm collecting those coins for as i cannot check the shop. Owell the loveletters and traits u get out of them are nice i guess.
    What Stephy said, the Event Hall has always been a lag zone since it was introduced though I can remember it being less laggy only 2 times in the past. NX needs to move any event NPCs out and place them in towns instead of putting them in the Lag Hall. Having been told "it's under investigation" is only a way to placate the community but we won't fall for that ever, only if we keep this thread alive will someone (hopefully) will listen and do something (again hopefully but not holding my breath).
  • SaiyajinSaiyajin
    Reactions: 640
    edited January 2017
    I've been having the same problem for a while now. As much as i would like to collect coins and such, it's useless if i can't get to the shop.
    Qilby
  • LinzyPinzyLinzyPinzy
    Reactions: 105
    edited January 2017
    mon0: "Honestly It's your CPU that is causing the Event Hall lag, I'm willing to bet most of you who have event hall lag are using laptops, and it has to do with your CPU I 3 systems I have tested this with 2 laptops and 1 Desktop My HP Elitebook 8540w is running a i7 CPU has no event hall lag however my Dell Latitude is running a Intel Pentium 1.73Ghz CPU This laptop has Event hall lag. I also have a custom built Hackintosh system that has a Intel i7 4970K CPU and has no event hall lag."

StayGold: "I don't lag in Event Hall.
    I replaced my 8-year old Toshiba laptop (Windows Vista Home with an Intel Pentium Processor) with a Dell Inspiron (Windows 7 Pro) running an i5 processor with 8GB RAM.
    It might be an issue with your computer (OS-related or specs) rather than the NPCs, imo.."

Wow, I can actually post now for the first time in a year.....

No, its not spec related. I run a i7, 12gb ram, sshd, zotec 2gb vid card. I can run about anything flawlessly. The recent frame rate drop for me... happened with this new update. It used to be bad, but not that bad.

• MomTeresaMomTeresa
    Reactions: 1,585
    edited January 2017
    they fixed it one time. please fix it again.
  • GengarGengar
    Reactions: 800
    edited January 2017
    I've been on multiple characters and tested it
    the chars I barely/never use get in just fine
    the chars I use frequently, can't get in.
    There is a definitely a quest/quests that have an effect on getting into the event hall properly...
  • xRenZiiexRenZiie
    Reactions: 675
    edited January 2017
    The game gets more unstable by the second! Can't train without constant lag and d/c. Can barely do the daily V reward, and can barely stay on 20min to make fireworks without disconnecting. This game is beyond the most unstable game I have ever played. Game cannot handle full map attacks without crashing, Game cannot handle i/l 5th job skills ether. The only thing you can do without disconnecting in log on and stand very VERY very still. And Countdown to Bingo? more like countdown to crashing.
    I don't want to hear any excuses on why the game so unstable I already know. JUST FOR THE LOVE OF GOD if you would be so kind and fix the game because it seems like the last update made it worse.

.... I would have to live next to nexon severs for less lag and no delay.
  • VaazaVaaza
    Reactions: 425
    edited January 2017
    Lag feels like 800+ ping in game every day since new year's patch..Which is hilarious when you think about how the only thing Nexon can do consistently is lag.
  • 2Pro4You2Pro4You
    Reactions: 510
    edited January 2017
    FIX EVENT HALL!image
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited January 2017
    I don't lag in the Event hall...strange enough....very strange...
  • MJarmoMJarmo
    Reactions: 240
    edited January 2017
    Well, they ignore this thing the same way, that they ignore the issues with 1/18 patch. They don't have lags, so it's players fault. They can run MS, so it's players fault, that you have to open MS sometimes even 7 times to run the game. Of course, sometimes it starts with first try, but it's still your fault. Maybe we should do turn on the safe mode (it's without the network) or defragmentate our hard disc, this may help, if not, it's still ok, so it's your fault poor player...

EDIT: And by the way, the Event hall lag problem is known for a long time, and they always say the same thing :)
  • CornutzCornutz
    Reactions: 615
    edited January 2017
    Yea. Event hall is pissing me off. I can't do Mr. Lee's airline quests, fuse my jewels to get an SS Ring, go into the new shops, and talk to Cassandra. Also, the people that's saying its your laptop's fault, It may be true but it wasn't always laggy. I remember i could go in there lagg free, during the treasure portal event with my same shitty laptop and then these last couple of events they messed everything up. They can fix it. They just choose not too.
  • MJarmoMJarmo
    Reactions: 240
    edited January 2017
    Yeah, it's simply easier to say to the player "it's your fault", than take the responsibility for errors.
    Gengar
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited January 2017
    The responsibility is squarely on Nexon to make accommodations with their code to be more compatible with people's computer systems. Right now, it's just based on if you happen to have the right computer components, and far as we know, they're doing f--k all about it. It is pathetic because the most fun part of the game for a lot of people (events) have been reduced to that lottery. We have enough RNG issues as is, so we don't need this on top of it all.