[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How many of you use the Auction House?

FennekinFennekin
Reactions: 2,941
Member, Private Tester
edited January 2017 in General Chat
Just wondering.

I was flat broke for the past week cuz I blew it all on honor guarantees trying to get +1 attack speed (still don't have it, btw...) and no one was buying my junk on the Auction House (mostly sweetwater stuff and superior gollux stuff). Then one night I decide to try setting up my permit in the Free Market, and everything sells by the time I wake up...same price I put it up for in the Auction House, too. And they were at below-average prices, I'm pretty sure.

I was sorta hoping Auction House would become the new Free Market (at least for items with a pretty set street price), but eh. Are some people still unable to get into the Auction House? Or do a lot of people just not know about it?
  1. Do you use the Auction House more often than the Free Market?33 votes
    1. Yes
       79% (26 votes)
    2. No
       21% (7 votes)

Comments

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited January 2017
    I no longer purchase Permit Shops, Hired Merchants, or advertise my items through chat methods in the Free Market Entrance due to past experiences with harassment which involves vulgar language and threatened to be "locked out of my character" via hacks.

I have zero issues with the Auction House besides the input search lag when it assumes the item you're trying to search. Otherwise I have been able to sell items on demand such as Mu Gong's Guaranteed Medal of Honor or Rose Clippings.

I haven't heard about any players within my alliance about complaining not being able to access the Auction House so it's probably not common knowledge to the average player.
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited January 2017
    Oh yeah! That exists.
  • GlirotusGlirotus
    Reactions: 1,520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Afraid of buying ill-legit items or ill-legit scrolled items or duped items etc... So I don't use it not after the MTS fiasco.
    JettLuvsU
  • DreamWeaverDreamWeaver
    Reactions: 1,435
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    I hate to make myself sound like a "noob" (you have no idea how much I hate that word, btw), but I tried using it and couldn't access it at all - no mouse over indication or anything. Is it only accessible in non-Reboot worlds? I can't seem to find current information about it.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited January 2017
    @DreamWeaver Since trading is disabled in Reboot, the Auction House should be disabled too.
    DreamWeaver
  • TanyaTanya
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited January 2017
    I like the new auction house. I use both that and fm shop for selling, and find that my equips & crafting supplies tend to sell better in fm, any use items (special potions, exp buffs) sell just as well in auction house. I like that if I disconnect from the game my things can still be sold. I also like that you can manage it from any character you are playing. Oh and I like that it is completely free. I am happy knowing that if my shop expires, I will still be able to make mesos.
  • MekMek
    Reactions: 1,170
    edited January 2017
    I use the auction house and I really like it, truly useful without spending nx for shops. I've been able to sell a lot of stuff and it's going great at least for me. The problem with the auction house is that people search for that particular item and in free market they are able to see a bunch of different items that they might buy because can be useful, although they might not need it in that exact moment.
  • Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 2,065
    edited January 2017
    Yep. A big thumbs up to AH thingy. Very useful. I spend more time in there than i do with the dailies and training, lol.
  • ShakaAlekShakaAlek
    Reactions: 970
    edited January 2017
    I like the Auction House a lot, it's one of the things that helped me the most after the transfer from ems. Not buying nx, if I got any good drops, selling them was always kinda hard, especially for a decent price. The buy tabs in fm shops have really low prices compared to the ones you would get from owning a shop yourself (cubic blades for example). And without AH, if there was no one buying through the buy tab you had to spam the chat in fm, usually finding someone that wanted a ripoff price even worse than the ones in buy tabs just because you didn't have a shop. Making mesos like that was really hell. So yay for auction house!

Anyway, since I still lack funding and am almost always completely broke, when I need to buy something I check both fm and ah to see where I can get stuff cheaper.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited January 2017
    I do use and i like it, beying able to sell things and search in category than the specific item, i made a good mesos of it, even tought shops are still better due to less tax, so if people have stuff that are worth bilions than it's not that worth. Overall i think it's great, a lot more itens can be sold easyer on the market overall.