[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Images are back!

SaygoSaygo
Reactions: 825
Administrator, Nexon
edited January 2017 in General Chat
We are testing out the forums with images again. We moved to BBCode instead of HTML. So we have access to some of the same tools as the old forums. Try it out. Let us know if you spot any issues. Thanks!

giphy.gif

FennekinJettLuvsURikoLatté

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2017
    So what of existing posts that used HTML? Are they just forever broken and illegible?
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited January 2017
    Woo-hoo!
    i4e22iu.gif
    JettLuvsU
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    So what of existing posts that used HTML? Are they just forever broken and illegible?

You are, of course, welcome to edit them by hand.

Just as we're all graciously allowed to copy entire threads over from the old forums. For another five days.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2017
    EQkans0.png

At last.
  • SaygoSaygo
    Administrator, Nexon
    edited January 2017

Hi! We rolled this forum update out on the Vindi forums a couple weeks ago. It seemed like all old HTML on the new forums were converted to BBCode. No one complained that their old forum threads were still missing images. I also looked at some of the older threads on here and they seemed to have their images back. Let us know if you notice anything.

tumblr_lo3c3p72lY1qg28dg.gif
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited January 2017
    I don't feel like digging around in my post history, so I'll just take you at your word for now.

I am, however, going to see if huge images are still automatically resized for the page
    M7TNfyg.jpg

Success
    Saygo
  • SaygoSaygo
    Administrator, Nexon
    edited January 2017
    I don't feel like digging around in my post history, so I'll just take you at your word for now.

2nuFCkf.png
    7XD1VY0.png
    ZTUV2CE.png
    Worried+001.gif
    _Cas_RikoLatté
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited January 2017
    Saygo wrote: »

2nuFCkf.png
    7XD1VY0.png
    ZTUV2CE.png
    Worried+001.gif

VZD2m.gif
    SaygoRikoLatté
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited January 2017
    HappyTrump.jpg

President Trump approves
    TubaArwen
  • iNatiNat
    Reactions: 1,480
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    next step is to fix the images in player ranking
    chaoscauser
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited January 2017
    Seems like @ mentions are broken
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Aggraphine, yeah, I don't think basic BBcode has them.
  • 암호암호
    Reactions: 320
    edited January 2017
    When can we expect Tables to work again? I kind of need them in the Mabinogi forums.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited January 2017
    암호 wrote: »
    When can we expect Tables to work again? I kind of need them in the Mabinogi forums.

There is a [noparse][/noparse] function in BBCode, however I do not believe this is enabled in our particular version. I would suggest bringing it up with Sabina if you need it for the Mabinogi forums, she may be able to help you more easily than we can.
  • _Cas__Cas_
    Reactions: 1,160
    edited January 2017
    Neospector wrote: »

There is a [noparse][/noparse] function in BBCode, however I do not believe this is enabled in our particular version. I would suggest bringing it up with Sabina if you need it for the Mabinogi forums, she may be able to help you more easily than we can.

Just a quick question,

Because of the changes with the forum code, is this the reason why the forums&website are no longer 'secure' ?
    I recently had to uninstall my internetsecurity program because it kept blocking maplestory website and forums web pages, and didn't realize until now that this was the reason. It was secure before, but since the lockdown of options and the changes within the forum, i can no longer access any of Nexon.Net pages without completely uninstalling my security program first... The only 'secure' page is the support page, but it redirects me to the normal nexon site when i try to login and that login page is also unsecure...
    Will this be sorted soon? I'd really like to change my passwords as soon as possible...

pqHPG0a.png

• NeospectorNeospector
    edited January 2017
    _Cas_ wrote: »
    Just a quick question,

Because of the changes with the forum code, is this the reason why the forums&website are no longer 'secure' ?
    I recently had to uninstall my internetsecurity program because it kept blocking maplestory website and forums web pages, and didn't realize until now that this was the reason. It was secure before, but since the lockdown of options and the changes within the forum, i can no longer access any of Nexon.Net pages without completely uninstalling my security program first... The only 'secure' page is the support page, but it redirects me to the normal nexon site when i try to login and that login page is also unsecure...
    Will this be sorted soon? I'd really like to change my passwords as soon as possible...

pqHPG0a.png

The site uses an http connection rather than an https connection. Typically this just means that data sent over these specific pages is not encrypted. Login pages are most definitely secure:
    mbRYryx.png
    The support page requires that you log in before you proceed with creating a ticket. Since you were already logged in to the main website, it did this automatically and redirected you.

As for why the site is like this, I don't know. It may be personal preference, or a money-saving method, or none of the above. However, your login information and billing information is secure.
  • _Cas__Cas_
    Reactions: 1,160
    edited January 2017
    _Cas_ wrote: »
    Just a quick question,

pqHPG0a.png

The site uses an http connection rather than an https connection. Typically this just means that data sent over these specific pages is not encrypted. Login pages are most definitely secure:
    mbRYryx.png
    The support page requires that you log in before you proceed with creating a ticket. Since you were already logged in to the main website, it did this automatically and redirected you.

As for why the site is like this, I don't know. It may be personal preference, or a money-saving method, or none of the above. However, your login information and billing information is secure.

I see, thank you :)

I did already check yesterday and the login page was saying unsecure so i guess it had already been changed, or my browser was being iffy; who knows. But i just checked the login page again and its telling me its secure so im happy now ^ ^ Thanks again.

Edit: The 'support' page login still says the website is unsecure - but i guess i will use the auto login with the website when using the support.
    RvjcKEt.png
  • 암호암호
    Reactions: 320
    edited January 2017

Fair enough. I'll message her tomorrow then, I figured OneLetter would be more appropriate to ask since s/he seems to be the head hancho for the forums based on appearance. Thanks.
  • StéphyStéphy
    Reactions: 1,440
    edited February 2017
    Thank you guys for this. Good to be able to post this again. Imo it cheers up the forum.
    Besides that may i ask if you guys are working on the ability to use our own avatars? Or is that something which won't be added now.

Anyways as Tyrion would say: Well done.
    EjDEx.gif
  • RikoLattéRikoLatté
    Reactions: 520
    edited February 2017
    iNat wrote: »
    next step is to fix the images in player ranking

oh yes please