[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nerf Northen Heights please (Reboot)

Drakeos99Drakeos99
Reactions: 1,625
edited January 2017 in General Chat
I'm currently TRYING to find good way to farm meso and EVERYTIME i check NH always TAKEN by script kiddies and AFK botters :( can we PLEASE nerf this place already kinda unfair for those trying to find decent spot to make mesos to cube/and stuff ...

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    How is nerfing Northern Heights going to help you farm more meso than you do now?
  • Drakeos99Drakeos99
    edited January 2017
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

How is nerfing Northern Heights going to help you farm more meso than you do now?
    i'm only earning 60m a day by bossing and NH people earns 150m an hour with meso's gear which seems unfair ? nerf meso's in NH and beef up mesos from bossing would solve problem on reboot and stops AFKers from camping place 24 hours a day
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited January 2017
    Dude...that would just make the farmers move somewhere else...and make NH no good...aka nobody wins in that situation :T (I make a good amount from just doing Arcane and bosses)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    If NH gets nerfed then the botters won't go there but you won't either, because it'll be useless. So nerfing it isn't going to help you make more meso.

If you want bossing meso to be increased, you should ask for that directly. Not ask for NH to be nerfed.
    Lair
  • ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited January 2017
    Drakeos99
    Drakeos99 said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

i'm only earning 60m a day by bossing and NH people earns 150m an hour with meso's gear which seems unfair ? nerf meso's in NH and beef up mesos from bossing would solve problem on reboot and stops AFKers from camping place 24 hours a day
    I can see where you are coming from BUT
    you should put this in your original post at the top where everybody can see.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited January 2017
    Nerfing NH is not an end-all solution, though. I believe the point is that if you take away one thing from the botters, they will just relocate to the next best thing. NH is just a dumping ground for what's already going to happen with these crooks. In other words, botters gonna bot. Might as well leave a magnet in place to attract them away from other places that would cause even bigger disruptions.

Besides, NH is boring as hell. There are other ways to farm mesos, anyway. My god, they are handing out meso sacks like candy right now and I've made hundreds of millions from them already in the last month or two. Get creative. lern2save, and gain some patience. It goes a long way.
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Frankly they should remove the meso cap for reboot. mesos on monsters keep increasing along with everything else, up to a certain point. Then, the mesos stop. Meso bags only drop valued at 6-8k for the entire rest of the game. I don't know about the main game, but reboot shouldn't have this. Reboot has no ways to earn mesos without things to sell to other players, and there aren't enough things on reboot that were given value where they had none on the main servers.

On reboot, since mesos are progress now instead of money and trading, more emphasis should be placed on getting mesos for actually playing the game.
  • ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited January 2017
    To be fair, this is what grind is suppose to be like.

Chinese farmers even farm meso at some of the most uncommon spots so they have a disadvantage but they still do it anyways.

But they have dedication and that is how they are rich.
  • HertzianHertzian
    Reactions: 520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    No, they should boost other maps so we have more than 1 decent option.
    Drakeos99
  • Drakeos99Drakeos99
    edited January 2017
    Hertzian wrote: »
    No, they should boost other maps so we have more than 1 decent option.

Acually totally agree boost other maps like MP3/Krexel place
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited January 2017
    @Drakeos99 Considering Krexel area is one of the most botted places I have ever seen...No.
  • Drakeos99Drakeos99
    edited January 2017
    Or boost some places from 100-150 ?