[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Separate Reboot rankings from main server rankings

PeepPeep
Reactions: 3,950
edited January 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
As the title says, separate reboot from the ranks. Why you ask?

"Monsters in Reboot world are strong but give more EXP when defeated."

I never understood why Reboot remained on the official ranks when they simply do not deserve to be on there and simply shouldn't. Ignoring the fact that Reboot is infested with hackers and botters who have cheated their way up the fact of the matter is Reboot gets more exp from monsters. When you consider the fact that most funded players are going to 1 shot or close to 1 shot the monsters regardless of additional hp they have a considerable advantage when competing on the ranks.

Please remove them asap thanks.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2017
    If you think Reboot is the only server "infested with hackers and botters who have cheated their way up", then you are woefully inattentive.

The fact that people get caught botting more than once and aren't removed from the rankings makes the whole shebang basically a farce.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    I've pushed for this in the past. KTBN said he'd bring it up for discussion but then we haven't heard anything about it. And the rank images have been broken forever so I don't think they're prioritizing it. :(

Regardless of cheaters, I think the ranks should be separated just because of the different EXP rate and general difference in progression of the servers. Luna was able to get their own ranks, Reboot should be given the same treatment for everyone's fairness.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited January 2017
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    If you think Reboot is the only server "infested with hackers and botters who have cheated their way up", then you are woefully inattentive.

The fact that people get caught botting more than once and aren't removed from the rankings makes the whole shebang basically a farce.

You know I already know other servers have heaps too but that wasn't the main point. It is however a fact that Reboot is by far the most infested hacker/botter server in all of GMs.

They do get removed now after a single ban, but getting people banned now is near impossible. As I've said in previous threads I have reports dating back 3 months and they have not been resolved despite all tickets made have been set as "resolved". It's incredibly irritating that they never follow up on it when players take the time and effort to create video evidence and file a detailed report. They say they're on the watch list but nothing ever gets done. Already 3 botters have hit 250 in the past 2 weeks with about 5+ more on their way. Nexon is simply no where to be seen. Never have they been so bad at dealing with them. How does a botter even make it to 250 seriously...?

@SadVirgin

Yeah I remember a thread being made but I wanted to bring it up again. Surely it can't be that hard when they have already done it with EU.
  • kimchikimchi
    Reactions: 540
    edited January 2017
    Agreed. At higher ranges, reboot players are basically on 3x exp. I've heard the argument that because it takes so long to actually get to those end-game ranges, the higher leveling rate balances out. But really, reboot maplers and regular server maplers aren't on the same playing ground; 3x exp is too significant to overlook.