[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Do fire poison mages still require skill quests?

Dark20Dark20
Reactions: 1,060
edited January 2017 in General Chat
Because fire mages needed to complete quests to get fire demon to unlock infrit and to quest for meteor shower, or was that changed prior to red update?

Comments

• FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Pretty sure they removed all the skill unlock quests and just have them unlocked automatically, even though the maple tip still shows up saying some need to be unlocked lol. Assuming you're talking about the fourth job Explorer skills and not the grindy Cygnus Knight skill.
    Dark20
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    As far as I can recall, skill quests went away in Big Bang.
    I'm not 100% sure about that, but I do know they've been gone a long long time.
    Dark20
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited January 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

Okay thanks!
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited January 2017
    Fennekin wrote: »
    Pretty sure they removed all the skill unlock quests and just have them unlocked automatically, even though the maple tip still shows up saying some need to be unlocked lol. Assuming you're talking about the fourth job Explorer skills and not the grindy Cygnus Knight skill.

Okay thanks! I don't like cygnus anymore, as you don't get to summon elemental spirits to follow you around anymore.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

They went away in the RED update.

But that doesn't excuse the fact that you would've had to be living under a rock for the past three-and-a-half, almost four, years to not realize that you no longer had to do any quests to get new skills.
    Dark20 wrote: »
    Okay thanks! I don't like cygnus anymore, as you don't get to summon elemental spirits to follow you around anymore.

If all you're going to do is complain about how you don't like any changes ever to the game's classes, maybe now's a good time to uninstall. As AKradian has said in one of your other complaint-fest threads, there will never come a point where classes don't receive revamps, skill balancing or otherwise general changes. If that doesn't jive well with you, then you're never quite going to enjoy yourself playing anymore, so why put yourself through that?
  • OthidistOthidist
    Reactions: 685
    edited February 2017
    I use a fire poison mage, but it is full of green...distractions? Anyway, there is still one quest skill that you don't auto have and that is the Echo of hero. This skill gives a buff for 40 minutes and explorers still have to go to Orbis tower to get it I believe. That would include fire poison mages. Hope that was helpful :D
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited February 2017
    Othidist wrote: »
    I use a fire poison mage, but it is full of green...distractions? Anyway, there is still one quest skill that you don't auto have and that is the Echo of hero. This skill gives a buff for 40 minutes and explorers still have to go to Orbis tower to get it I believe. That would include fire poison mages. Hope that was helpful :D

R

Really? I just checked that fire demon was removed and there's no need to get it to unlock infrit. So is there a guide to getting echo of hero?
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited February 2017
    Oops, I accidentally double quoted.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Dark20 wrote: »
    Oops, I accidentally double quoted.

To edit your posts after you've submitted them, click on the gear-wheel icon on the top right of the post, and select "Edit".
  • OthidistOthidist
    edited February 2017
    Echo of Hero is generally a skill for all characters and the quest for earning it on ALL explorers is the same. To start it you simply need to be at level 200 and accept a job related quest to see the statue on the 16th floor of Orbis tower. To check on the quest go to the quest notifications for "available quests" under the tag for job related quests, which you should always try to keep at 0 as each one of those is very rewarding. There are no further quests in the chain except talking to the NPC.

In addition to removing the 3rd class fire summon there is a venomous slime mob that duplicates itself unto each defeated enemy within range for up to 60 seconds. It attacks other mobs, is completely unrelated to Ifrit and can be used at the same time as the other summon. Unfortunately it has a cool down. It actually functions similarly to the battle mage's reaper mob summons if you want an idea on what its like to use.
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited February 2017
    Echo of Hero is generally a skill for all characters and the quest for earning it on ALL explorers is the same. To start it you simply need to be at level 200 and accept a job related quest to see the statue on the 16th floor of Orbis tower. To check on the quest go to the quest notifications for "available quests" under the tag for job related quests, which you should always try to keep at 0 as each one of those is very rewarding. There are no further quests in the chain except talking to the NPC.

In addition to removing the 3rd class fire summon there is a venomous slime mob that duplicates itself unto each defeated enemy within range for up to 60 seconds. It attacks other mobs, is completely unrelated to Ifrit and can be used at the same time as the other summon. Unfortunately it has a cool down. It actually functions similarly to the battle mage's reaper mob summons if you want an idea on what its like to use.

I remember the summon reaper buff which was replaced by a new skill that summons a mini reaper that follows you and every job advancement, it takes less mobs to kill for the reaper's attack to activate and it takes out most mobs around you most of the time. It's actually more useful than the former summon reaper buff, which only had a 10% chance of summoning them every attack. They also removed battle mage's twister spin, which really sucks.

Look at what they did to wild hunters too. Now jaguar skills have cool downs, making the jaquar ride obsolete. What's the point of the jaguar skills if they're gonna add cool downs on them?

It looks like they didn't do much to demon slayer, lumi, angelic buster, kana and hayato, kaiser, xeonon, mercedes, phantom (other than the removal of the tempest cards twister skill at 4th job which is stupid of nexon to do, just like removing beam skills), and cannoneers, which are the only class I know of right now after black heaven update that still has a beam skill.
  • OthidistOthidist
    edited February 2017
    Yes the death of twister and tempest cards was very saddening. Cool downs were also a tragedy. Sometimes I wish the meteor, blizzard, genesis and dark genesis were spammable...