[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Did they remove mihile's beam skill?

Dark20Dark20
Reactions: 1,060
edited January 2017 in General Chat
I saw ayumilove's mihile skill guide and noticed that mihile's laser beam skill is gone.

Comments

• Dark20Dark20
    edited January 2017
    This game used to be fun after some new classes like mihile came out. Now even mihile lost some of his best skills like the beam attack. Kaiser got a nerf to the combo system forcing players to hotkey instead. Mechanics also lost his laser beam skill in tank mode. What's next nexon? Nerf even more classes? This isn't even a revamp. I'm better off playing pokemon sun.

Instead of wasting time making a 5th job advancement and adding a lvl 250 cap, why not focus on making classes fun again and fixing game crashes everytime you select another character and lag?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    How about instead of repeatedly complaining about everything that's changed in the game in the past few years, you either adapt to it or go back to Pokemon?
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited January 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    How about instead of repeatedly complaining about everything that's changed in the game in the past few years, you either adapt to it or go back to Pokemon?

How about nexon fix these issues?
  • UzumeUzume
    Reactions: 2,525
    edited January 2017
    It's vague as to what you want fixed. You want classes reverted back to how you liked them, but some people didn't prefer the classes like that, and by reverting them they'd be creating a mistake for other people. This isn't something they can "fix" when it's all up to preference of what version of the class you enjoyed.
    Your opinion is not fact.
    You don't need to keep creating threads talking about how you dislike the classes, one thread is fine.
    If you don't like how some classes have changed, either suck it up or quit. I know I did the latter.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Dark20 wrote: »

Which issues?
    The disconnects and lag I agree with you about. As do countless other threads in these forums and on the subreddit and basil and social media and in-game.

But you just added those in now. For about a dozen threads all you've been complaining about is the changes to the game.
    And in one of those you threatened to leave and I told you to do it, because Nexon is always changing stuff. Classes, bosses, areas, systems. You're guaranteed to not like at least some of the changes. Deal with it. Or leave.

• Dark20Dark20
    edited January 2017
    Uzume wrote: »
    It's vague as to what you want fixed. You want classes reverted back to how you liked them, but some people didn't prefer the classes like that, and by reverting them they'd be creating a mistake for other people. This isn't something they can "fix" when it's all up to preference of what version of the class you enjoyed.
    Your opinion is not fact.
    You don't need to keep creating threads talking about how you dislike the classes, one thread is fine.
    If you don't like how some classes have changed, either suck it up or quit. I know I did the latter.

Good job for leaving the game. I might as well too before it's too late.
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited January 2017

Which issues?
    The disconnects and lag I agree with you about. As do countless other threads in these forums and on the subreddit and basil and social media and in-game.

But you just added those in now. For about a dozen threads all you've been complaining about is the changes to the game.
    And in one of those you threatened to leave and I told you to do it, because Nexon is always changing stuff. Classes, bosses, areas, systems. You're guaranteed to not like at least some of the changes. Deal with it. Or leave.

I don't like how they got rid of the good skills that used to cover an entire row in a map. I've also noticed they added more cool downs to most skills on most classes. That just makes it more annoying to mob during training. My battle mage no longer has twister spin. It's so far the only class I've enjoyed since coming back. I haven't went back to my other classes yet so it's hard to say, but from what I saw in ayumilove's guides, they got nerfed really bad.

Also, cygnus knights used to have an on/off skill where you could summon the elemental spirits and it would follow you, attacking enemies, but now they're only time limited buffs and only appear briefly.

Face it, maplestory is dead. Just ask the people on gamefaqs.
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited January 2017
    Resistance classes already got a revamp a few years ago, so why mess it up?
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited January 2017
    Maplestory is far from dead. I think what you meant to say is that it is dead to you and your ilk on the far corner of the gaming galaxy known as GameFAQs.

Either adapt and find something you enjoy about the game or just go play something else, dude. Nexon is not going to change this game just because you are constantly pining over how things used to be.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2017
    Keep in mind that out of 9 total threads, 6 of them have been comments regarding class revamps. Please keep the amount of spam to a minimum; even if you do not like the revamps, you can say so in a single thread without creating duplicates. Further threads will be merged into this one to reduce spam.
    Relatedly, if you feel the need to add to existing posts or comments, please use the edit button located underneath the gear icon in the upper-right corner of the post.

Additionally, keep in mind that while feedback is appreciated, you are not the only person in the game; others very much like the revamps classes have received. I can vouch specifically that the removal of Mechanic and Mihile's lasers were widely considered a good thing; many players saw lasers as poor and, in particular, lazy design. Your opinions are no less valid, but many other players may challenge your opinions.

Finally, I encourage you to periodically check Orange Mushroom for the KMS patch notes; this will let you know of any upcoming balancing patches as well as revamps for all KMS classes (I.E. not Jett, Hayato, Beast Tamer, or Kanna) within a 6-month timeframe.
    SerisentLairscholar624SpiritDrakeos99
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited January 2017
    Seriously...only revamps that have consistently made me mad are Luminous (can we plz have its tele range back) and DA nerfing of Execution...the latter made me quit...but you just...gotta adapt or move on elsewhere.
    Dark20
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited January 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Seriously...only revamps that have consistently made me mad are Luminous (can we plz have its tele range back) and DA nerfing of Execution...the latter made me quit...but you just...gotta adapt or move on elsewhere.

They nerfed luminous teleport range and demon avenger? Wow....... Nexon continues to piss me off.
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited January 2017
    DeeMon wrote: »
    The amount of disconnects and crashes are incredible. It wasn't like this 13 hours ago... I literally cannot play for more than a minute right now, dood.

I know man. It wasn't until their usual unscheduled server maintenance that the game was better and more playable.
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited January 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    Keep in mind that out of 9 total threads, 6 of them have been comments regarding class revamps. Please keep the amount of spam to a minimum; even if you do not like the revamps, you can say so in a single thread without creating duplicates. Further threads will be merged into this one to reduce spam.
    Relatedly, if you feel the need to add to existing posts or comments, please use the edit button located underneath the gear icon in the upper-right corner of the post.

Additionally, keep in mind that while feedback is appreciated, you are not the only person in the game; others very much like the revamps classes have received. I can vouch specifically that the removal of Mechanic and Mihile's lasers were widely considered a good thing; many players saw lasers as poor and, in particular, lazy design. Your opinions are no less valid, but many other players may challenge your opinions.

Finally, I encourage you to periodically check Orange Mushroom for the KMS patch notes; this will let you know of any upcoming balancing patches as well as revamps for all KMS classes (I.E. not Jett, Hayato, Beast Tamer, or Kanna) within a 6-month timeframe.

I've heard of orange mushroom. So far nothing new in terms of classes. Kaiser is still semi playable as long as you use hotkeys. How is laser skills a bad thing? It makes sense for mechs to have laser blast cause they're operating machines. AP salvo only hits so very many enemies while with laser blast can wipe out most mobs in one row across one section
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited January 2017
    TBH I hated Mihiles crappy blast skills, they made him boring and slow. The much needed change in skill mechanics and skills made him way more fun IMO

the Luminus "nurf" was just a reversion/conversion from the Non-KMS Version of luminus to the KMS version of luminous (which had always been this way since release in KMS), same with Kaiser.

If you hate change, then honestly, MMO's are probably not for you. My only issue with nexon currently is the terrible amount of bugs and server instability.
    Ivangold
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »

They nerfed luminous teleport range and demon avenger? Wow....... Nexon continues to piss me off.

Demon Avenger has been changed v168; Reboot. Mihile was changed in this same update. If you haven't noticed the skills were gone at any point between December 2015 and now, then clearly it wasn't as big an issue as you'd like people to believe. I feel that this thread, along with your half-dozen other threads are just feigned outrage with no real purpose beyond getting attention or, as certain other individuals seem prone to doing, complaining for the sake of complaining and being negative.

Luminous was changed in, I believe, v178 Limitless, the update just before we got 5th jobs. It gave us the same exact functions that KMS has had for the class since its inception. Everyone has moved on at this point. It sucked at first but you make the best of it and move on with your life.

I've heard of orange mushroom. So far nothing new in terms of classes. Kaiser is still semi playable as long as you use hotkeys. How is laser skills a bad thing? It makes sense for mechs to have laser blast cause they're operating machines. AP salvo only hits so very many enemies while with laser blast can wipe out most mobs in one row across one section

How is it a bad thing? Look at old Mihile: you get to 3rd job and get a laser, seems alright doesn't it? Then you get to 4th job and you get literally the same skill with a different color and slightly more reach. It was lazy design. They took a 3rd job skill, tweaked a few aspects(damage, number of hits, number of targets, color, range etc) and slapped it into the 4th job tab and called it good. It. Was. Lazy.
    LairPetalmagicSpiritCatooolooo
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited January 2017
    Mihile's revamp would greatly appeal to those enjoy playing Tank classes in other MMO titles. His Royal Guard counter mechanic is difficult to master but results in dynamic gameplay. Although the ongoing server lag drastically decreases pulling off a successful counter-strike exponentially.
    JettLuvsUDark20ZeldaOfHyrule
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited February 2017
    So if laser skills were removed from mechanics and mihile, then do cannoneers still have cannon bazooka? That's a beam skill. This still doesn't justify nexon removing beam skills.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2017
    So if laser skills were removed from mechanics and mihile, then do cannoneers still have cannon bazooka? That's a beam skill. This still doesn't justify nexon removing beam skills.

Yes, Cannoneer still has Cannon Bazooka. And just because you think lazy game design is okay, doesn't mean everyone does, or should.
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited February 2017
    Aggraphine wrote: »

Yes, Cannoneer still has Cannon Bazooka. And just because you think lazy game design is okay, doesn't mean everyone does, or should.

I just like having skills that can take out an entire row of mobs. Let's hope they keep cannon bazooka.