[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

In-Account Trading

TheOutlanderTheOutlander
Reactions: 1,230
Member, Private Tester
edited January 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I saw a post a few weeks ago that I felt was receiving less attention than it should have. Why can't we trade items that would otherwise require PSoK or are untradeable to our other characters that maybe need these items. For example, a level 201 Aran on my account has several Nova capes for different jobs obtained from Magnus that would benefit my weaker characters, yet I can't pass them on because they need to be scissored and the NX I would need would probably reach the triple digits worth of dollars.
My suggestion is to make untradeable items at least tradeable within one's account at least once. Items excluded by this would be quest items and one-of-a-kind items.
  1. Should untradeable items be allowed to be exchanged to other characters on the same account.23 votes
    1. Yes
       96% (22 votes)
    2. No
       4% (1 vote)

Comments

• Drakeos99Drakeos99
    Reactions: 1,625
    edited January 2017
    This should also apply for Reboot :( so many nova gear when my other characters can benfit it better)
  • TheOutlanderTheOutlander
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    To relieve those who don't want to reply with long answers to this thread; I've included a poll with the same question in mind.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Been suggested many, many times.
    Nexon never responds.
    Catooolooo
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2017
    Drakeos99 wrote: »
    This should also apply for Reboot :( so many nova gear when my other characters can benfit it better)

Which would then defeat the purpose of Reboot. There is no transferring of most items between characters, be they on the same account or not.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Aggraphine wrote: »

Which would then defeat the purpose of Reboot. There is no transferring of most items between characters, be they on the same account or not.

That is incorrect.
    In Reboot, you can move any Use, ETC, or Setup items, as well as meso, through storage, same as other servers. And you can move Cash items, including equipment covers, through shared cash inventory or cash transfer events. The only thing you can't transfer between characters on the same account is (non Cash) equipment.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited January 2017
    Aggraphine wrote: »

actually, there's just no transferring of equipment.
    One of the purposes is that you get stronger equipment for and on the character you play.
  • TheOutlanderTheOutlander
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Well if we went by your way of thinking wouldn't bosses drop ONLY the equipment our specific class needs? The idea of character improvement is hindered if I need to complete a set and I keep getting only drops that my other less capable classes would need.
  • CobainCobain
    Reactions: 780
    edited February 2017
    It's actually nice to get some drops for other classes. If an Epic pot item happens to drop but I'm a warrior and it's for a bowman, I would like the option to transfer that pot to my gear. I understand that is completely possible if it only drops my class gear, but then you would get less gear. With being able to get other classes gear, you get more gear. :D
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited February 2017
    Well if we went by your way of thinking wouldn't bosses drop ONLY the equipment our specific class needs?

That's exactly what should be happening but ,since Nexon cant have the proper drop system in GMS Reboot, without destroying the drop tables and causing monster cards to disappear from the drops for everyone, they decided not to implement that.