[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Take event drops out of Chu Chu PQ

MayetalaMayetala
Reactions: 1,520
edited February 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Title.

First it was a problem with the New Year's bags, now it's an even WORSE problem with the various Valentine's Day items. In a party quest that requires quick, manual looting, whether you're lagging or not (which is a whole different topic), event drops do absolutely nothing to help. They just get in the way.
AKradianmjgj96FennekinHHG1Its2Sharp4UKerBansotJettLuvsUforumsareannoyingBooberpuppyGoomu

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Agreed. Looting in Chu Chu Island's "Hungry Muto" PQ is hard enough as it is, we don't need this trash cluttering things up.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited February 2017
    YES, totally this, 100% supported!

Spam the crap out this thread and spread this message 'till it gets noticed, folks. There are none out of none reasons for the event drops to occur in Muto PQ or any other similar instances for that matter.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    There are none out of none reasons for the event drops to occur in Muto PQ or any other similar instances for that matter.

Careful with the generalizations. There are no "other similar instances". Hungry Muto is the only place where we are required to manually loot items that expire quickly. In most other PQ's, event drops are harmless. And in DIPQ and Evo, event drops are actually desired.

• BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited February 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Careful with the generalizations. There are no "other similar instances". Hungry Muto is the only place where we are required to manually loot items that expire quickly. In most other PQ's, event drops are harmless. And in DIPQ and Evo, event drops are actually desired.

I gave no tense for that, meaning that statement wasn't specifically aimed toward only what is in play now, but also being open for future incoming game dynamics where said event drops interfere with gameplay, therefore it is not incorrect.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017

I gave no tense for that, meaning that statement wasn't specifically aimed toward only what is in play now, but also being open for future incoming game dynamics where said event drops interfere with gameplay, therefore it is not incorrect.

Nevertheless, you're aiming this thread at Nexon, and they won't read between your lines. They don't know how the game is played and so they can't understand what "other similar instances" are. Or will be. "Any place event drops interfere with gameplay" is practically Greek to them. In the unlikely event that they decide to read and implement the suggestion in this thread, including your post, they'll take event drops out of all PQ's, because that's easier than doing it only to Muto. And then RIP DIPQ and Evo Lab, which many people rely on for event drop farming.

It's better to keep the request to exactly what we want, because like in all the stories about deals with the devil or tricky genies, "be careful what you ask for."
  • DutchWarriorDutchWarrior
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited February 2017
    Same comment as on the other post: Sometimes, most of the times i think they hired timmie ( from south park) to organize the events...
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited February 2017
    The looting is brutal with the lag and event items do not help so I'm throwing in my support. I'm on your side.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited February 2017
    Yes please.

I was aiming for the fruit but all I got were the chocolates until the fruit was gone. This is very very annoying. The drop rate is bad enough as it is w/o lucky winter/drop gear, then there's manual looting. Please don't make it harder.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited February 2017
    I have to admit this was poor planning, event drops do need to be removed from the pq.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited February 2017
    Why can't they just enable pet looting for ChuChu PQ? I don't understand.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017

Because "challenge". Same reason why the drops disappear so quickly.
    Also, due to the mechanism where you lose what you collected if you loot something else, pet loot would not always be ideal.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited February 2017

Also, due to the mechanism where you lose what you collected if you loot something else, pet loot would not always be ideal.

I suppose you have a point. But i would rather have my pet loot everything because I can at least control which mobs I kill.... I can't control how long it will take for my character to loot before they disappear >.>

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017

I suppose you have a point. But i would rather have my pet loot everything because I can at least control which mobs I kill.... I can't control how long it will take for my character to loot before they disappear >.>

You can control which mobs you kill - except when you have the fruit tree there.
  • ArwenArwen
    Reactions: 2,030
    edited February 2017
    Just don't accept any even quest (Specially Cassandra special candy) before u enter the ChuChu PQ. It will less the event item drop . take off ur drop gears if u had them.
  • MayetalaMayetala
    Reactions: 1,520
    edited February 2017
    Arwen wrote: »
    Just don't accept any even quest (Specially Cassandra special candy) before u enter the ChuChu PQ. It will less the event item drop . take off ur drop gears if u had them.

The chocolates are the worst part of it all, and they're an automatic drop, no matter what quests you accept. They play a completely unnecessary animation when looted that makes you lag spike, and always get in the way of the other items. But you're right, if you don't accept anything you can prevent things like the love detectors dropping.