[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maple VVorld Record Event Rewards

MissMiss
Reactions: 1,025
edited February 2017 in General Chat
I've secured the spot as the World's Greatest Leveler in GRAZED! I was wondering, however, when the rewards will be handed out. Does anyone know?

Comments

• bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited February 2017
    i'm curious as well, i managed to land the premiere potion taster spot in Scania :).
  • MrHellbannMrHellbann
    Reactions: 780
    edited February 2017
    when will the event rewards be distributed?
  • CobainCobain
    edited February 2017
    I do believe the rewards will be handed out after the event ends. You can read more about it here: http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/20218/maplestory-v-appreciation-events-1-18-2-7
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Cobain wrote: »
    I do believe the rewards will be handed out after the event ends. You can read more about it here: http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/20218/maplestory-v-appreciation-events-1-18-2-7

The event already ended.
  • CobainCobain
    edited February 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

The event already ended.

You are correct. So the rewards should be handed out either during this maintenance, or the next one. They may also delay on handing them out until a later time (they are also working on fixing lag and stability issues which I honestly feel should take presidence over reward items from events).
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017

The event already ended.

You are correct. So the rewards should be handed out either during this maintenance, or the next one. They may also delay on handing them out until a later time (they are also working on fixing lag and stability issues which I honestly feel should take presidence over reward items from events).

What has that got to do with anything?
    The rewards from the events should be automatic and pre-programmed, just as the event itself runs with no need for human attention. And even if not, they would be handed out by the ops staff at Nexon America, while bugs are investigated by the developers in Korea, and lag/stability is a matter for devs (in Korea) or techs (in America).

Now, if you were to say that they are investigating the winners to make sure they were all legit, then that would be an acceptable reason to postpone the reward distribution.
  • CobainCobain
    edited February 2017

The event already ended.

What has that got to do with anything?
    The rewards from the events should be automatic and pre-programmed, just as the event itself runs with no need for human attention. And even if not, they would be handed out by the ops staff at Nexon America, while bugs are investigated by the developers in Korea, and lag/stability is a matter for devs (in Korea) or techs (in America).

Now, if you were to say that they are investigating the winners to make sure they were all legit, then that would be an acceptable reason to postpone the reward distribution.

That could possibly be, what they are doing. I know for a fact, that a lot of the records had to have been hacked. The numbers just aren't legit. Not to mention, within moments of the event going live, the record for some were set. Kinda hard to believe.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Nexon
    edited February 2017
    that's my guess at this point.
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited February 2017
    and also make sure the rewards make it to the people safely. won't do any good to secure a spot in a record if the game eats the prize. It's possible that they want to make sure it goes smoothly
  • AsylumAsylum
    Reactions: 880
    edited February 2017
    I wonder why rewards are being delayed nowadays when they used to give them out in the following maintenance. Live chat GM merely said they will give notice before rewards are distributed.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Nexon
    edited February 2017
    Asylum wrote: »
    I wonder why rewards are being delayed nowadays when they used to give them out in the following maintenance. Live chat GM merely said they will give notice before rewards are distributed.

well that sounds like an official answer, -sits back and waits-
  • ShyAllyShyAlly
    Reactions: 810
    edited February 2017

Did they actually explicitly say that? The only response I got was that they don't know, and I should check the home page for updates. Sadly, that statement is a catch-all.

Though as long as everyone hasn't received the rewards yet, it makes sense that Nexon will hand them out in a way similar to how they handed out the "big spender" rewards. So really instead of the home page we should be checking the maintenance notes every week.
  • AsylumAsylum
    Reactions: 880
    edited February 2017
    ShyAlly wrote: »

Did they actually explicitly say that? The only response I got was that they don't know, and I should check the home page for updates. Sadly, that statement is a catch-all.

Though as long as everyone hasn't received the rewards yet, it makes sense that Nexon will hand them out in a way similar to how they handed out the "big spender" rewards. So really instead of the home page we should be checking the maintenance notes every week.

Said they're awaiting updates from the game team, but there will be a notice before the rewards are distributed.
    They might just be checking for hackers/taking orders from KMS as AKradian stated.

Edit: Sigh, guess exploiters are still at it.
    4nh9pg7k32fy.png
    image credit to OrangesArePurple from reddit.
  • KnifeToKneeKnifeToKnee
    Reactions: 200
    edited February 2017
    Still haven't gotten my reward for holding the most damage skin uses...
  • PetePete
    Reactions: 560
    edited February 2017
    I hope we will get some info on this soon.
  • MrHellbannMrHellbann
    edited February 2017
    Still waiting also.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Nexon
    edited February 2017
    MrHellbann wrote: »
    Still waiting also.

saaaame. I do wish there was an official announcement of some sort on the forums or website about this just so we could know exactly what they're working on.

Edit: R2PBM4t.png
  • MrHellbannMrHellbann
    edited February 2017
    Still waiting.. what is taking so long?
  • PonPonPonPon
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited February 2017
    Next post about Scheduled Maintenance is up. No information regarding this event. Dam :<
  • ShyAllyShyAlly
    Reactions: 810
    edited February 2017
    PonPon wrote: »
    Next post about Scheduled Maintenance is up. No information regarding this event. Dam :<

Guess we'll try waiting until next week :3

In a related note - the Game Launcher related rewards were also not given out. I feel like Nexon's pretty slow at any events where the rewards come during maintenances.