[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I like when theres a complaint the reply is "quit"

NeoTokyoDudeNeoTokyoDude
Reactions: 1,240
edited September 2016 in General Chat
Kind of like the population is trying to kill itself off. Its not FUD, people actually tell complainers to be quiet and go away.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016

In seriousness, it depends on the nature of the complaint.
    If someone is constantly complaining about something that can't be changed, that's the only sensible answer. For example, if someone is constantly complaining about the cold weather, wouldn't you tell them, "So move somewhere warmer"? Complaining, in this case, serves no purpose but to annoy everyone else. (Unless it's communal complaining, where everyone is kvetching about the weather.)
  • LelouchyLelouchy
    Reactions: 305
    edited September 2016
    People usually don't want to let others talk bad about a game they've put countless/hours money into so they just say quit and stop moaning.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    I doubt people saying "quit" makes much of a difference all the bad changes over the years has done that. Unleashed enough said.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited September 2016
    Nexon nurtures the type of community where quitting is the best option for those who have any problems about their game. They don't care about what the community has to say, therefore, if someone doesn't like something, then their best course of action is to just quit if they feel that bothered by the issue. Because expecting a solution does not seem like a likely outcome.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2016
    I think it's more of when one person has seemingly a one-track mind when it comes to suggestions, where they talk about absolutely nothing outside of their one suggestion, constantly trying to reword it to make it sound like it's not the same thing they've been peddling for the past six months when, in reality, it is. And people get somewhat... well, annoyed, when there are four or so threads in varying sections of the forum, all worded differently but still trying to reach the same ends. And after so long, people just want that one person to stop posting threads that are always trying to word the same suggestion differently.

And if a company has, time and time again, done things that you, personally, feel are not good for the longevity of the game then yes, you ought to quit. Not only does no one want to hear constant bitching, but if they've burned you on numerous occasions, then perhaps it's time to take your hand away from the fire, no?
  • nenenenenenenenenene
    Reactions: 1,095
    edited September 2016
    It really depends on what you are complaining about.
    Its2Sharp4U
  • NeoTokyoDudeNeoTokyoDude
    Reactions: 1,240
    edited September 2016
    Aggraphine

I think it's more of when one person has seemingly a one-track mind when it comes to suggestions, where they talk about absolutely nothing outside of their one suggestion, constantly trying to reword it to make it sound like it's not the same thing they've been peddling for the past six months when, in reality, it is. And people get somewhat... well, annoyed, when there are four or so threads in varying sections of the forum, all worded differently but still trying to reach the same ends. And after so long, people just want that one person to stop posting threads that are always trying to word the same suggestion differently.

And if a company has, time and time again, done things that you, personally, feel are not good for the longevity of the game then yes, you ought to quit. Not only does no one want to hear constant bitching, but if they've burned you on numerous occasions, then perhaps it's time to take your hand away from the fire, no?
    That is an eerily specific example, were you one of my stalkers on the old forum? For something that bothered you so much, you sure seem eager to bring it up again. Naturally my comment refers to the current forums and I think issues from the past should be left in the past. One day I hope you are able to find peace in your salty and bitter world.
    xparasite9Lilyflower
  • SandwichSandwich
    Reactions: 2,830
    edited September 2016
    Aggraphine

Hot damn that was the most passive roasting I've ever seen.