[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Zero in Reboot

Comments

• gvnalmanzagvnalmanza
    Reactions: 1,075
    edited February 2017
    Flareyu wrote: »
    gvnalmanza wrote: »
    I also do not support this idea. You're in reboot, you should not get a zero. Sorry.
    Why shouldn't reboot get a Zero? There's no reason for a character to be unplayable and I can't see any significant advantages over other characters.
    There's no reason for a character to be unplayable ? When reboot servers and regular servers bring a totally different amount of revenue to the game and reboot already has cubing advantage, and it is clear that reg servers bring more revenue..... then YEAH I do think theres several GOOD reasons as to why a character is unplayable in a server. Its called business.
  • FlareyuFlareyu
    Reactions: 455
    edited February 2017
    I also do not support this idea. You're in reboot, you should not get a zero. Sorry.
    Why shouldn't reboot get a Zero? There's no reason for a character to be unplayable and I can't see any significant advantages over other characters.
    There's no reason for a character to be unplayable ? When reboot servers and regular servers bring a totally different amount of revenue to the game and reboot already has cubing advantage, and it is clear that reg servers bring more revenue..... then YEAH I do think theres several GOOD reasons as to why a character is unplayable in a server. Its called business.

You still haven't answered the question. If you don't want the character to be on reboot because you don't play on reboot, then that's a personal problem and not a legitimate reason for why the character should remain locked. This thread is about Zero on reboot, not your personal feelings on reboot being "unfair" or having "advantages". Please make a separate thread for that.
  • gvnalmanzagvnalmanza
    Reactions: 1,075
    edited February 2017

You still haven't answered the question. If you don't want the character to be on reboot because you don't play on reboot, then that's a personal problem and not a legitimate reason for why the character should remain locked. This thread is about Zero on reboot, not your personal feelings on reboot being "unfair" or having "advantages". Please make a separate thread for that.
    one, Nothing here is a personal problem, two, feelings and logic are not mutually exclusive, and three, I actually have a Hayato in reboot that I like to play once in a while. I answered your question with an example without spoon feeding you what I meant. "Brings out spoon anyways" : The answer is .. Moe moneh foh Nexon, when zero is kept exclusively for regular servers (the money makers). YAYYY
  • FlareyuFlareyu
    edited February 2017

one, Nothing here is a personal problem, two, feelings and logic are not mutually exclusive, and three, I actually have a Hayato in reboot that I like to play once in a while. I answered your question with an example without spoon feeding you what I meant. "Brings out spoon anyways" : The answer is .. Moe moneh foh Nexon, when zero is kept exclusively for regular servers (the money makers). YAYYY

Having one class locked to a normal server isn't making Nexon money, it's actually the opposite since you can't make money off of something you can't have. The only technical cash shop class is Jett which is still allowed on reboot even though his link is all funky. Your posts aren't very constructive and don't contribute to any meaningful discussion.

• JaridavinJaridavin
    Reactions: 435
    edited February 2017
    Problem with bringing it in, and you know full well it's going to happen.

This'll bring more people into Reboot and make the normal servers even more dead. If they are going to do it, we're going to need a second reboot server, a reasoning for people to still play on the normal ones, or both. Currently the only advantages a normal server has over reboot is that it has trading, and has Zero. Reboot has too much power, and I'm saying this as someone on Reboot.
  • FlareyuFlareyu
    edited February 2017
    Jaridavin wrote: »

This'll bring more people into Reboot and make the normal servers even more dead. If they are going to do it, we're going to need a second reboot server, a reasoning for people to still play on the normal ones, or both. Currently the only advantages a normal server has over reboot is that it has trading, and has Zero. Reboot has too much power, and I'm saying this as someone on Reboot.

There should be a second reboot server to cut down some of the lag, but there's a reason why its more popular. I'm trying to find legitimate reasons as to why Zero is too overpowered for reboot, but you guys keep bringing up the state of normal servers and if they're really that dead, then maybe they should have another server merger or have more incentives to play on them. Make a separate thread about normal servers.

• moomoovicmoomoovic
    Reactions: 485
    edited February 2017
    Jaridavin wrote: »

There should be a second reboot server to cut down some of the lag, but there's a reason why its more popular. I'm trying to find legitimate reasons as to why Zero is too overpowered for reboot, but you guys keep bringing up the state of normal servers and if they're really that dead, then maybe they should have another server merger or have more incentives to play on them. Make a separate thread about normal servers.

I think the main reason that Zero is overpowered on reboot is that Zero can obtain the Fafnir tier weapon from just finishing the storyline for FREE.

Back in the early days when reboot was just released, Fafnir weapons are certainly a big big deal for reboot players. No one can kill chaos vellum even in a team so the 30% innate boss damage is insanely rewarding. Consider if there's Zero who can obtain that sweet 30% boss in 1 day of gameplay, that would be the definition of overpowered. Even for today, people are still trying to build up connections for their CVel carries. If Zero is to be included in reboot, their weapon system has to be revamped, however, there's a story with rich content behind the weapons of Zero (Zero's weapons are actually two spirits called Lapis and Lazuli), which makes it hard for future changes.
    JettLuvsU