[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

This lag is ridiculous.

Comments

• bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

So how do you suggest we get through to the people who do make decisions?
    The employee is the only person we ever see, and if we don't communicate our displeasure clearly enough to them, then they won't pass it on. They'd just think they did their job of placating us, while rage festers inside and eventually we just stop doing business with that establishment and the top people don't even know why.

at this point there really isn't an efficient way of doing it, however getting angry with the middlemen won't help, as a community we need to be voicing our opinions in a less derogatory way. We should find ways to motivate the team.
    JettLuvsU
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    bumbertyr wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »

So how do you suggest we get through to the people who do make decisions?
    The employee is the only person we ever see, and if we don't communicate our displeasure clearly enough to them, then they won't pass it on. They'd just think they did their job of placating us, while rage festers inside and eventually we just stop doing business with that establishment and the top people don't even know why.

at this point there really isn't an efficient way of doing it, however spouting off our anger at the middle man isn't going to help things, as a community we need to be voicing our opinions in a less derogatory way. We should find ways to motivate the team to further help the community rather than make them hate us.

You see, our problem is that we never get any feedback from Nexon America. They won't tell us, "We've asked Nexon Korea to do [whatever you asked]" so as far as we are concerned, they (NxA) never even heard us, or didn't think the issue is serious enough, and we must scream louder.
    If Nexon America communicated with us, they wouldn't get so much hate. But they insist on acting as an opaque shield, a sandbag if you will, isolating Nexon Korea from our petty complaints.

That is what Customer Service is all about. They're the punching bags facing angry customers so the decision makers never have to. It's the same everywhere. I suppose there are some restaurants where you don't have to yell at the waiter to get the chef to come hear your grievances, but they are very rare. Unless you have a constructive suggestion as to how to get the chef to listen to us, all I hear you saying is "if you can't complain to the right people, don't complain at all."
    LilyflowerBooberpuppy
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited February 2017
    @bumbertyr

http://prnt.sc/e6o71p

Like Akradian said, it does not matter if its NA or Korean MS. Who cares! We have been complaining about this lag for MONTHS. Notice how I capitalized months? Because it really has been about 3 months. Nexon Korea even acknowledged this issue very briefly through that micro-site for the V patch and sadly I cbf to look for that post. It was 1-2 months ago. We complain day in and day out and hear nothing back except things like "back-end modifications to improve server stability" which is complete BullShark. How can you improve the server stability every week or every other week and still have the same issues for months?! It takes hackers 1 day to get right back to hacking also. Not to mention the Event hall lag which we the players have submitted MANY solutions such as moving NPC's to towns and temporarily closing the damn event hall. They closed whole towns such as Omega Sector and KFT why would temporarily closing the event hall have any impact on the game worse than what we are already having?

Also, did you notice how this was part of the most recent patch?

" The Chinese New Year Coin Shop will be extended, and will now end at 4:00 PM PST on February 19, 2017."

Why you may ask? Well, I dont work for Nexon but it seems like one of their "ninja-fixes" to the event hall lag. I know they know about it, and they probably estimated with their smart employees that with the current lag, it will take us 10 more days to purchase the items we need from the coin shop with the current lag. This to me is the equivalent of their "back-end modifications".
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    @forumsareannoying, http://maplestory.nexon.net/micro-site/v-update/17932/blog-a-message-from-nexon-korea-s-dev-team

All they wrote was "In addition, we would like to apologize for the various ongoing issues you have been experiencing as a result of the update process. The dev team has been doing their best to fix issues swiftly, so that we can minimize the loss to players as much as possible. This is something that we will continue to do."

"various ongoing issues."
    This could refer to anything at all. They never mentioned the words "lag", "stability", "crashes", or anything else that could be construed as acknowledging anything specific we were going through.
    In fact, I still believe, as I wrote at the time, that this "blog entry" was written ahead of time and that paragraph put in because they knew - as anyone who's had any sort of experience with Nexon could predict - that there would necessarily be issues.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited February 2017
    @AKradian nice job finding it lol. But yeah they didn't specify it was about lag but when I read it, I read it as "loss to players" meaning DC and lag issues. I gave them a pass since I assumed their english was probably not that good. Regardless, that was months ago and it was all a lie.

L>Bumbertyr to defend nexon and help continue to bump this thread until a mod comes and silences it so that Nexon can continue to ignore us and other players continue to be in the dark regarding how bad the situation actually is.
  • RiceKrispiesRiceKrispies
    Reactions: 210
    edited February 2017
    I just wish they would stop pumping out content, and try fixing problems first. By pumping out new stuff, while there is still problems to be fixed (LARGE issues, and I emphasize large... things that prevent game play entirely), they will just keep adding and creating new problems. The way they are handling things right now is not great.

@bumpbertyr Akradian and forumsareannoying already said most of what I wanted to say... but I'm just gonna add in something. You call them the "middle man", however the middle man isn't even doing what the middle man should be doing. That is, voicing the communities concerns efficiently. Often, they play the whole post-truth thing... denying facts, and ignoring what players are saying, often assuming its a problem on the players end, not a problem at all, or a problem they just blatantly dismiss (cough, the lag that keeps coming back, saying that its been fixed???). We need communication, and them actually acknowledging problems that exist.
  • Dark20Dark20
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited February 2017
    Lilyflower wrote: »
    Dark20 wrote: »
    Hey Sagyo, you listening? You're a GM. Do something about this sh**t. Or are you too chicken sh**t to do anything about it?
    lol its so sad that not even single gm for maplestory cares about the game unfortunately.

I know right? So why should we say nice things about nexon when there's nothing nice to say about them?
    Lilyflower
    edited February 2017
    ok I just logged on, and so far no lag :D. So good job to nexon... for now... hope it lasts for longer than a day :P.
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited February 2017
    Cobain wrote: »
    Lilyflower wrote: »
    I still remember the good old times in the community and the game firstly the community is always listening to what the players have an issue with the game secondly the gm is always there to report any hackers or botters immediately , good times ! now... it's not the same to what it used to be.

I've been playing Maple since '07. I played every day for 5 years straight. Just recently came back to the game and in the entire time I've played, I've only ever seen 1 GM and that was in an Invasion Event when GMs summoned a ton of mobs in each town.
    With a large part of the community only bashing the game and the devs, I wouldn't wanna hang out with everyone either. Not to mention, when ppl see GMs, they harrass the hell out of them. If people would treat people, like people, then these issues wouldn't be... well... an issue. o.O

I met one. He dragged me to a white room to tell me to stop harrassing the hacker that was grabbing fresh drops with a vaccum hack.
    Lilyflower
  • AlilatiasAlilatias
    Reactions: 200
    edited February 2017
    The game is laggier than I remember back when I last played the game about 5 years ago. That said, it's really not within Saygo's power to do anything about the lag besides bringing it up with the KMS devs, since I would assume this lag is a result of dated netcode, the same thing that still plagues Dragon Nest even after the host transfer.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited February 2017
    Alilatias wrote: »
    The game is laggier than I remember back when I last played the game about 5 years ago. That said, it's really not within Saygo's power to do anything about the lag besides bringing it up with the KMS devs, since I would assume this lag is a result of dated netcode, the same thing that still plagues Dragon Nest even after the host transfer.

Speaking of lag, pet loot lag is another very big concern. It's even worse right now with almost every mob dropping the event items. The looting system in this game is completely f--ked and needs a YUUUUUGE revamp, but instead what we get are menial actions taken like the Donald Trump NPC being removed from the game on the off-chance that some one might be offended by him standing there in towns, because yeah, priorities. Apparently the SJW cancer has now spread to Nexon.
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited February 2017
    wait until you have Trump supporters tossing racial epitaphs because you share a less than flattering pic of Trump. and it's not even the 'chin' pick, it's the one where the wind messed up his hair. Now picture those supporters seeing him in a 'menial' job.
    edited February 2017
    So yesterday, Scania crashed lol.... there was and is still no word on it. This is exactly the stuff that makes me hate Nexon. Zero communication. Just because its 'fixed' doesn't mean it didn't happen. We need your input Nexon. Why it happened, what do you intend on doing to try and prevent future problems like this. Or maybe they're just not aware of it at all (at least that's what it seems), which shows how much they really care about their players and the game.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    So yesterday, Scania crashed lol.... there was and is still no word on it. This is exactly the stuff that makes me hate Nexon. Zero communication. Just because its 'fixed' doesn't mean it didn't happen. We need your input Nexon. Why it happened, what do you intend on doing to try and prevent future problems like this. Or maybe they're just not aware of it at all (at least that's what it seems), which shows how much they really care about their players and the game.

They were aware. They posted this: http://maplestory.nexon.net/news//20785/

They never tell us what caused crashes.
    Lilyflower
    edited February 2017
    Oh woops lol. Ok, I retract that statement. I was expecting them to post on their front page. That being said, they never give us an conclusion to their "investigation" :/.