[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What is everyone's Monster Collection at?

Comments

• KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited September 2016
    Warminal
    Warminal said:

WildNeko
    WildNeko said:

307 Here. I'm Currently hunting Solemn Viking & White Fang elites and OMG it is hard. Already overleveled 3 chars in each mob and nothing...
    Hey I actually got the Shadowy White fang elite collection and the Ice Golem Monsterbloom it gives you 3 Decent boxes when you claim the gift. However when you let the Golems explore, it only gives 1 Decent box. So yeah.... I don't know if this is a bug or something?

Yes, it is supposed to give 1 Decent Box per run.
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited September 2016
    TheGodOfFire

Wow nice job with elite! And no still not Horntail or chaos Horntail...

Thanks. It really surprised me to get one, of course. And I figured about HT/CHT. I'm positive they're among the few that are impossible to obtain.
    KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

Oooh grats! Which elite was it?

Thanks, it was Overwhelming Robo in the Ludus Lake collection. I wasn't even hunting for it specifically; just training my Ice/Lit. Didn't know I had spawned it because of all the foreground elements in that area.
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited September 2016
    Geminia
    Geminia said:

TheGodOfFire

Thanks. It really surprised me to get one, of course. And I figured about HT/CHT. I'm positive they're among the few that are impossible to obtain.
    KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

Thanks, it was Overwhelming Robo in the Ludus Lake collection. I wasn't even hunting for it specifically; just training my Ice/Lit. Didn't know I had spawned it because of all the foreground elements in that area.
    elites will spawn as long as your not over 20 levels above them.
  • EatenByBreadEatenByBread
    Reactions: 900
    edited September 2016
    Here's a tip for the last 2 future henesys sets: You can grind out easy cygnus as many times as you'd like to try and register shinsoo, ifrit, and the captains, as long as you don't actually kill empress. Also, I heard from one of my friends that you can get empress registered from the 4th job advancement quest for any of the cygnus knight classes.
  • MonsterCollectionMonsterCollection
    Reactions: 305
    edited September 2016
  • LiminalityLiminality
    Reactions: 200
    edited September 2016
    Strong 1st post
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited September 2016
    Geminia
    Geminia said:

TheGodOfFire

KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

The HT/CHT thing, I still don't have it either. What makes you say they're one of the impossible?

Elite thing, at least we know it's possible now thanks to you. I was really quite ready to give up on them. Now I'll probably just go for them once I get all non-elites. :P
  • GeminiaGeminia
    edited September 2016
    Kerqxon
    Kerqxon said:

Not sure what that has to do with what I said.
    KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

The HT/CHT thing, I still don't have it either. What makes you say they're one of the impossible?

None of Horntail's body parts are actually called just "Horntail". According to the Maple Wiki, "Horntail" is the defeated, petrified whole dragon that breaks apart when defeated. Same for Chaos Horntail.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    edited September 2016
    Geminia
    Geminia said:

Kerqxon
    Kerqxon said:

KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

None of Horntail's body parts are actually called just "Horntail". According to the Maple Wiki, "Horntail" is the defeated, petrified whole dragon that breaks apart when defeated. Same for Chaos Horntail.
    Well that's a bummer. I visited the old forums and got the list of the impossible ones just in case no one moves it over so that we can all refer to it.

LKC Reindeer - conflicts w/ the reindeer in Mu Lung
    Zakum - MC asks for Zakum 1
    Opachu - different name and only appears in chaos mode
    HT/CHT - body parts are titled as such

I didn't include the mithril mutae one because it's a text error and it can actually be registered (I have it).
  • SeerowSeerow
    Reactions: 935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

Geminia
    Geminia said:

Kerqxon
    Kerqxon said:

KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

Well that's a bummer. I visited the old forums and got the list of the impossible ones just in case no one moves it over so that we can all refer to it.

LKC Reindeer - conflicts w/ the reindeer in Mu Lung
    Zakum - MC asks for Zakum 1
    Opachu - different name and only appears in chaos mode
    HT/CHT - body parts are titled as such

I didn't include the mithril mutae one because it's a text error and it can actually be registered (I have it).
    You can take Normal Horntail off that list at least - I unlocked it in my collection. I honestly don't know when I unlocked it since I missed whenever the event popped up on the screen and I noticed him unlocked in my collection not too long ago.

Edit:
    I may have gotten him during the Zero quest line in Leafre, I leveled up my Zero not too long ago and there's a part in the beginning where you have to defeat a version of Horntail there.
  • GeminiaGeminia
    edited September 2016
    Seerow
    Seerow said:

You can take Normal Horntail off that list at least - I unlocked it in my collection. I honestly don't know when I unlocked it since I missed whenever the event popped up on the screen and I noticed him unlocked in my collection not too long ago.

Edit:
    I may have gotten him during the Zero quest line in Leafre, I leveled up my Zero not too long ago and there's a part in the beginning where you have to defeat a version of Horntail there.

Ooo nice. Do you remember which part of Zero's story you fight Horntail and if the fight is repeatable?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2016
    Geminia
    Geminia said:

Seerow
    Seerow said:

Edit:

Ooo nice. Do you remember which part of Zero's story you fight Horntail and if the fight is repeatable?
    First(second?) chapter, when you're in Leafre. I don't think it's repeatable.
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited September 2016
    I have 12 monsters. :D
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

I have 12 monsters. :D
    74 and one complete(Gold Beach) set.

So tedious ;-;
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    after 3 days i finally got the skelegon, like ugh....
  • SeerowSeerow
    Reactions: 935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    @Geminia,
    Yeah it's the first world you go to if I remember correctly. Horntail there is part of a story quest and you can't fight him again. I must have gotten really really lucky to get him on the one and only fight then. First time for everything, I usually have no luck!
  • GeminiaGeminia
    edited September 2016
    Seerow
    Seerow said:

@Geminia,
    Yeah it's the first world you go to if I remember correctly. Horntail there is part of a story quest and you can't fight him again. I must have gotten really really lucky to get him on the one and only fight then. First time for everything, I usually have no luck!
    Really though, congratulations on getting an extremely hard to get monster added to your collection. I'm gonna chalk Horntail up there being "virtually impossible" since it's not only character specific, but event character specific with only one attempt per that class (until proven otherwise).
  • PonPonPonPon
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited September 2016
    Invulgo
    Invulgo said:

My collection at the moment

How long did it take you to get Ephinia registered? I've been farming it for like 1 hour already and still nope :'(
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    edited September 2016
    PonPon
    PonPon said:

Invulgo
    Invulgo said:

My collection at the moment

How long did it take you to get Ephinia registered? I've been farming it for like 1 hour already and still nope :'(
    I'm not the one you asked but for me Ephenia took 47 tries (I was counting lol!) and for my buddies 7, 3 and "twenty-ish".

I think it's mostly luck coz Dyle took me a whopping 350.

• GeminiaGeminia
    edited September 2016
    KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

I'm not the one you asked but for me Ephenia took 47 tries (I was counting lol!) and for my buddies 7, 3 and "twenty-ish".

I think it's mostly luck coz Dyle took me a whopping 350.

Ephenia took maybe 30+ for me. Dyle was definitely a pain but I think your luck is a lot worse since it took me about 120+ to add.