[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Any news about a new CM?

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,310
Member, Private Tester
edited February 2017 in General Chat
It's been over 2 months since we lost our Community Manager, and about a month since the job was removed from the Nexon open positions listing.
Can we please have an update on this topic?

Comments

• DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited February 2017
    Yes please... we miss having some come around and tell us what's going on.
    Please don't let this be a 'Well the CMs have been pleasing the gamers... can't have that' situation.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited February 2017
    T-T -sobbing noises-
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited February 2017
    Hints and clues...they made our last CM sign a non-disclosure agreement. People tried to probe him about things we all really wonder about when it comes to Nexon's thought process, and the response was that his lips are completely sewn shut on these certain subjects. I'm betting the NDA has very strict guidelines with extreme consequences for any sort of breach. It's a safe bet he is being watched very closely.

Maybe they think it is a risk factor, having CMs just coming and going with too much insider knowledge. I think Nexon's opaqueness and secrecy rivals that of Area 51 when it comes to certain things.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    @Booberpuppy : NDA's are standard in this business. Every employee and volunteer has to sign one. Even players who get invited to community meetups often do.

Yes, finding the right person for the CM job is not easy. But they stopped taking applications a month ago, which means they've found someone they think is right (or they've decided the position doesn't need filling - but I don't think even Nexon is that cheap). So, I am curious: when can we expect this person to be introduced to us?
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    edited February 2017
    @AKradian - Yeah, true 'nuff. Sometimes I like going all tinfoil hat about Nexon. Still, I think they are extra bad about their closed doors and lack of communication these days.

All of that aside, I really do hope they can find a CM for us soon.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    OK, this is worrying.

(from another thread)
    Neospector wrote: »
    But yes, Saygo is the Vindictus CM, only functioning as interim until Nexon settles on a course of action. He is not an official Maplestory CM. Please be respectful.

@Neospector , can you please elaborate what you mean by "until Nexon settles on a course of action"?
    (as in, why didn't you say, "until Nexon appoints a CM for Maplestory"?)
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    @Neospector , can you please elaborate what you mean by "until Nexon settles on a course of action"?
    (as in, why didn't you say, "until Nexon appoints a CM for Maplestory"?)

Because "course of action" sounded a more mature. MRW I write up a post:
    XUM7kB0.png

It was just my word choice, you're reading too much into it.
    Aggraphine
  • OneLetterOneLetter
    Reactions: 6,380
    edited February 2017
    Once there is news on a new dedicated Maple CM, there will be a full introduction, of course. I hope you welcome them with open arms and an open mind, and provide them with the same opportunities you provided past CM's to get to know and understand the Maple community. :)
    NeospectorJettLuvsUAlexFInvulgoKitepyroPhantomMasterThiefMegaScience
  • PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited February 2017
    OneLetter wrote: »
    Once there is news on a new dedicated Maple CM, there will be a full introduction, of course. I hope you welcome them with open arms and an open mind, and provide them with the same opportunities you provided past CM's to get to know and understand the Maple community. :)
    why would this require an open mind, that's a bit troubling, surely this guy knows blue pots dont fill kinesis pp... or more seriously is there some major change coming we need ot adjust to that requires an open mind?

AKradianBooberpuppy
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2017

Provided he's as dedicated to helping the players and making our issues heard by Nexon as our last CM was, and won't just act as a mouthpiece for the higher-ups at the company, then yes I'm sure we'll all welcome him just the same as we did Michael.
  • genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited February 2017

wut
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited February 2017
    genji123 wrote: »

wut

"Them" and "they" are generally used as gender-neutral references to an individual. There is no reason to raise questions about OneLetter's use of the term here.
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited February 2017
    genji123 wrote: »

wut

"Them" is a gender neutral term when referring to someone.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    It could also be used to refer to more than one person :3 but yeah, he probably meant it to be gender neutral.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited February 2017
    Deathmobs wrote: »
    I should be the new CM. I'll take the community's wants and wishes and then strap right on good and tight to Nexon and ride them on out like an angry bull! YEEE HAAAW!

You gonna hope their families get cancer and die a slow, painful death again if they don't listen to you?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post.
    Too bad you can't say anything other than "wait".
    Of course you don't owe us any kind of progress report, but it would be nice if we got one.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    edited February 2017
    That or he's going to accuse everyone of being hackers because they participate in a event.

(Apparently, I'm a hacker because I killed 100 elite mobs in 3 days, according to him its just impossible for me to have done that without being a hacker)

Heh. Killing elite mobs, or elite bosses? Anyways killing either type of that many within a 3 day span would be no sweat, especially if you are 200+ and camping Arcane River.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited February 2017
    Well, Michael set the bar for how a CM for the maplestory community should be VERY high, so hopefully whoever takes his place can fill the massive shoes he left behind.
  • shavitshavit
    Reactions: 1,460
    edited February 2017

Make it someone who has experience with the game, please :(
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited February 2017
    shavit wrote: »

Make it someone who has experience with the game, please :(

-raises hand- I can send another resume Q_Q I want this job...