[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

2017 level up guide

skrubrekrskrubrekr
Reactions: 845
Member, Private Tester
edited February 2017 in Game Guides
so i looked around on the forums and noticed that theres no leveling guide, so instead of people googling for hours i decided to write my own!
i dont play on reboot so im not sure if this guide will help out

level 1-10: tutorial for class/automatic leveling

level 10-30: pantheon maps (use the boats from ereve/edelstein, etc to fly to the 6 path crossway to get to pantheon)

level 30-35: ellinel fairy academy (this gives mesos,100 spell traces, and a glove equip)

level 30-40: gold beach maps/quests (gives mesos, 200 spell traces and an earring equip)

level 50-55/58: reina strait (this appears above you in the lightbulb, gives mesos, 300 spell traces and a belt equip)

level 50-70: sleepywoods silent swamp map (a pretty popular map to train, so you might want to change channel often)

level 60-65: mushroom kingdom lol (there is a very annoying jump quest in this, but gives mesos, spell traces, and a necklace equip)

level 65-100: sahel 2 (this is a map near magatia, its another popular map to spawn elite bosses, so prepare to change channels)

level 100-130: ludibriums robots (the best map is in the toy factory apparatus room, even better if u have/are a kanna)

level 130-140: moon bunnies (this is the map right outside the korean folk town, has a decent spawn rate)

level 140+: temple of time quests/maps (the whole questline is needed to do 5th job and make sure to pick up 10 mask items and drops from the bosses, as theyre needed the pink bean quest)

level 140-145: dimensional invasion party quest, yu garden quests

level 145-150: shaolin temple and more dimension invasion (shaolin temple is near yu garden, and you can also go here early by using quick move)

level 165-180: knight stronghold (most of the maps are great, but one of my favorite ones is at knights chamber 1 and hall of honor)

level 180-200: twilight perion maps (i recommend training at forsaken evacuation site 2, but if the monsters hit too hard then try out the stumps)

level 200 and beyond: arcane river maps

got tired of grinding mobs for hours? well heres some bosses

level 130-150: easy horntail

level 150-180: normal horntail

level 180-200: chaos horntail and normal pink bean (chaos horntail will take a long time to do solo - unless youre unfunded and pink beans statues give decent exp, even if u cant solo pink bean itself yet, all cure potions needed for both bosses)

level 160-180: the boss and his body guards (to get to this boss you need to go all the right from the mushroom shine, the first bodyguard stuns often, the second one has hits that do 1 damage but drains mp, and the boss itself can make both your hp and mp go to one percent, also has skill lock too, all cures are needed)

level 160+: krexel (the prequests for this boss are mostly just pick up items and kill quests, but the boss itself has a lot of hp, all cures may be needed)

decided to put in pictures of the boss and krexel since nobody really knows about them

once you go all the way right from the mushroom shrine, youll arrive in showa town, where the monsters look like characters. once your in the town itself, find the npc named konpei near the middle of the town fbgdyusgbus.PNG

talk to him, and theres 3 options, do the "take me to the hideout" option grdhfugid.PNG

when your in the parlor map of the hideout, the female boss may spawn and you will need the comb drop item from her yghifhdk.PNG
yhuibnklid.PNG

once your in the "nightmarish last days" map, stand on the tresure chest on the right and drop the comb to spawn the first body guard
[img][/img]yhuibgdikls.PNG

since this post is already too long i cant even preview it lmao ill do a comment about krexel once i can get pictures soon
OneLastTimeBellamazedMewelupJettLuvsU

Comments

• skrubrekrskrubrekr
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    to get to krexel, talk to the spinel npc in henesys
    bgdhfkusgs.PNG
    and go to singapore cbd

once there, go to the boat quay town and talk to the ralph the wanderer on the far right
    yb%20gdfkigd.PNG
    y%20dhjsfbdkus.PNG
    and take the questline "savior of ulu city"

once you get the mallet item, head all the way up from the "ruins of krexel 1" map and go in the portal
    similar to horntail, you need to brake an object to spawn the boss
    yhuidfgl.PNG
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    We already have an up to date leveling guide on the forum: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/94/training-guide-1-250#late
  • skrubrekrskrubrekr
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Yonax wrote: »
    We already have an up to date leveling guide on the forum: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/94/training-guide-1-250#late
    welp i wrote this for nothing lmao

• TheOutlanderTheOutlander
    Reactions: 1,230
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    I like your guide, it takes after alot of my own training zones but I never considered Korean Folk Town as a grinding map. I read the other guide posted here but like most guides it assumes you are decently funded and have alot of Star Force which 75% of my characters don't.
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    I like your guide, it takes after alot of my own training zones but I never considered Korean Folk Town as a grinding map. I read the other guide posted here but like most guides it assumes you are decently funded and have alot of Star Force which 75% of my characters don't.

It doesn't assume you got high amount of starforce, it's just that those maps are more optimal. There are plenty of alternative maps mentioned which you can use if you don't have starforce or have low range.
  • ilikepieuknowilikepieuknow
    Reactions: 730
    edited February 2017
    triggered by your ign...
    JettLuvsU
  • SircaptainSircaptain
    Reactions: 740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    skrubrekr wrote: »

Never enough training guides!!
    Few notes though:
    Pantheon maps, which specifically?
    Lvl 200 maps, which specifically? plus any alternatives to arcane river? (cuz 200 is too ezpz, ppl can't deal much dmg there even with the 30 AF)

• NoComparisonNoComparison
    Reactions: 1,275
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Hey nice guide. I have two additional questions. 1 is there a bossing guide you could through together for 10-200 version? I have a self challenge in mind haha 2nd question could you put together a Reboot guide? Thanks in advance!~
  • skrubrekrskrubrekr
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Sircaptain wrote: »
    skrubrekr wrote: »

Never enough training guides!!
    Few notes though:
    Pantheon maps, which specifically?
    Lvl 200 maps, which specifically? plus any alternatives to arcane river? (cuz 200 is too ezpz, ppl can't deal much dmg there even with the 30 AF)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa im so sorry for the really late reply i got real busy and forgot to check the forums

for the pantheon maps just find ones near your level! (i forgot what monsters though, sorry!)
    and for level 200 maps, the alts that i use are mostly just twilight perion (i think forsaken evacuation site 2 is the map i grind on)
    (also is it just me or the pictures arnt showing up on the guide?)
    and how do u add pictures too?
  • skrubrekrskrubrekr
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Hey nice guide. I have two additional questions. 1 is there a bossing guide you could through together for 10-200 version? I have a self challenge in mind haha 2nd question could you put together a Reboot guide? Thanks in advance!~

ah i dont really play on reboot since i have a lot of characters to level on one server already
    and i can try to throw together a bossing guide if i have time for it!
  • BellamazedBellamazed
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited April 2017
    Thanks for posting this guide, I really appreciate it.
    I'm a returning player who has no idea what/where to go in this current version so this has been really helpful.
    skrubrekrMewelup
  • MewelupMewelup
    Reactions: 825
    edited May 2017
    Thanks for the guide!! <3
    skrubrekrJettLuvsU