[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Is anyone else crashing a lot?

TheHoATheHoA
Reactions: 2,210
edited February 2018 in Tech Support
I've had to log in a ton of times already and it can barely stay on for 5 minutes. And it was working perfectly 2 hours ago.

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited February 2017
    my guildmate is having issues...we were just running our GP bosses...and he dced...took him like half an hour to get back for us to finish clearing.
  • MomTeresaMomTeresa
    Reactions: 1,585
    edited February 2017
    client keeps crashing at logon screen.

being trying for an hour.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited February 2017
    Been using this method to get passed login screen which reduces my crashing to 1/4th of the time:

When I get into in-game I start jumping around because for some odd-reason if I stand still right after login I'll crash.

In terms of game-play I manage to crash or get sent back to login screen there's no real way to prevent it. There's just too many factors and all sort of errors and bugs that we probably don't know about how it happens which is why it's so hard to report with ignorant customer support across the board which will only direct you to it being your fault and to troubleshoot at the most basic level which obviously doesn't help. Stability for the client and servers have gone down the drain over the years.

We shouldn't have so much different crashing issues co-existing and having to rely on monstrous specs for something as the Event Hall (more like slideshow hell). The amount of crap dedicated players have to endure is no wonder why the population is at an all-time low and will continue to hitting the lowest records possible.

The way the V Patch was handled just utterly destroyed any sort of comeback of new/returning players as a whole for a long time due to how badly the servers could handle the extra load. Various ninja nerfs such as Shining Santa Boxes, and the Choco Buff! doesn't really help the situation. Nor does it help to only take the suggestion to nerf Choco Buff! yet not add one single other thing of the hundreds if not thousands of other ideas. Maybe hundred thousands if included the deleted old forums which is probably inaccessible and a true graveyard.

Combined with all sorts of laggy functions such as pick-up or having various counter quests active like Hasty Hunting with Attendance and Dailies becoming another slideshow hell scenario.

Someone can just set up a group of bots to completely lock down a map rendering accessibility useless. And instead we get legitimate people to get disconnected if not banned for "hack reason".

It's quite sad how poorly maintained this game is and how many times this has to be pointed out. It's a disgusting mess that no new or returning player would generally want to come back to. The game is great if not alright. The publisher however doesn't even do much for the players. It's all about assuming that they know what's better for the community, but in reality they probably don't know the difference between MP and PP.

It's honestly not our fault when we can't diagnose such a complex problem, and what's even more sad that's not our job. Running a flagship game to the ground isn't going to help in the long run, but I guess care in the world doesn't matter when client stability is becoming less existent if not already non-existent.
    foussiremixIvangold
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited February 2017
    I crash 5-10 times when logging in, but once I am logged in and start playing the game is stable. I haven't crashed for a very long time when actively playing content, it's mainly when logging in.

Issues

- If I wait more than 15 seconds when deciding what character to log into first the client crashes, well it freezes actually.
    - Sometimes the game "selects" the wrong region so I have to restart the client.
    - Fairly often the game crashes when loading
    - Fairly often the game crashes when logging in to a character
    - Somewhat often the game crashes shortly after logging into a character
    - Past week I haven't had crashes when switching between characters
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    @Invulgo : I believe that the crashes "shortly after logging into a character" are a type of cc-dc, a longstanding issue, and not directly related to the launch issues we're currently having.
    Do you never disconnect shortly after going into or out of Cash Shop, Auction House, Monster Life, DIPQ/Evo/CommerciUnion, Inferno Wolf portal, or when using boss tele or changing channels intentionally?
    You're playing Luna now, right?

And I, unfortunately, am still having the client crash often when switching characters.
    On the other hand, the game never selects a region for me, or misinterprets where I clicked. Maybe because I'm using GameLauncher?
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    edited February 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    @Invulgo : I believe that the crashes "shortly after logging into a character" are a type of cc-dc, a longstanding issue, and not directly related to the launch issues we're currently having.
    Do you never disconnect shortly after going into or out of Cash Shop, Auction House, Monster Life, DIPQ/Evo/CommerciUnion, Inferno Wolf portal, or when using boss tele or changing channels intentionally?

Yeah somewhat often I crash when exiting the Cash Shop or Auction House, and fairly often when entering the Inferno Wolf portal. The whole client vanishes without any error message.
    You're playing Luna now, right?

We quit Luna and he joined Mardia about a month ago, I missed playing with my regular friends and guild. The ping and stability difference is almost not noticeable anyway. Especially not when using a pet.
    And I, unfortunately, am still having the client crash often when switching characters.
    On the other hand, the game never selects a region for me, or misinterprets where I clicked. Maybe because I'm using GameLauncher?

yeah probably, the GameLauncher.exe remembers region select right? I play from Steam and the Nexon Launcher depending on what computer I am using. Both the Nexon Launcher and Steam tends to auto select region, but not every time. It doesn't make any sense.

When switching characters I have to log in fast though, so the client doesn't freeze.

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    GameLauncher doesn't remember region select. At least I don't think it does, I never actually tried hitting "enter" instead of clicking North America. If I don't touch anything then eventually the client crashes.
    GameLauncher does remember world select, though.
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    edited February 2017
    GameLauncher doesn't remember region select. At least I don't think it does, I never actually tried hitting "enter" instead of clicking North America. If I don't touch anything then eventually the client crashes.
    GameLauncher does remember world select, though.

Ah I see. When thinking back I crashed significantly less when logging in before the migration happened. However the client launches really fast, making the crashing less inconvenient. In the past I remember waiting 6-10 min between each crash to get back on. It would "eat up" so much of my gaming time. Now I can usually start playing just fine after 3-5-10 min and stay on just fine. However I would obviously want the log in process to be less "sensitive".

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited February 2017
    Invulgo wrote: »
    I crash 5-10 times when logging in, but once I am logged in and start playing the game is stable. I haven't crashed for a very long time when actively playing content, it's mainly when logging in.

Issues

- If I wait more than 15 seconds when deciding what character to log into first the client crashes, well it freezes actually.
    - Sometimes the game "selects" the wrong region so I have to restart the client.

Usually I get those problems listed above but in-game I have these issues too:
    - Changing Channels too quickly can result in disconnection to login/server select screen or MapleStory to stop working
    - Changing Maps too quickly can result in disconnection to login/server select screen or MapleStory to stop working
    - Moving around the map too quickly can result in disconnection to login/server select screen or MapleStory to stop working
    - Logging off results in an error "You cannot access the game for one of the following reasons..."
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited February 2017
    When i get to the log-in screen, i try to change the characters, like if i was indecise in what character to play, i keep changing which i see/select, until maple have over 700mb of memory usage, it doesn't always work but i don't crash as much as before.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited February 2017
    I somehow got a runtime error when I was loading into a channel in character selection. Logging in is a headache.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Another period I crash a lot is five minutes after entering the game. I enter my PIC, get into the game, then do something on another window for a bit. Then a few minutes later I get "MapleStory has stopped working"...
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited February 2017
    Fennekin wrote: »
    Another period I crash a lot is five minutes after entering the game. I enter my PIC, get into the game, then do something on another window for a bit. Then a few minutes later I get "MapleStory has stopped working"...

After logging onto a character it's recommended to jump around for a bit. It generally reduces the crashing but I'm not sure why that's the case as opposed to being idle right after login. It just happens.
    Fennekin
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited February 2017
    Been crashing a lot lately, can't even stay online for 5 minutes in certain channels, which is dumb because other people do just fine in those channels.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Fennekin wrote: »

After logging onto a character it's recommended to jump around for a bit. It generally reduces the crashing but I'm not sure why that's the case as opposed to being idle right after login. It just happens.
    Ah, thought that might be the case. I noticed it only happened when I left my character alone right after logging in lol.
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    edited February 2017
    Invulgo wrote: »

Issues

Usually I get those problems listed above but in-game I have these issues too:
    - Changing Channels too quickly can result in disconnection to login/server select screen or MapleStory to stop working
    - Changing Maps too quickly can result in disconnection to login/server select screen or MapleStory to stop working
    - Moving around the map too quickly can result in disconnection to login/server select screen or MapleStory to stop working
    - Logging off results in an error "You cannot access the game for one of the following reasons..."

I tend to disconnect if I cc very fast many times in a row, usually when farming familiar cards or looking for Monster Book registrations. Don't remember disconnecting when moving fast on a map unless I was lagging significantly. Last error message I haven't seen in months, but sometimes when I close the game it "refuses to do that" by "not responding anymore" meaning I have to "kill" the process.

I am happy that the overall in game stability has been really good for me. I haven't had any issues doing Sengoku High or Alien Visitor, no crashes. No lag, beside in Event Hall.
  • ICryWolfICryWolf
    Reactions: 550
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    I've been trying to login for the past 2 hours, I can get up to the point of putting in the pin, the screen goes dark, and then it closes, over and over and over again, I could use some help
  • GoblinsGoblins
    Reactions: 100
    I've been having this problem as well, the game will load in as far as the Sunny Sunday message, but when I close out of that and it tries to load the news it crashes.
  • DrunkenSheepsDrunkenSheeps
    Well im new to the maple story franchise, tried once making a character and disconnected with the error code just only made outta zeros, then after making my character finally, choosing which gameplay style to be, got disconnected again with the same error code...just 0's...Also not to mention, this site is very not secure at the moment, theres nothing blocking or locking the site up from hax n **** so how is this an ok? :< ive seen nexon completely unsecure many times and now its here too. I don't like it, maybe one of your other gms are making the games unstable, maybe it isnt just cheaters in with your other work buddies, look around and try to sniff out those other baddies cuz i dont like people abusing your games nexon, I believe in ya.
  • Bestone123Bestone123
    Reactions: 100
    My game keeps crashing the boss is in low health, this is my third time happening. Maplestory do something cause i've already waste so much postions and things that can't be restored and wasting my time