[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I dislike how botting violations are enforced.

JushiroNetJushiroNet
Reactions: 6,160
Member, Private Tester
edited February 2017 in General Chat
The ranks are filling up with 250s that have botted all the way from 210 with no action taken. SAD!
MomTeresaSanctityOberstein

Comments

• JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited February 2017
    yea.. maybe nexon changed t&c and hacking is allowed now..
    MomTeresaPirateIzzyXenon92Sanctity
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited February 2017
    July wrote: »
    yea.. maybe nexon changed t&c and hacking is allowed now..

IF they did that...Id quit :T like maybe forever.
  • JulyJuly
    edited February 2017
    yea.. I sent this to support:

"Hello,

I want to let you know that the in-game report system not working.

I reported a player that use hacks such as attack all map and frenzy totem hack more than once and days after he still in game using same hacks.

Please check it out
    Thanks"

And this the reply:

"Greetings Mapler,

Thank you for contacting Nexon America Customer Support.

We appreciate your time for bringing this to our attention. No worries, our Game Development Team is currently working to improve more of the game's system and functionality. Feel free to post as well if you have other ideas through our Forum's Suggestion, Feedback, and Impressions. This is where our Game Development Team will acquire ideas for future releases. Your input will be greatly appreciated.

Should you have any concerns in the future, please don't hesitate to submit a new ticket with a detailed explanation of the issue.​

Thank you for understanding, and my apologies for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

GM Direnne
    Nexon America, Inc."

Funny right?

Also, there used to be a forum "Banned accounts" or something like that under 'official' category, even here in new forums, and its been removed.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited February 2017
    Guys, Nexon DOES ban hackers. You just have to give them time don't worry they will get around to it. I'm sure they are just really busy fixing the lag and other issues
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited February 2017
    Just keep reporting them :), and use live support!
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    BIackbean wrote: »
    Just keep reporting them :), and use live support!

Sadly players on mybckn know this is not true. A well known player recently turned to hacking and only got a two week ban. He's still on the ranks too. Many other examples. SAD!
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited February 2017
    Guys, Nexon DOES ban hackers. You just have to give them time don't worry they will get around to it. I'm sure they are just really busy fixing the lag and other issues

So is 2 weeks enough time?, 3 months?, 6 months?. No as of the V update they haven't been doing crap. There have been multiple hackers who have hit 250 now. You read that right btw. HACKERS. Not petty macro botters or whatever. HACKERS. Nexon is an absolute disgrace. They hack almost all day too and get away with it. Multiple reports and videos do absolutely nothing.
    Lilyflower
  • JulyJuly
    edited February 2017
    ppl even doesn't really scare to expose them self for using hacks.
    Image:
    Capture2.png

New lvl 200 weapon in 7 weeks after they added Lucid boss to game ( need at least 25 weeks of killing her before having enough coins to buy it)

Btw, this guy lvl 250.. and spending NX (maybe that's why its ok?)

cool right?

no igns so I think I'm not violating the rules

also, seen Magnificent lucid soul 2 weeks after they added her to game.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited February 2017
    Even if a player reports a hacker it's no use cause there's so many hackers I doubt nexon would look into it.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited February 2017

too be fair a Mag lucid is technically possible, just extremely unlikely.

also if we've learned anything from the ban lists the our former cm posted, lots of bots do get banned. The problem is it's really easy to make a new account so botters can get back into the game easily.
  • JulyJuly
    edited February 2017
    bumbertyr wrote: »

too be fair a Mag lucid is technically possible, just extremely unlikely.

also if we've learned anything from the ban lists the our former cm posted, lots of bots do get banned. The problem is it's really easy to make a new account so botters can get back into the game easily.

No, it's not possible to get 10 shards after two runs. like its not possible to buy a weapon after 7 runs.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    It seems we're not the only ones to notice nexon's absolute failing in policing the game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/5vylzz/why_is_this_acceptable_nexon/

SAD!
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited February 2017
    Not only botters who take up massive amounts of maps and gains without being there. What about hackers and exploiters?

People flaunting Beater Medals, Frenzy Totems in Reboot, the recent hacking exploits regarding Arcane Symbols and skills such as Monolith.

I would dare to say they're probably caused some sort of lag within the servers and possible channel crashing if not the actual functions of a poorly maintained game.

There needs to be punishment, removal of exploited gains, and of course permanently patching such methods so they can never come back. So far, I don't see any of this happening besides ninja patching. I've heard rumors of people being able to keep such gains.

As long as this continues, it will progressive plague the market, rankings, and the community. There are many people on other sites such as YouTube, BasilMarket, and /r/MapleStory (that is not an extensive list) who have claimed to started hacking because of Nexon's incompetence to not only fix the game, but to make it better with absolute transparency along with treating us players like actual humans in cooperation to get on the same page of the current state of the game, and its future.

I question the general practices for not only the current format of Customer Support, but along with the Forum Suggestions, Bug Reporting, Technical and in-game Report function. There are so many options for players to file a complaint, but why is so little being done on Nexon's side.

Legacy issues such as Dragon Rider Party Quest, Crusader Codex, Horntail, Event Hall, general client/server stability and the list can go on with lesser known bugs. I don't need to go into Suggestions or Technical issues since the problems aren't players not reporting it, but a genuine response from Nexon with either a proper solution that fixes the issues or diagnosing the issues with the player or what the report has been given.

I don't know where the heart of the problem is, but I honestly think that the players are not at fault. Nexon needs to change whatever is keeping Global MapleStory at this state.
    FennekinJulyPirateIzzyMambicZeldaOfHyruleSanctity
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Nexon
    edited February 2017
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    It seems we're not the only ones to notice nexon's absolute failing in policing the game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/5vylzz/why_is_this_acceptable_nexon/

SAD!

that was debunked by oneletter.

Neospector
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017

They still haven't explained how someone can only get a two week ban for hacking.

• bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Nexon
    edited February 2017

They still haven't explained how someone can only get a two week ban for hacking.

I don't see what there is to explain about it, it's their ban policy.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Then this is a perfect opportunity to draw attention to their weak ban policy. Hackers must be permanently banned edit: or AT LEAST taken off ranks, no exceptions.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2017
    Then this is a perfect opportunity to draw attention to their weak ban policy. Hackers must be permanently banned edit: or AT LEAST taken off ranks, no exceptions.

Players are taken off the ranks after their first ban. That policy has been in place for a while, although I cannot recall if it was under KThxBaiNao or under Artasi that it was implemented.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    That's exactly what this thread is about, a recently banned hacker was NOT taken of the ranks.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2017
    You Sir(I assume Sir) are giving false information.
    I know people who got banned, there proof all over reddit or tinyurl and they simply get returned to the rankings.
    Check lvl250's in Grazed, and you'll see.

To state that they care about hackers, is a joke. I've reported WITH videos + images + SS + tags people, and they still aren't banned. There is a Kinesis in Renegades right now, go check his rank. Went from 242 > 245 is 5 days.

No, it's official Nexon policy.
    https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/204506489-Banning-Guidelines
    Permanent rank removal will be imposed on players that violate the Terms of Use.

In case you're unwilling to believe the official Nexon policy, here's a Reddit thread from 8 months ago where players discuss the policy:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/4nseir/banned_removed_from_rankings/
    You get removed from the Overall Rankings on the site. Once your ban is over you can still Dojo and what not.
    It's now all bans thanks to the change in the Ban Policy, previously you had to be banned multiple times with temp bans before you would be taken off the rankings (or with 1 perm ban).
    Any bans, and it's removed from overall rankings. I was banned for harassment with a 3 day ban so it's all bans that remove you

I cannot vouch for your personal experience, but this is the official word and policy. Not false information.