[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New server wish: Nightmare

LearisLearis
Reactions: 710
edited February 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I know it's completely opposed to the philosophy of this game, but I'd like a server where the game is an utter nightmare in terms of difficulty. Enemies hit like a truck and don't die so easily. You will absolutely die if you go on autopilot and try to wipe boards. Your defense is as important as your offense. I had hoped that reboot would be like this, but I see it's not at all.

Yes, bosses can be extremely hard, but 99% of the game is mobbing, and I'd just prefer that to be a heavy challenge too. It would feel like more of an accomplishment as I level, and would be tons of fun to have a server like this where everyone is in the same boat. I think teamwork would be more encouraged, and rank would be more meaningful.
CorruptedPhoenix

Comments

• JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    This sounds freakin cool.
    I dunno how realistic it'd be though. . .
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    I believe Europe's Supreme server was like that. It didn't last long.
  • LearisLearis
    edited February 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    I believe Europe's Supreme server was like that. It didn't last long.

Interesting, do you know what caused it to fail? I guess making the mobs very difficult would expose which classes are suited for survival and which stand little chance :P
  • SlicedTimeSlicedTime
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited February 2017
    I'd guess some reasons for Supreme's fall were server issues and fairly low population. From what I remember, the server was also fairly unbalanced, as the rules made some classes nearly unplayable.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2017
    Learis wrote: »
    Interesting, do you know what caused it to fail? I guess making the mobs very difficult would expose which classes are suited for survival and which stand little chance :P

It wasn't as popular, as far as I'm aware. Certainly nowhere near as popular as Reboot wound up being. I believe the official reason given was to improve general service and stability. JMS also had a supreme server, and also shut it down.
    The shutdown received mixed reactions from the community, but most people simply wanted compensation. Only a handful of people actively fought against its shutdown, and many believed the concept to be broken or poorly implemented. Compensation was eventually given for the shutdown, including a hefty sum of maple points.
  • LearisLearis
    edited February 2017
    I see, that's a darn shame. Maybe it's just too radical of a change from the way the game was designed. Really bummed it didn't work out.
  • MekMek
    Reactions: 1,170
    edited February 2017
    The medals were pretty great tho.
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited February 2017
    Wouldn't it be better if we had a nightmare PQ or something like that? With ranks? And cool rewards? I don't think us players would be interested in a supreme server for a long period of time. It's more like "oh this is hard, fun fun" and then forget the place exists? Unless the nightmare server had nice events and was kept updated.

• IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited February 2017
    Invulgo wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be better if we had a nightmare PQ or something like that? With ranks? And cool rewards? I don't think us players would be interested in a supreme server for a long period of time. It's more like "oh this is hard, fun fun" and then forget the place exists? Unless the nightmare server had nice events and was kept updated.
    Seens interesting, a PQ with good rewards, but with high skill needed; i would prefer like week entries so people don't have to do everyday.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited February 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    Compensation was eventually given for the shutdown, including a hefty sum of maple points.

So that explains why GMS won't bother implementing it. So why not just implement toughness to the casual end of the game? (where it's effortless to reach 200)

Really it's just a matter of reversing all the changes that made leveling easier to make it a decent challenge. *waves cane* Back in my day... (yada yada yada).