[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Random Video :)

xMuramasaxMuramasa
Reactions: 650
edited February 2017 in Archive
-Removed-

Suspicious activity much?

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2017
    We do not allow accusations of hacking on the forums. Please report through the official channels, either in-game or through a support ticket.
  • xMuramasaxMuramasa
    edited February 2017
    It wasnt an accusation o.o it was just a video of suspicious activity
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    edited February 2017
    xMuramasa wrote: »
    It wasnt an accusation o.o it was just a video of suspicious activity

And you should still report that via a ticket or in-game. Indirectly implying someone's a hacker is still calling them a hacker.
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    edited February 2017
    That isn't to say there aren't illicit players to be dealt with. The issue arises from the fact any player can call out any other player, framing them through game quirks, actual computer/network issues, and so on. No matter how "obvious" the individual might be, only the developers have the tools to properly investigate and assert certainty over such cases. Meanwhile, depending on the form of accusation, a player could bring unwarranted negativity on a legitimate player. Considering the numerous cases for both instances, it is safer to keep all reports of such activity private - you gain little to report a individual publicly.
    Its2Sharp4U
  • xMuramasaxMuramasa
    edited February 2017
    I do *report* them via live chat, you know what im told? "Video's are not required" how can undeniable proof not be required? I used to take pride in reporting hackers because i didnt need to fiff and faf around, i could post a video and not be Modded, infact people were grateful for it, the gains - satisfaction when the banllist appeared and hackers i named/recorded were on it.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    I do *report* them via live chat, you know what im told? "Video's are not required" how can undeniable proof not be required? I used to take pride in reporting hackers because i didnt need to fiff and faf around, i could post a video and not be Modded, infact people were grateful for it, the gains - satisfaction when the banllist appeared and hackers i named/recorded were on it.

When and where were you able to post a video of someone hacking and not have it removed?

As for "undeniable proof" - videos can be, and have been, faked. That's why Nexon bans people only if a GM sees them in-game and becomes convinced they are hacking or botting.
  • xMuramasaxMuramasa
    edited February 2017
    EMS. There was a section devoted to reporting hackers.

As for faking videos, i wish i had those skills lol.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    EMS. There was a section devoted to reporting hackers.

We had a section for that in our old forums, too. But it was write-only. Once you made your report, only staff could see it, not other players.
    In these new forums we don't have that section because it is essentially the same as making a ticket.
    And as things stand now, even if you were allowed to post your videos here, it wouldn't get anyone banned because GMs don't look on the forums for their hacker reports. They look in the ticket queue.
    As for faking videos, i wish i had those skills lol.

Nexon can't know who does or doesn't have those skills.

We had a case, not too long ago, where a video was posted, on youtube, of a famous maple streamer hacking. Enough people were made aware of it that it caused a lot of drama on reddit (even though they have a "no witchhunting" policy, similar to our "no naming & shaming") and at one point the person got banned.
    He posted a video of his own, trying to prove the incriminating video was faked (by hackers that he had reported and gotten banned before), and claiming he got banned solely based on that fake video. He said he doesn't hack so no GM could possibly have seen him hacking, and wanted Nexon to check his case again.
    Eventually, after a lot more drama, he was unbanned.

To this day, there are people who believe he is a hacker who got unbanned because he knew the right people, and other people who believe he was framed.
    How are we to know, when none of us have access to Nexon's game logs?

Would you like to be in that guy's place? How would you feel if some hacker took enough of a dislike to you to fake a video of you hacking and post it all over the forums and fansites? That streamer has his account back, but he'll never get his reputation back.

The reason for the "naming & shaming" rule isn't to protect cheaters. It's to protect legitimate players from being labeled cheaters, by malicious or mistaken people.
    Nexon's GMs are the only ones who can ban cheaters, so they are the only ones who need to see accusations, suspicions, or evidence, about hackers. Players don't.