[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Lucid boss fight feedback.

PeepPeep
Reactions: 3,950
edited February 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
So Lucid has been out for a while now and I wanted to give some feedback about it after clearing it a number of times successfully.

The fight is fun and a step up from Damien and Lotus but there are a few issues we have with it and I'm sure other groups that clear this would feel the same way.

Currently in GMS Lucid's attack that shoots out sickles happens before the animation. This right here is a major issue. Why? Well because there are many instances where you will find yourself dead if you are close by before the attack even happens. This hurts melee classes the most as you are forced to keep your distance to avoid dying instantly. Please change this so the damage happens after the animation. Not before hand.

Anouther issue is in the first phase with the golems. There is really no clear indicator on where they'll drop before they actually drop. It happens so fast and although it doesn't 1 hit you the following hit will and you often find times where u will die because they drop so fast without really letting u know. I know Magnus balls drop randomly but with the Lucid boss fight I feel like this is just bad design.

No real issues with the rest of the fight unless others have something to add.

Comments

• NeedAssistanceNeedAssistance
    Reactions: 325
    edited February 2017
    I agree on the point about the sickles, but that's most likely caused by the ridiculous amount of lag we've been having. In fact, I'd say lagging during the fight is what makes it so difficult in the first place. Sickles aside, the bombs also take an additional 1-3 seconds to go off after hitting 0, so even if you've found a person to stack with, you're still open to being hit by something else in that timeframe despite having been ready for when it SHOULD'VE gone off.

As for the falling golems, I personally don't think they're that difficult to dodge. There's an outline that appears about a second before they land, so you have ample time to move out of the way. The only time I would agree is if the bursting flowers or the dragon are covering them. That, I think, is a pretty big design flaw. Especially the dragon.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited February 2017
    I agree on the point about the sickles, but that's most likely caused by the ridiculous amount of lag we've been having. In fact, I'd say lagging during the fight is what makes it so difficult in the first place. Sickles aside, the bombs also take an additional 1-3 seconds to go off after hitting 0, so even if you've found a person to stack with, you're still open to being hit by something else in that timeframe despite having been ready for when it SHOULD'VE gone off.

As for the falling golems, I personally don't think they're that difficult to dodge. There's an outline that appears about a second before they land, so you have ample time to move out of the way. The only time I would agree is if the bursting flowers or the dragon are covering them. That, I think, is a pretty big design flaw. Especially the dragon.

Which is why it should have a clearer indicator for the golems. As for the sickles. It's def not the lag. While I know the servers have been pretty bad in the past weeks there was def no lag during the runs I did. It's just how it is for our version which is why it needs to be changed.

Agree on the bombs too.
  • NeedAssistanceNeedAssistance
    Reactions: 325
    edited February 2017
    Peep wrote: »

Which is why it should have a clearer indicator for the golems. As for the sickles. It's def not the lag. While I know the servers have been pretty bad in the past weeks there was def no lag during the runs I did. It's just how it is for our version which is why it needs to be changed.

Agree on the bombs too.

Is that so? I've never been on a Lucid run that didn't involve lagging (either as a side effect of playing in Scania or my own machine/network's incompetence, I'm not sure), so I had always thought the sickles killed before appearing because of it. If that's the case, then yes, I do agree that needs to be reworked.